Christmas Planning 2016

Tips and suggestions about how to plan for the holidays? Share any party ideas you might have.

Christmas Planning 2016

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:55 pm

What are you planning for Christmas 2016?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Re: Christmas Planning 2016

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:28 pm

I wanted to do another outside decoration project, but after my doctors visit today, that will have to be put on hold. Shoulder surgery in August and possible back surgery in October.

Oh well. Better to be healthy than well decorated. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:31 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:I wanted to do another outside decoration project, but after my doctors visit today, that will have to be put on hold. Shoulder surgery in August and possible back surgery in October.

Absolutely. Health beats everything! Honestly I've been so obsessed with our debt dumping that I haven't put a great deal of planning into new stuff for this year. We are on the final budget stretch now so I can put more thought in Christmas planning.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:36 am

CandyKane wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:I wanted to do another outside decoration project, but after my doctors visit today, that will have to be put on hold. Shoulder surgery in August and possible back surgery in October.

Absolutely. Health beats everything! Honestly I've been so obsessed with our debt dumping that I haven't put a great deal of planning into new stuff for this year. We are on the final budget stretch now so I can put more thought in Christmas planning.

Dumping that debt is way more important than new Christmas "stuff". Stuff can wait.
After the debt is gone, it won't take long to save up for anything including new stuff. :D
So happy for you all!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:13 am

So glad you are healing from your shoulder surgery and prepping for your back surery in a few months CC. Our health is our greatest gift to God, ourselves and those we love!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Organising & Planning