Holiday Grand Plan 2008

Tips and suggestions about how to plan for the holidays? Share any party ideas you might have.

Holiday Grand Plan

Postby Jodie » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:55 am

Just thought that I would post the link for the holiday grand plan for 2008

http://holidaygrandplan.com/

It starts on August 31 this year, with List Week.

I will make sure that I have my binder ready in time - I love to print out all the paperwork that goes into the binder to help me plan this. I often swap weeks around depending on what is happening here at home, but I can rarely follow the plan as they have it.

Is anyone else taking part again this year?

Jodie
Toy Maker

Re: Holiday Grand Plan

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:34 pm

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:35 am

Well I think I'll give it a go once again - don't they say third times the charm? LOL :lol:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Jodie » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:54 am

I am looking forward to doing it again, I managed to get a lot of things done last year that I would not have, if I did not have the plan to follow.

I did not follow the plan exactly but made it fit in with what I needed to get done.

Doing the list thing was great and a fantastic time saver in the end.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Merry Sage » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:59 pm

I tend to follow the Martha Stewart holiday planner and it works well for me. But I always enjoy seeing other people's ideas for maximum enjoyment and minimise aggravation over the Holidays! :jump:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Jodie » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:50 pm

Merry Sage do you have a link for the Martha Stewart planner?

I love her and watch her show on foxtel all the time.

I would like to have a look at it and see if I can use bits of hers and the organised home one and make them better for my home.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:35 pm

I didn't know MS had a planner? I'm interested in hers too! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Winterself » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:34 am

oh yes i would like to have MS planner too.i use the grand plan one tho.ive been useing it for a few years now.good plan and so much in thay site too.
Winterself
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Merry Sage » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:05 am

It took me forever to get a copy of the MS planner. I think someone on the MS community site kindly gave me a link. I was sure I kept a copy of it on my pc, but I can't find it at the mo.

Edit: found a link via another site! The actual planner is one the fourth page, but you can pick and chose what you want to print out of the 15 pages offered.

MS Holiday Planner
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Jodie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:24 am

Wow thanks for that - I printed out the whole thing...

I love planners, they make life so much easier when someone had thought it all out for you.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Holiday Grand Plan 2008

Postby Mrs.Claus » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:33 pm

Well it's getting closer to make that clean up attempt again. This year the Holiday Grand Plan begins August 31. http://holidaygrandplan.com/

I can't wait. So far I've downloaded all the pages. Perhaps this year they'll get put in a binder or I'll create a Christmas Notebook.

Anyone else going to give it a go this year?
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Re: Holiday Grand Plan 2008

Postby Merry Sage » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:58 am

The scrapbook theme is very pretty. So are the notebooks.

A binder is more practical for me. I already have a household/personal binder with a Holidays section in it and since our celebrations are so small, it does the job. I'm going to have a browse through the planner pages regardless.
:flake:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Stephanie » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:16 am

I'll do a modified version of it b/c I live in an apartment and I just don't have that many rooms. So, there should be no excuse for me if I don't finish! lol :lol:
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:08 pm

Yes! I download the pages I want, tweak them in MS Word, and then print them out!

I have a Christmas themed 3-ring binder with sections for the GP, baking, crafts, cards, invitations, party planning, etc!

Last year I was almost done on time!!!!!!! :jump:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Snowbelle27 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:14 am

Merry Sage wrote:

Edit: found a link via another site! The actual planner is one the fourth page, but you can pick and chose what you want to print out of the 15 pages offered.

MS Holiday Planner

Thanks for this Merry Sage, it looks great. I love Martha Stewart, have printed it all and will have a good look at it later when my children are in bed.

:snowwow:
Snowbelle

Snowbelle27
Ornament Hanger

Postby Winterself » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:40 pm

ill be using my grand plan as usual.ill have to go check out martha stewart one.i like to combine them together.the more the merrier..
Winterself
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:57 pm

......definitely the more the merrier! I have one for Christmas, CIJ, and another one for the rest of the holidays! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Snowbelle27 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:20 pm

Have been thinking about doing a bit of pre-Holiday Grand Plan planning throughout the month of August.

Over the next month I am trying to do a bit of sorting and tidying in various areas so that when it comes to the HGP it will make things a little easier.

I made a bit of a start yesterday and sorted a couple of kitchen cabinets out and shuffled a few things around - I'll see how it works over the next few days to see if it will remain that way.

Today I sorted out my make-up, cleaned a few things and did a bit of re-arranging.

Anyone else have any plans?

:holly1:
Snowbelle

Snowbelle27
Ornament Hanger

Postby Jodie » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:01 pm

I pulled out the grand plan binder last night because we are so close to getting a start on it - only a couple of weeks away now.

I did add a few things to my lists - more gift ideas and some more to the Christmas card lists (both overseas and local).

The last time I had it out was the week before Christmas in July - because I have a section for Christmas in July in the binder - to complete who came and how the night went.

I always look forward to doing this. It gets all those little things that you put off done before the big day.

I have also added to my baking list - I decided that in December, I am going to bake one special Christmas item to eat that week. Stollen is in the first week, we can have it for afternoon tea and then toast it through the week for breakfast, brunch or after school snacks.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Jodie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:05 am

Only 10 more days until the Grand Plan starts :jump:

Jodie
Toy Maker

Next

Return to Organising & Planning