Study-o

Tips and suggestions about how to plan for the holidays? Share any party ideas you might have.

Study-o

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:46 pm

Okay - finally after a year of planning, but no time to do anything, hubby and I are starting on the study-o. The Study-o is a combination study area for the kids to do their homework and studio where we're putting the music stuff (bascially anything music related - guitars, cds, keyboard, etc). It's not a big room, but we're moving out a lot of junk.

Of course today would happen to be really hot (humidex is ridiculous) and thunderstorming, bonus the kids are at a friend's house, so they are out of the way. Wish us luck. :reindeersmile:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Re: Study-o

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:40 am

Good for you Mrs. C! Right now, I cannot declutter any more.........but in the future every room, every closet needs a thorough review and charity donations! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:45 am

Well we cleared out just over three quarters of the room and moved it downstairs into the dining room. It's less hot today, so we'll be moving the rest out. Okay, hubby will be moving the rest out - I get to sort through all the boxes. It looks like a lot of it is yard sale stuff - YAY!! Just need to wait for a weekend without rain.

The girls are having a couple friends over today, but they'll be in the family room (a cool part of the house) and playing Barbies and Video games. So hoping they'll be entertaining themselves and we can still work. :elf:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:34 am

Isn't it amazing how much 'stuff' we can accumulate, pack away and then forget we had in the first place?? I know it is to me!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:47 pm

I thought I'd give a bit of a update - the room is finally painted!!!!!! yay! Although hubby wants to wait until Monday before we start moving stuff in (we're away on the weekend). I really wanted to get this done, but I guess a couple more days won't hurt.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:21 am

How wonderful, Mrs. C, to be ready for the fun part -- decorating! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:02 am

Sounds great! Did you get a lot of things for a yard sale or to send to the thrift store? :holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:41 am

Merry Sage wrote:Sounds great! Did you get a lot of things for a yard sale or to send to the thrift store? :holly1:

Lots of things for a yard sale, just haven't been able to have one. :cry: Although the garage is cleared out and everything in it is organized. :D
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Merry Sage » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:46 am

It's not too late in the year for a yard sale is it?
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:57 am

Merry Sage wrote:It's not too late in the year for a yard sale is it?

I hope not - my only fear is the temperature is unstable right now - not sure if it wants to be fall or summer.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:14 pm

How did your yard sale turn out Mrs. C?

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:00 am

We didn't have a yard sale :cry: The weather didn't cooperate and when it did those were the weekends we had to be away. Ah well, most of it is in the garage now and some is going to the charity shops, so it's not a total loss.

Update on the Study-o process - we've managed to get the desk, computer, and book shelves in. Still need to put books on shelves and set up nice floating glass shelves to display our little bit of NASCAR collection. I figure not too bad for us, when itusually takes years to do anything. lol
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Return to Organising & Planning