Guests for the holidays

Tips and suggestions about how to plan for the holidays? Share any party ideas you might have.

Guests for the holidays

Postby XmasSnowy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:01 pm

hi guys!! So with the holidays coming up, I'm just wondering how you guys keep up with cleaning, especially with so many guests coming over for the holidays?
XmasSnowy
Elf Apprentice

Re: Guests for the holidays

Postby mistletoe misfit » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:47 pm

Normally Dsister and DBIL come a couple of weeks before Christmas. This year they are coming right at Christmas. YAY!!! :smilecc:
They are used to the fact that our house is never going to be immaculate, with our three children, a dog and two cats.(plus I take care of other children here as well) I just do the best I can to keep on top of it. It's not a disaster or anything, but there's always little fingers touching everywhere and everything so it will definitely not pass the white glove test.
It would be nice to hire a cleaning person to come in and give me a little extra help before the holidays. But that just is not in the budget. :merrysanta:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

!

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:31 am

Every year I try to finish before Thanksgiving all my Christmas 'to do' list! I try.......... :lol:

Tomorrow I am organzing, cleaning, and taking down photos from the front of the house so we can put up the tree Thursday. It will take me weeks to finish the tree frist, then the inside of the house. Last Christmas I never completed all the outside decorations due to the near 100F temperatures.

Wish me luck :lol: How are you doing on your schedule?

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Organising & Planning