Christmas Plan(ning) 2012

Tips and suggestions about how to plan for the holidays? Share any party ideas you might have.

Christmas Plan(ning) 2012

Postby Mrs.Claus » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:24 pm

Alright everyone, here is the list of Christmas Organising Plans:

Fly Lady (she has a Holiday Control Journal)

Christmas Notebook (Yahoo Group)

Holiday Grand Plan (Yahoo Group)

Christmas Organizing (website, Yahoo Group)

Organized Christmas(this site has four different plans)

Christmas Countdown (a six-week Christmas organizing workshop written by Cynthia Ewer)

Holiday Grand Plan (a little bit different from the Yahoo Group listed above but still based on the system created by Katie Leckey)

Houseworks Holiday Plan (the plan assigns a cleaning-and-organizing focus based on the book Houseworks, along with a short list of holiday planning chores)

Rudolph Club (on the 25th of each month, a different aspect of holiday organizing is highlighted

Which one do you like best? Will you be following one this year?
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Re: Christmas Plan(ning) 2012

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:46 am

I got out my Christmas Notebook and started looking things over again this year. Trying to tweak it so that maybe I'll get a little farther this year. LOL It's worth a try. :laugh:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:44 am

Christmas planning is always a great idea and every year I appreciate your posting good links for us to read! Thanks Mrs C! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ShellAvery » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:23 am

I've never seen one of these before! I always make my own plan in a "Christmas Notebook" but nothing like this. I might have to try one this year, I always have a million projects that never get finished. I'm already trying to get Christmas prep work started so that I can actually enjoy the holiday season with my family instead of just making it happen :razzberry:. I already have our Tiny Prints Christmas cards made and I started shopping for the kids last month :roll: and I already have these Visa Gift Cards for my nieces and nephews. I love these cards and you can order them online which is super convenient. So I got a lot of the biggest jobs out of the way (excluding the fun ones like decorating :smilecc: ). Thanks for the resources! Maybe I'll actually get everything done on time this year :D
ShellAvery
Elf Apprentice

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:50 pm

ShellAvery - I would love to know how you put together your Christmas Notebook. I tend to pick and choose what I think will work for me from the above plans. I would love to get some new ideas. :D
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby ShellAvery » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:47 am

Mrs. Claus - My previous "Christmas Notebook" was seriously rudimentary. It was literally just a regular paper notebook with hundreds of lists and ideas and post-its sticking out of it - it was a serious mess. :laugh: I went through the list of sites you originally posted and I really like this Holiday Grand Plan on the Organized Christmas site. I like having physical calendars that I can write reminders on. While I like having notebooks and calendars, paper can get overwhelming. I may be out somewhere and I forgot my notebook and I can't remember what I need. I am really trying to step into the technology world a little more and utilize my iphone since its with me at all times. The hubbie got me all set up with this app call Wunderlist. It's a very simple list app that lets you check off items once you have them. What I love about it, is you can access the lists from your computer and you can share the lists with other people who have the app. We have been using it for groceries and it is amazing. The husband and I both add to the list and who ever is at the store can always see what we need. I'm in the process of creating lists for each person who is receiving a card or present and lists of food or things I'll need for the house around Christmas. So far it is going well! I'm still keeping my notebook and calendars though, my brain still needs to see things in larger forms. :D
ShellAvery
Elf Apprentice

Postby Mrs.Claus » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:59 pm

I, too, like having the printed calendars and agree lots of paper can be a bit overwhelming. Although I really have a hard time putting it on the computer (sounds a bit funny coming from me), but I usually forget to check what I have on the computer and wind up forgetting that it's there. One thing I do create (add to) on the computer every year is a spreadsheet for people I need to buy gifts for and how much they cost. My hubby finds it easier if I e-mail him the spreadsheet.

This year I'm reducing the number of sections I have in my notebook, trying to consolidate it into lesser groups, perhaps this will help me complete it. Wish me luck :wink:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:16 am

I'm a computer planner but still add small notes to my calendar. Just to make certain I don't overlook something important.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:52 am

HGP starts today - at the Yahoo group and Organized Christmas

So much to do to prepare. I'm hoping to look at it today, but we will be going out for most of the day. Wish me luck!
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Return to Organising & Planning