Christmas Tree Themes

All the twinkling, blinking, spectacular light displays, shiny holiday ornaments, and overall Christmas decorations.

Re: Christmas Tree Themes

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:27 pm

As it grows closer to Christmas let's share what themes we finally selected!! :jump:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Winterself » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:04 am

well ive decided i think..to put up our 6 footer fake tree again.with our eclectic theme of old ornies,new ories,diferent kids ive collected and my DD old school ornies she made.and ill donate my other smaller trees to the needy in our area.
Winterself
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:05 pm

Giving to others! Now that is the Christmas spirit! And your tree theme sounds homey, warm, and lovely!! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Snowbelle27 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:30 am

I only really theme my trees by colour, I have always used red and gold in the past, and have usually only one tree but my ideal would be 3. One in the living room, one in the family room and one more either in the dining room or hallway.

My living room needs a major overhaul - the plaster needs to come off the walls and the ceilings need to be replaced. It definately won't be done by christmas so I will use my usual red and gold theme.

We are currently working on another project (family room and laundry) which I am hoping will be completed before Christmas. So my plan for a red and silver tree in the family room may become a reality, will have to see.

I am in the process of collecting some plum and silver decorations for a tree either in the hallway or dining room.

I do have a snowman theme in my kitchen and I have to say this is my favourite. I absolutely love snowmen.

:snowwow:
Snowbelle

Snowbelle27
Ornament Hanger

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:50 am

Snowbelle, I love and collect snow people!!!

And color themes are fantastic! Then you can use the items around the room also. I've done that in the past and it is flawless decorating! Kudos! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:51 pm

Last year my dear MIL gave us her pre-lit tree for the family room. This tree I decided would have only homemade decorations other than the lights. A week before Christmas we get a real tree and it goes in the dining room.It has a whole mix of different types of ornaments.
One day In January my DH and I had a wee argument. I guess either this was his way of apologizing or my Christmas craziness has finally worn off on him. Because he came home later that same day with a new pre-lit tree. :lol: :lol:
One problem-where to put it???
As for lights. Well....there are never enough of them on my trees. Everyone just rolls their eyes at me when I complain that I need to get more every year.
Sorry for rambling.
3 trees for sure, maybe more.

mm :jump: :jump: :jump:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Snowbelle27 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:38 am

This year I will hopefully be having 2 trees for the first time.

I am in the process of having my old garage converted into a family room, hopefully it will be done by Christmas, and will have a skinny tree in there which I bought in the sales last Christmas.

I also plan on having a tree in my living room. We usually have an artificial one but providing my family room is completed then after Christmas we will move onto re-modelling the living room so I may go for a real one . Will have to see where we are at when the time comes.

My children also have a mini tree each in their bedrooms.

:holly1:
Snowbelle

Snowbelle27
Ornament Hanger

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:21 am

We are now having difficulty even thinking of a tree. My Dad and I were going to shop for a new larger prelit tree for he & Mom. Now that he is gone...........I wonder if I will even decorate this year.

All of your decorations sound wonderful! What a merry group! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby lilnoelelf » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:06 am

This year wil be a new one for my house hold. the kids will have there own trees in there rooms and then the main tree in the living room. For the boys room they have choosen everything red and green for their tree in their room and the girls are calling their tree "Winter wonderland" they put alot of thought into it already and their idea is everything white and sliver on their tree and they have already started making the paper snowflakes for it! both rooms will have 6 foot trees (thanks to DH and his love for them!)myself and DH is just enjoying helping them and cant wait to see how they will turn out
Remember the TRUE reason for the season!!!!Image!
lilnoelelf
Bulb Tester

Postby suzysnowflake » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:51 pm

My tree doesn't have a theme. I sometimes try to color coordinate it though. My favorite decorations are the ones made my kids. :scene: :throw:
suzysnowflake
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:43 pm

Those are the most treasured of all ornaments Suzy! :flake:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby jlcarey » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:49 pm

I want to get a 4-ft. Christmas Tree for my daughter this year, for her bedroom. I'd like to get a prelit one, but if not, I'm sure it's not a big deal to string a 4-ft tree with lights, lol. Anyway, I want to let her make some garland for it with popcorn and cranberries. and pick out some of the ornaments off of the big tree to put on it. Then I'd like to get a small set of color-themed ornaments to let her put on it. I think that will be so much fun for her and make her feel extra-special this year, just when she's feeling a little outshined by her "new baby" brother. I also figured she could put the presents she makes and buys for friends and family under her tree, and maybe in exchange, "Santa" will leave a couple of her presents under there on Christmas Eve... :P

Yay!! I'm so excited! I hope I can get more of my family into the Christmas Spirit earlier this year, so that the "season" lasts much longer...

:scene:
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Jodie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:26 am

I have 2 big trees - one eclectic with all the beautiful ornaments that I have collected over the years and the other is a silver and white theme.

I also have 2 table top trees - one that is decorated with gold, silver and pine cones and the other is decorated with starts of all colours.

I am seriously thinking about buying a new tree this year for my room and a real one in a big pot that I can leave out on the back deck to decorate.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:00 am

Watching a snippet of Joan Rivers on QVC last weekend I saw Russian enameled egg ornaments and decided to buy enough for a tiny tree in our master bathroom! I am so excited!!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Snowbelle27 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

That sounds lovely Noel.

:flake:
Snowbelle

Snowbelle27
Ornament Hanger

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:41 am

Thank you! I've also decided to do an Icicle tree in our room! My poor Dh is a bit overwhelmed at this point! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Silver Bells » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:53 pm

Our tree has never really had a direct theme. It's usually a variety of things that stand out to us, plus ornaments of old...we still have ornaments from my parents' first Christmas together as well as my grandfather's childhood ornies. We have tons and tons and tons of Hallmarks that we've collected over the years, and wonderful beaded ornies that Mom made way back when.

Now that I've moved out, I don't know if my fiance and I will have an actual theme or not. I want to start out own "memory tree" :)
Silver Bells
Elf Apprentice

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:34 am

Our family room always has a 'memory tree'. We had to start over a few years ago. Your tree sounds beautiful from the heart, Silver Bells, that this is the most beautiful tree!!! :holly1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Previous

Return to Silver & Gold