Christmas soup?

All the smells and tastes of the season.

Christmas soup?

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:06 am

Does anyone have a recipe for 'christmas soup'? In Sweden it is the tradition to put up the Christmas tree on December 23. A 'dip in the pot' is also the traditional 'meal'. Sort of like dumplings which I do not like. So, I thought it might be nice to make a soup or stew. Something we could smell all day while we worked.

Any ideas for recipes? I was thinking maybe tortellini with red and green peppers........

:snowkiss: :snowtree: :treeswave:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Re: Christmas soup?

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Does anyone have a good bark recipe? I haven't had it in a while and would love to whip some up.
:smilecc:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:29 pm

jwlundgren wrote:Does anyone have a recipe for 'christmas soup'? In Sweden it is the tradition to put up the Christmas tree on December 23. A 'dip in the pot' is also the traditional 'meal'. Sort of like dumplings which I do not like. So, I thought it might be nice to make a soup or stew. Something we could smell all day while we worked.

Any ideas for recipes? I was thinking maybe tortellini with red and green peppers........

:snowkiss: :snowtree: :treeswave:

Did you try our recipe section?

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:31 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Does anyone have a good bark recipe? I haven't had it in a while and would love to whip some up.
:smilecc:

PEPPERMINT BARK:

ngredients

* 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
* 24 hard peppermint candies

Directions

1. LINE baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. MICROWAVE morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70 percent) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
3. PLACE peppermint candies in heavy-duty plastic bag. Crush candies using rolling pin or other heavy object. While holding strainer over melted morsels, pour crushed candy into strainer. Shake to release all small candy pieces; reserve larger candy pieces. Stir morsel-peppermint mixture.
4. SPREAD mixture to desired thickness on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved candy pieces; press in lightly. Let stand for about 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:50 pm

Thank you for the great recipe for bark! I will make it for the party this weekend.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:47 pm

ENJOY! It definitely is delish! :dinner: :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:46 am

I am also looking forward to building a gingerbread house when my brother comes home for Christmas with my parents. :gbhouse:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Return to Holiday Recipes