Reindeer Cupcakes

Those special after dinner treats.

Reindeer Cupcakes

Postby SnowGirl14 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:52 pm

The holidays are finally here. I love this time of the year because there’s a lot of spending time with the family and baking! Here is a festive cupcake recipe that will be a hit with the kids! You can put your own twist to them. Let me know what you think!

Peanut Butter Reindeer Cupcakes
Ingredients:
Peanut Butter Cupcakes:
3/4 cup - all purpose four
1 teaspoon - baking powder
1/4 teaspoon - salt
1/2 cup - creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup - butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup - Florida Crystals® Organic Cane Sugar
1/2 cup - firmly packed Florida Crystals® Organic Brown Sugar
3 - eggs
1/3 cup - milk
1 teaspoon - vanilla
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
3 cups- Florida Crystals® Organic Powdered Sugar
1/2 cup - butter or margarine
1/3 cup - Dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup - milk
Decorations:
pretzels
chocolate covered candies

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups.

In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat peanut butter, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add milk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients; beat until well mixed. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.

Bake 18-24 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Carefully remove cupcakes from pan; place on wire racks. Cool completely.

To Prepare Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
Combine in a large bowl, with mixer at low speed, Organic Powdered Sugar and butter. Add Dutch processed unsweetened cocoa powder and milk. Beat at medium speed 1-2 minutes until creamy. If desired add more milk until frosting is spreading consistency. Reserve 1/4 cup frosting. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting.

To make reindeer on each cupcake, insert 2 pretzels for antlers and 2 candy pieces for eyes. Dip 1 “any color” candy piece in reserved 1/4 cup frosting to cover; place on face for base of nose. Top with red candy piece to complete nose.

Makes 12 cupcakes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SnowGirl14
Elf Apprentice

Re: Reindeer Cupcakes

Postby Noel+ » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:14 am

Oh, those are adorable! And sound yummy! I'm adding them to next year's Christmas baking list! THANKS

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Desserts