Wish Upon A Hero

Christmas or non-Christmas charities and organisations - local or world-wide.

Wish Upon A Hero

Postby Winterself » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:12 am

what nice things to do ..each year we do a christmas giving tree or angel tree for the heart of florida youth ranch.our church supports alot of groups now.its wonderful.i also pick one child each year on
http://www.wishuponahero.com and see who needs help with christmas..its amazing how many people are in such needs..
Winterself
Christmas Tree Finder

Re: Wish Upon A Hero

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:55 am

Thank you for sharing and posting this link, Winterself -- we can all grow from learning about how to serve others at Christmas! :flake:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:22 am

What a great charity - there are so many that need a helping hand today.

We have a Wishing Tree at our local Target store and each Christmas we select one little girl and one little boy and buy them gifts for Christmas.

We also give to the local food drive each year - the kids take non perishable goods to school and they are made up into food parcels for those less fortunate (our local Coles store does the same thing).

It really makes a difference to some peoples lives when they need a hand.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:48 pm

My children sometimes become a bit blue when they see the trees still have names on them for gifts. They ask if we can buy them all so the family won't be sad and I tell them that would be selfish. There are enough on a tree to share with others so they experience the joy of giving too! Then their bright little faces radiate joy! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:08 am

I noticed that on our wishing tree, the more names that are removed, they are replaced by others.

It is so sad that there are so many children out there who's parents cannot afford to buy their children a gift.

I am glad that I can help.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Winterself » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:57 pm

Noel i agree it so sad to see angel trees with names still on them during the last christmas..last year a few days before christmas there were still names on them..and itwas so sad..i know that walmart takes those names and gives gifts to the kids on the last day.but its sad to see that less people can help out anymore..it will be a shocker this year am afraid..
Winterself
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:33 am

Yes it is heart breaking! In the halls of the hospital there are people, young and old completely alone at Christmas. We decorate, buy gifts, and the staff pays for a special meal..........but you wonder, why don't people care more for them? Society world wide has become less giving and more preoccupied with their own circle of family & friends. And that is very sad indeed! :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Charities & Helps