"A Redbird Christmas" Fannie Flagg.

Escape to Christmas through reading - books, stories, prose, poems. Feel free to share your own creations too!

"A Redbird Christmas" Fannie Flagg.

Postby Joanna » Thu May 01, 2008 11:20 am

Deep in the southernmost part of Alabama, along the banks of a lazy winding river, lies the sleepy little community known as Lost River, a place that time itself seems to have forgotten. After a startling diagnosis from his doctor, Oswald T. Campbell leaves behind the cold and damp of the oncoming Chicago winter to spend what he believes will be his last Christmas in the warm and welcoming town of Lost River. There he meets the postman who delivers mail by boat, the store owner who nurses a broken heart, the ladies of the Mystic Order of the Royal Polka Dots Secret Society, who do clandestine good works. And he meets a little redbird named Jack, who is at the center of this tale of a magical Christmas when something so amazing happened that those who witnessed it have never forgotten it. Once you experience the wonder, you too will never forget A Redbird Christmas.
Joanna
Bulb Tester

Re: "A Redbird Christmas" Fannie Flagg.

Postby Noel+ » Tue May 13, 2008 9:56 pm

Pure Christmas magic and a great read!!!! :flake:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:00 am

This is a very good book, I didn't know if I would like it when I started reading it but I got to a point where I couldn't put it down and I could actually place myself in the story and see what I was reading. Very good book.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby CandyKane » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:59 pm

This sounds like a great book. Think I'll stop by the library tomorrow and look for it. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:42 am

You'll love the Christmas joy of this book CandyKane! Enjoy! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Holiday Lit 101