CAY Blog

Info about CAY. Feel free to ask questions about CAY here too.

Re: CAY Blog

Postby Stephanie » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:01 am

Mrs.Claus wrote:
Merry Sage wrote:Hmmmmm.....its not working. I keep getting error messages. What I'm trying to do is subscribe to the blog by adding it to my iGoogle pages. Perhaps I can't do it with this particular blog. :holly1:

Not sure if Wordpress works with google (blogger is in the google family, though). I will look into it and see what can be done. It gives you a dropdown list and Google is in the list, but I don't see igoogle. When I click Subscribe (to the google) I get the choice of Add to Google Homepage or Add to Google Reader. Hmm not sure how to get this to work - will keep looking and see what I can find.

If you select Google, then it should add it to your iGoogle page if you select "Google Homepage". Also, it should work even with blogs that aren't blogspot. At least, that's been my experience.

I'm going to try it and see what happens.

ETA: I must be blind! Where is the subscribe link on the blog? lol
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Stephanie: scroll down to the very bottom of the CAY Blog page. In black, on the left, it says "register" then "log in". Just click and go! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Stephanie » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:51 am

Noel+ wrote:

Stephanie: scroll down to the very bottom of the CAY Blog page. In black, on the left, it says "register" then "log in". Just click and go! :smilecc:

Thanks Noel, but I was referring to a link to subscribe to the blog so that it will appear on my Google page. It gives me the option to subscribe when I click on the RSS link, but Google (or any other site) is not given as an option. So, I'm not sure if that is the right place.
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:10 am

Sorry for the confusion. When I say iGoogle, I mean the personalised pages I have with my Google account. So for instance, if I could subscribe to the CAY blog, I would have the feed go to the appropriate Google homepage (as you mention shows up in the drop down) in my account.

And after checking again, I see what I needed to do. I use Firefox for my browser. The orange icon to subscribe the the blog frontpage is up on the right hand side of the IP address bar. Doh! And woohooo!
:shop:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:44 pm

Stephanie wrote:ETA: I must be blind! Where is the subscribe link on the blog? lol

On the right hand side of the blog page underneath TopSites. It's called RSS. Hope this helps. :elf:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:49 pm

Merry Sage wrote:And after checking again, I see what I needed to do. I use Firefox for my browser. The orange icon to subscribe the the blog frontpage is up on the right hand side of the IP address bar. Doh! And woohooo! :shop:

:jump: So glad it's working!!!!
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:09 pm

Glad to know Mrs C solved the problem......as always! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Previous

Return to CAY FAQ