Losing weight before the big day?

Gift giving, shopping, and budgeting. Share your tips, suggestions, and ideas to help wrap up the holiday season.

Losing weight before the big day?

Postby ShellAvery » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:49 am

Hey all!

Anyone else trying to lose some weight before the big day?

With the Christmas season already upon us I'm starting to stress a but about all of the pictures with the family. I've always been one of the heavier members of my family, but after a stressful year I'm currently the heaviest I've ever been and I'm dreading having to see myself next to my skinny sisters.

So with all that at the back of my mind, I'm trying to shed whatever weight I can before then! I know less than a month isn't much time, but I'm hoping that even if I don't see enough of a result to feel better by Christmas that I'll at least have a good head start for next year :roll:

So do any of you have some advice for me? I'm pretty close with my SIL (another skinny mini!) who recommended I try out Beachbody's beginner workout: https://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/you-v2-beginner-workout.do

...she swears by their stuff and I saw firsthand how much (I think it was INSANITY?) helped her tone up, so I'm hoping this is a good place to start. Any other tips on diet or exercise that have worked for you? Anyone just want to complain in solidarity?
ShellAvery
Elf Apprentice

Re: Losing weight before the big day?

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Shell,

I am a diabetic, but overweight, and despite eating only sugar-free, gluten free except on Christmas day, I do not lose weight. It is embarrassing and frustrating for me too.

My sister uses South Beach diet and busy their meals at the grocery. She lost 9lbs the first week but then it slowed down to 1.5-2.0 pounds per week. There is a book available and probably a website.

I hope that is helpful and encourage you on the journey.

Noel

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Holiday Hustle & Bustle