It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas?

Gift giving, shopping, and budgeting. Share your tips, suggestions, and ideas to help wrap up the holiday season.

Re: It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas?

Postby sugarcookie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:22 am

Noel+ wrote:Still dreaming of Autumn here in the cactus-shrewn desert! But Christmas dreams abound and QVC has the Joy of Christmas on Saturday! :scene:

Today is the first day of Autumn but it'll be 85 here today. The leaves have started to fall and they're all over the roads. It looks like fall, but we're experiencing warmer than normal weather this week. I suppose I should enjoy it while it lasts because it gets quite cold starting in November.

Thanks for the reminder about QVC. I'll be watching it on Saturday. Maybe I can mark a few things off of my Christmas list. If not, I'll still enjoy watching. Do you normally buy anything? One year I found several items to buy as gifts. It varies.
Christmas is the most magical time of the year.

sugarcookie
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:31 pm

Its 103F here for the first day of Autumn. I use my memories to remember what Autumn really looks & feels like and I miss it!

I'll be watching QVC tomorrow too! Happy shopping! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby suzysnowflake » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:19 am

I just picked up my Christmas wish book at Sears, and there are a couple of rows at Michaels dedicated to Christmas.
:snowtoast:
suzysnowflake
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:42 pm

Oh! i need to rush over to Sears for the Christmas Wish Book! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby sugarcookie » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:13 am

I was in JcPenney & Macy's two days ago and they had a lot of Christmas items in. Macy's was in the process of unpacking their merchandise but they had some trees up & decorated. JcPenney even had all of their Christmas items on sale for 50% off. They're not past season items either. Kirklands has a lot of Christmas things as well....I love Kirklands. I can't believe how close it's getting, I can just hear the bells jingling.
Christmas is the most magical time of the year.

sugarcookie
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:28 pm

Still no Christmas decorations in Arizona. We're still having 100+F temps daily so Halloween is the fare.

Just can't wait for the first decorations to show! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Winterself » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:46 pm

2016 UPDATES....

well we are the first in our neighborhood to decorate...and one house has a fake tree up outside but no decor or lights yet.. :shop: :gbhouse:
Winterself
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:36 am

Our town square is being decorated this weekend in preparation for our Christmas parade. :rockettes:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Oh, how I miss small towns. Their Christmas decorations, festivals and choral arrangements are always the best! Enjoy CK. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Previous

Return to Holiday Hustle & Bustle