Baker's/Chef's Basket

Gift giving, shopping, and budgeting. Share your tips, suggestions, and ideas to help wrap up the holiday season.

Baker's/Chef's Basket

Postby Mrs.Claus » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:27 pm

What type of things would you put in this type of basket? How would you decorate or wrap it?
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Re: Baker's/Chef's Basket

Postby Mrs.Claus » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:28 pm

I've seen and have been given a gift of a lasagna dish with pasta, sauce, etc and wrapped in tea towels.

I've also put together a gourmet basket. My mom, the girls, and I went in together on a wedding shower gift. We got a wicker laundry basket and then put in all sorts of interesting spices, dip mixes, coloured pasta, herbal oils, and unique sauces.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:31 pm

One of my favorites: spray paint a large basket w/metallic pewter. Inside layer the bottom with a tablecloth, and use matching/contrasting napkins to divide sections of the basket. Include one new gourmet cookbook, atleast one new inventive utensil the Chef does not have in his cutlery, and some rare spices! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Winterself » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:16 am

well how about putting a layer of red/white checkered cloth on bottom so some of it spills out.then fill it with a few cooking utencils the basics,measuring cups,measuring spoons,maybe a recipe book of some kind,seasonings,oven mits,pot holder,if money allows..maybe a box of spaghetti,a jar of sauce,and abottle of wine.or sparkling juice.
again id use celaphane and a red ribbon and bow..
Winterself
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas_Eggnog » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:15 am

My mom and I always make baking baskets full of assorted homemade cookies and even fudge. We also slipped in a DVD. Two years ago we put the baked goods in large baskets. We got the baskets from the dollar store, we also bought tissue paper from the dollar store.....it was also affordable and a wonderful memory that will last a lifetime! :carolbells:

Just last year we put the cookies in holiday tins. For close family we also added a bottle of wine..... :happyny:

How about everyone else? Are you all going to bake? If so, what?

Oh, and I made peanut butter cookies, sugar cookies (with shredded candy cane!), db chocolate cookies, chocolate cookies, raisin oatmeal cookies....I'm hoping to make the same next year. Oh, and I also made ginger bread in the shape of smiley faces and ice skates! It was fun decorating them with sprinkles and colourful icing sugars! :gbhouse: We also made a gingerbread house. :scene:
Christmas is, of course, the time to be home - in heart as well as body."
Christmas_Eggnog
Bulb Tester

Return to Holiday Hustle & Bustle