BLACK FRIDAY - You shopping?

Gift giving, shopping, and budgeting. Share your tips, suggestions, and ideas to help wrap up the holiday season.

BLACK FRIDAY - You shopping?

Postby XmasDVD » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:34 am

Are you going out into the crowds on Friday 11/28 for Black Friday?? We are! 4am at JCPenney for our snowglobes...
ImageImage
XmasDVD
Bulb Tester

Re: BLACK FRIDAY - You shopping?

Postby Merry Sage » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:53 pm

I'm from Canada and I've never heard of this. What is it?
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Pretjah » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:55 pm

i have to work so no i wont be
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:44 pm

It is the day after the American Thanksgiving. The major retailers all have huge sales and some have give aways as well. I think they call it "black Friday" because this day is when they usually go from in the red to making profits.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:32 am

NO! In college I worked at Walmart on Thanksgiving Day for 12 hrs, only to rise at 4am for Black Friday. Thereis so much pressure on you to balance your drawer to the penny while customers grumble "hurry up!"

That is definitely not my idea of Christmas!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby sugarcookie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:43 am

I know we have a little over two months until Black Friday 2010, but I'm already thinking about it. There are a few websites that have released their BF predictions. Last year, my husband & I went shopping on BF for the first time together last year...he usually leaves the shopping up to me...I actually enjoyed shopping with him. He kept me from spending too much. I'm looking forward to finding some wonderful deals. I usually get to the store around 9am. The items I am usually looking for are still there at that time. This year, I'll be on the look out for some electronic gadgets so I may have to get there earlier.
Christmas is the most magical time of the year.

sugarcookie
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm scheduled to work Black Friday. Hope ya'll scoop up some bargains! :shop:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Pretjah » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:49 am

it looks like i'll be off this year...but not sure if i'm going shopping yet...will probably all depend on where we do thanksgiving...last year we went to my sisters in upstate NJ so friday we crashed....this year we will either being going to my wife's parents or my family will all be going down to Ocean City Maryland...if we stay at home i probably will just crash on friday if we go out of town we'll probably hit up some outlet stores and what not
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby SimplySarah » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:05 pm

I'm late to this thread (new here, hi! :) but i shopped black friday for the first time this year. It was certainly an experience! Target was the craziest but we got the legos we came for. The other stores honestly weren't that bad and we got everythingthat we went for. We saved a lot of money but where I have saved the most money and with less stress is shopping online. By combining coupon codes and thanksgiving weekend deals online I saved 80% on my cart at JcPenney.com and almost as much at Kohls.com.
I asked for a maid for Christmas and I got a new vacuum.
SimplySarah
Elf Apprentice

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:48 pm

Thanks for sharing your shopping trip with us - and congrats :D ! on the good buys!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:18 pm

I did about 98% of my shopping online this year. It definitely allows me to spend more time enjoying the company of family and friends, instead of running around to different stores.
:shop:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Return to Holiday Hustle & Bustle