Black Friday

Give Thanks.

Black Friday

Postby Mrs.Claus » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:52 am

How's everyone's shopping plans going? Are you deciding not to shop? Is Black Friday considered part of the US Thanksgiving tradition now?

Being Canadian, we don't have this day, but since I've always lived close to the border I know a fair bit about it. Plus some friends and relatives head down to shop on that day too.

A note about Black Friday for those who think it sounds a little evil :P Black Friday is the day that most retailers go from being in the red (in debt) to the black (making money).
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Re: Black Friday

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:50 am

No change in plans for me! I refuse to shop amidst grumpy customers! And that was my experience.

Anyway, I only have 2 more days after Thanksgiving to decorate the entire house, tree, and outdoors. Then I'm back on my 16hr daily/6days a week workschedule. Time to enjoy! :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Stephanie » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:46 pm

My husband and I go out for Black Friday every year. I've never had a bad experience though. I think it may depend on the area you're in. I probably wouldn't go if I lived in a larger area where there could be potentially thousands of people in attendance. I read that someone got trampled in New York today. No deal is that good for me. So, I'm lucky enough to live in a smallish town where everyone was really nice. I had fun shopping today.
Stephanie
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:10 am

I am glad you had a happy Black Friday experience, Stephanie. AND you are exactly right, JMHO, about city experiences. Extra traffic, people shoving, pushing, and fighting over merchandise...........take me back to my Charlie Brown tree first! :peekleaves2:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to Thanksgiving