Resolutions

Ring in the New Year.

Resolutions

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:03 pm

Do you make New Year's resolutions? What do you think of them?
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Re: Resolutions

Postby XmasDVD » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:30 pm

I stopped making them years ago - you can;t fix things like that - if you are serious about bettering yourself, you have to work at it - weight loss, etc. You get into a habit of making and breaking them you will never succeed - Just make a goal to lose 10 lbs or something then just eat better,smaller portions, turn off the TV and walk more.
ImageImage
XmasDVD
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:46 am

No. Several years ago I made a resolution to never again make New Year's Resolutions. Why? I never kept them! :cry:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:41 am

I'm another who doesn't do resolutions. I know when I need to get my butt in gear to change etc.. so I try to get on with it without making promises to myself. :holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:02 pm

My daughter wanted to talk about making New Year's resolutions last night at the supper table, she asked us all what ours were. We decided to explain resolutions as a commitment and they are not to be made lightly. When we make a resolution we're resolving to make a change and that requires a lot of hard work.

We talked about what we want to do in the new year. The girls want to do better in school - they already do extremely well, but we were happy to see that was something they wanted to commit to. Mommy and Daddy want to figure out a plan for finances (who doesn't :wink: ). I also want to focus on the house. Of course this has been a goal for a few years now and I think I'm slowly making changes. Hubby also said we should help each other out with our resolutions and the girls were keen on that too.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:58 am

Family resolutions...........what a great idea Mrs. C! Helping each other..........working toward common goals.........now that is a useful life tool! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Return to New Year's