Valentine's Day

Celebrate!!

Valentine's Day

Postby Mrs.Claus » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:21 pm

How do you celebrate Valentine's Day?

I've heard of people having a tree - like a Christmas tree, but decorated with hearts and cupids. I'm not sure what we'll be doing this year as it's on a Saturday - definitely will be something the whole family does. In previous years hubby and I would go out to dinner on the day before or the day after (when it's not too busy). Maybe we'll stay home and make dinner together - the whole family, that should be fun! :muffs:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Re: Valentine's Day

Postby Noel+ » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:19 pm

To me, Valentine's is more about couples. I do remember passing out cards at school, and then like Charlie Brown, being hurt if someone forgot me! LOL!
We do the cards for the kiddos, and I bake heart-shaped cookies/cupcakes........but it is more a time for us. And very subtle decorations: hearts sprinkled about, words of love around, and that's about it.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:43 am

Happy Valentine's Day!

I've seen ideas for decorating that I thought were pretty neat. One woman got a mini white tree on sale last month and has decorated it with those foil-covered chocolate hearts. I've seen a small green tree, this one was a potted dwarf pine so it can be planted out later, done with both chocolate and felt hearts. Those twig-style trees that are popular for Easter decorating work well for Valentine's Day too.

Who said Christmas trees were just for Christmas eh? :holly1:

I don't know that we're doing much to observe the day. Might get a bottle of bubbly later. I got hubby a card. Like Christmas, we try to keep the Valentine's spirit alive year round, not just for one day.

I hope everyone has a great day and a happy weekend!

Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:21 am

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:01 pm

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines day!
First day no one was sick. YAY!!
We were able to take the kids to the annual Hearts and Teddy bear Extravaganza. Plenty of valentines and teddy bear crafts for the kids to do. They enjoyed a teddy bear picnic and magic show. There was a sandwich and tea lunch, silent auction and crafts for sale. It was a nice outing.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Return to Other Special Days