Organizing

For those who just can't wait until December.

Organizing

Postby Noel+ » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:53 am

We don't need a Grand Plan for Christmas in July, but we do need a plan! And organization is the tool to make it all a summer breeze!

1. Inside & Out: where you want to decorate for CIJ?

If you decorated the house last year, now is the time to pull out those snapshots! Do you want to match that theme, add to it or alter it?

2. Which rooms do you want to decorate?

Create a list of rooms, by name, and underneath each one list the theme/color/decorations you want to use.

Set a timetable to complete each room prior to July 1st! That gives you time to work on wrapping favors, gifts, and additional meal planning,

As for the outdoors, keep it simple, but keep it Christmas! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Re: Organizing

Postby Jodie » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:18 am

I totally agree.

I did print out the calendars from the grand plan to use and plan what I want to do.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Merry Sage » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:02 am

I've not thought about decorations yet. We're hoping to be moved by CIJ so decorating is going to depend on our new digs. I'm thinking a nautical theme though, seeing as how we're going to be on the coast.
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:41 pm

Congrats on the move, Merry Sage! I hope you love the ocean - I do!
I have seen some stunning nautical Christmas designs and look forward to seeing how you decorate your new home! :reindeersmile:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:50 am

Our CIJ party guest list is finalised and I have done the invitations - they won't go out until the end of June, but it is one less thing to do when I get busy and work is starting to get busy again.

For invitations this year, I went to Microsoft templates for MS Office and typed in Christmas invitations - there were so many to choose from and some really nice ones too.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Merry Sage » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:13 pm

Jodie wrote:For invitations this year, I went to Microsoft templates for MS Office and typed in Christmas invitations - there were so many to choose from and some really nice ones too.

Thats interesting Jodie. I'll check that out. :flake:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Return to Christmas in July