What did you do today?

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: What did you do today?

Postby Merry Sage » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Filled in for my SIL at her pet supply store today. :holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:46 am

Today was a fun day -- not as much sleep or rest as planned -p but a nice quiet day at home with family. A perfect Labor Day -- nonlaboring! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Walk, bit of shopping, home to make Thanksgiving dinner. :holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:29 pm

Ahhhh, rested! We ate leftovers, watched tv, and I napped a couple of times in my chair! :peekleaves2:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:45 am

I had a good day yesterday. I've been dealing with pulled back muscles for nearly three weeks now. Yesterday was the first time it started really feeling like it was resolving. I was worried about this because I need to be fit and healthy for the new job I start next month. Add to that I'm a naturally active person and a lousy patient, so things weren't moving along as fast I thought they ought to be, dang it!

Plus I had the house to myself all afternoon. I rarely get that chance any more with hubby working from home since last November. I love him to death but you can't be in each other's laps 24/7. It startst get on your nerves. I took advantage of the peace and quiet to putter around, give myself a pedicure and go for a nice long walk through as many fallen leaves as I could find. Cheered me up no end!
:gbhouse:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:44 am

Ah, Merry Sage, I hope your muscles continue to heal. It takes time, I know, but we're praying for you!

I worked today........fixed dinner...........cleaned house..........took a quick shower........and came to CAY for some Christmasy spirit!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:49 pm

Took DS shopping for a Halloween costume this morning. We also hit the dollar store. This afternoon it was off to hockey. I don't know if the arena was warmer today or if I am becoming more tolerant to the cold already. Or possibly because it is so warm outside, I am warm upon entering and immediately after exiting the arena. :think:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby suzysnowflake » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:09 pm

We had a wonderful day today, family over to dinner and a walk to the park with the kids and dogs. It was a gorgeous day, not to cold but you could feel the crispness of autumn in the air and on the cheeks!

:leafjump:
suzysnowflake
Bulb Tester

Postby Noel+ » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:14 am

So glad you had a lovely day Suzysnowflake! :flake:

I rested all day long and for the most part watched QVC's Countdown to Christmas! I only ordered one item, marked down and with free shipping: David Schlinder ornament wreaths [2] in multi-colors with glitter stands! I was so excited!! :shop:

Back to work in the morning........... :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:00 am

Just got the grocery order packed away. Supervisor called from the new job and wants me to start the 9th rather than the 16th. I said no problemo.

Got a nice surprise today; I won about £50 worth of Palmer's cocoa butter products in a contest I forgot I entered. So I've gone through that. Some of their stuff I like, some I don't. I'll find good homes for the product I don't want.

The grandbaby is doing well, the sun is shining so so far, its a good day!
:holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:46 am

Worked 9 hours, then had to use FMLA due to Moms condition taking a turn for the worse. Exhausted!!! :rudolph1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:48 pm

How's your mom doing Noel?

I worked again today at the SIL's shop. That's the last of it for me now as I start my new job on Monday. When I got home I made supper and ordered a new combi microwave oven. Hubby can't get the hang of the regular stove & oven and last night our trusty old Panasonic combi microwave finally gave up the ghost after 8 years of hard service. He can make meals if he has the microwave. He's a happy camper now that the new microwave is being delivered Monday. Aren't men funny?
:elfgrin:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:59 am

Worked.........fixed dinner.........read..........on my personal computer before bed! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Got some laundry done, baked a cake, went for a walk with hubby, talked to daughter on the phone (she and baby are doing well) and made us a big dinner of roast lamb. :holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:38 am

Work for 12 hrs; fixed dinner, cleaned up, watched "V" and Dancing with the Stars then came online. Tomorrow is a holiday and I hope to sleep in past 5am!!! :shop:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:05 am

Working 3 pm to 7 pm today. So far I've put away laundry done after work yesterday, made breakfast and waded through some paperwork. :holly1:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:21 am

Soundling like a broken record: worked! Just have Sunday off for a couple of weeks.

BUT my sweet brother & DH put up our living room tree! They also brought in all the bags/boxes/cartons of Christmas decorations! That way I can spend an hour a night [with my schedule] trimming the tree and then after Turkey Day decorate the house! YAY! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:50 pm

What a great team you have there Noel, with your brother and DH. :smilecc:
Today it was off to DS hockey game, then all of us went grocery shopping. After we returned I went Christmas shopping.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:38 am

W O R K ............16 hrs of it! Just stopping by CAY before collapsing into bed!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Previous

Return to Holiday Chatter