Christmas Toy Question

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Christmas Toy Question

Postby CandyKane » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Today I was reminded of a toy that I desperately wanted as a child.....and didn't get. :cry: I don't even remember why I didn't get it. Maybe it was unavailable or maybe the cost. I just remember that I wanted it bad. It was a Dolly Pops Poptown playset. I can still picture it and to me it was the greatest thing ever. Now thanks to ebay I can have one all to myself. I probably won't buy it but it's comforting to know that I can. So my question is.....As an adult, have you ever purchased a toy that you wanted as a child just for YOURSELF? I'm reminded of the scene in Santa Clause 2 where Santa pulls out all those toys for the grown ups. I know that you can't go back again......but it sure would be fun to try. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Re: Christmas Toy Question

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:28 pm

Now that I think of it. I always wanted a BB Gun and a Mini Bike. To this day, at age 47, I still have never owned either.
I can hear that famous line from A Christmas Story now. "You'll shoot your eye out kid!" :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:59 am

We were very very poor, so Christmas gifts had to fit into my dad's old socks! I don't remember feeling left out.........but I do remember some items I wished Santa would leave at my door. It's not possible now, in this economy, but if I could I would purchase the items for myself. So should ya'll! :shop:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ShellAvery » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:39 am

I was pretty lucky as a kid. I was an only child and I don't really remember wanting for much, but I think that's an amazing idea. If you can afford to do so it might be a fine trip down memory lane :)
ShellAvery
Elf Apprentice

Return to Holiday Chatter