CHRISTMAS 2014: 2500 Posts

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2014: 2500 Posts

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:11 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uXB9IR9vOw

Been looking for this cute Christmas movie for years!

Thanks for this Christmas link Jolly!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:42 am

Just ordered Perky a Christmas Hawaiian shirt for Christmas in July. It is navy blue so it is not quite so "obvious" if he wears it on a cruise. Hee hee. We did not get each other much this year since we traveled. I just hope I remember where I put it! hm....emergency Christmas (aka Christmas in July) bag sounds like a good place. :shop:

When we were in Texas, we saw a Hawaiian shirt with battleships at the Pacific War Museum. Unfortunately, Perky is a bit Hefty and they did not have a size 3X if anyone stumbles across a Hawaiian shirt with either battle ships or submarines (Perky is former Swedish navy) I would be willing to pay up to $100 for shirt and shipping combined. Yes, I am trolling ebay. But you never know........
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:12 am

Heard on the Swedish news today that in Russia Christmas trees are called "New Year's trees" which I thought was probably a communist atheist thing. So, I googled Russian Christmas and was reminded that Orthodox countries celebrate "Christmas" on January 6, so Christmas is not over yet!

I can also say that having celebrated my first ever totally secular Christmas with no mention of the Christ child or why we celebrate Christ-mas......not even watching tv church or listening to radio church, it was quite depressing. We had intended to watch the mass from Rome when we retired to our "love nest" above the garage, but we were both too tired. It definitely lacks something to just celebrate food, presents, and being together no matter how nice those things can be. (end of rant).
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Heard on the Swedish news today that in Russia Christmas trees are called "New Year's trees" which I thought was probably a communist atheist thing. So, I googled Russian Christmas and was reminded that Orthodox countries celebrate "Christmas" on January 6, so Christmas is not over yet!

I can also say that having celebrated my first ever totally secular Christmas with no mention of the Christ child or why we celebrate Christ-mas......not even watching tv church or listening to radio church, it was quite depressing. We had intended to watch the mass from Rome when we retired to our "love nest" above the garage, but we were both too tired. It definitely lacks something to just celebrate food, presents, and being together no matter how nice those things can be. (end of rant).

Yes a Christmas without Christ is a hollow experience for me too. Some close family members wish I omitted Christmas Eve service & came to their home insteadd. It is not Christmas to me without the focus on Jesus.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Heard on the Swedish news today that in Russia Christmas trees are called "New Year's trees" which I thought was probably a communist atheist thing. So, I googled Russian Christmas and was reminded that Orthodox countries celebrate "Christmas" on January 6, so Christmas is not over yet!

Yes a Christmas without Christ is a hollow experience for me too. Some close family members wish I omitted Christmas Eve service & came to their home insteadd. It is not Christmas to me without the focus on Jesus.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:37 pm

Busy busy day for me. A doctors appointment & laborary tests added to s jammed schedule. Not to mention more needle prickss in a diabetics day!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:05 am

Jolly. Good luck with the furniture shopping happy belated Christmas shopping!!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:14 am

Going to church has always been a part of a Christmas Eve for me as well. Up until the last 2 years I went every Christmas Eve. I know going to parties also makes the season fun, but I need todo a better job of keeping church as part of what I love about the season. It just felt like something was missing without it.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:13 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! :shop:

Closing this thread & opening 2015 thread.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Previous

Return to Holiday Chatter