Christmas 2016

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: Christmas 2016

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:39 am

Noel+ wrote:Jolly most Christmas release movies leave our area in two weeks or less too. Only if they are box office gold do they stay another week. Amazon may have it too by end of next year. Just love your memories of seeing these films with your Dad.

We saw the first one in a "vintage" theatre in San Antonio in the last 70's. It was built when theatres were really pieces of art and architecture. Last time I checked it had been turned into a theatre of less repute. So Christmas sad, I was hoping to take Perky there at some point. I have read, however, that a "new" theatre (from the 80's) has been turned into a "vintage" style theatre. The memorabilia (fake or otherwise, I do not know) looks fantastic. We might check that one out on the next trip.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:43 am

That sounds Christmas wonderful Jolly. All our vintage theaters were destroyed in favor of sleek new buildings.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:47 am

Noel+ wrote:That sounds Christmas wonderful Jolly. All our vintage theaters were destroyed in favor of sleek new buildings.

There was one theatre that still had its original working wirlitzer (sp) organ in it that had been restored shortly before I left for the North Pole (8 years ago). It had been built in the form of a Mayan (Incan?) temple and showed IMAX movies relevant to the culture it reflected. Sadly, it did not last long. I was not able to fit a trip in before I left and it has since become a Rave nightclub.........very sad. I love those kinds of places as much as I love Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:31 am

Merry Friday Christmas. The last Friday of the year.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:07 am

Noel+ wrote:Merry Friday Christmas. The last Friday of the year.

Merry Friday after Christmas! and Happy New Year to all my Christmas friends!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:16 am

Happy Friday Christmas friends! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:26 pm

Noel, I agree about with you about the week just after Christmas. It is very restful and contemplative. I often organize the pictures that I took over the year (I did that for about 3 hours today) and watch Hallmark Christmas movies.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:31 pm

It is very hard for me to believe that tomorrow is the last day of 2016. While 2016 was a year that seemed to bring more calm and direction to my life, I feel bad about being away from this wonderful community that brings me so much calm and happiness. I resolve to stay connnected much better throughout the year...because Lord knows I keep Christmas in my heart all year long.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:33 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:It is very hard for me to believe that tomorrow is the last day of 2016. While 2016 was a year that seemed to bring more calm and direction to my life, I feel bad about being away from this wonderful community that brings me so much calm and happiness. I resolve to stay connnected much better throughout the year...because Lord knows I keep Christmas in my heart all year long.

Those of us who "live" here year round have missed you Christmas friend and we often Think about you and wonder how you are doing. Drop by once in a while. My work gets very intense during the spring but I will try to at least check in on Friday Christmasses, and Rudolph Days. My cousin is expecting Child no. 4 in late June, he was not amused when I suggested Hallie (Half) Noelle as a name if it is born on June 25, or Rudolph Leon (Lejon meaning lion in Swedish) if it is a boy. Hee hee. He has no Christmas spirit.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:36 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:It is very hard for me to believe that tomorrow is the last day of 2016. While 2016 was a year that seemed to bring more calm and direction to my life, I feel bad about being away from this wonderful community that brings me so much calm and happiness. I resolve to stay connnected much better throughout the year...because Lord knows I keep Christmas in my heart all year long.

We definitely miss you Kiwi all year long. With just a few minutes a smartphone means I can quickly keep in touch. What did we do without them?! Happy New Years Eve. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:37 pm

Wishing all my Christmas friends a safe and joyous New Years Eve! :happyny:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:36 pm

A special New Year's blessing for all my Christmas friends:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:07 am

Total Christmas posts in 2016. This closes the 2016 thread with a record breaking accomplishment! Kudos!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Previous

Return to Holiday Chatter