What did you do today?

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

What did you do today?

Postby Jodie » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:45 am

I try not to do too much work (accounting type work) on a Friday, so I can do all the household stuff.

So today I did the grocery shopping, cleaned the house up and did the washing.

I have noticed over the last twelve months how expensive it is to buy the same groceries that I have always bought. I am starting to change our menu's so that I can buy some cheaper stuff.

I always feel good on a Friday night, when I look around and see everything done, so I can relax on the weekend.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Re: What did you do today?

Postby Merry Sage » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:30 am

I made a point of keeping the business work to a minimum today. I had a rep from one moving company here this afternoon to give us a quote. Two more to see next week. I'm a bit concerned at how pricey this first quote was. We're only going 200 miles south and will do most of the packing ourselves!

The cost of living has really gone up here too Jodie. We've been here nearly seven years and the average household has seen a 20% rise in costs, but of course, without a corresponding rise in income. We do our best to economise, but frankly it gets to the point where its simply the price of things. And you can't do anything about that.
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby RadioJonD » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:08 pm

Well, it's Friday for most, but Monday for me. I go back to work today after being off only yesterday this week. Today is overtime, so the pay is better!
RadioJonD
CAY Maestro

Postby Mrs.Claus » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:01 pm

We mostly did some running around preparing for my mother's memorial service. Plus we were able to squeeze in a few moments to buy our brand new nephew a little something. We haven't had a chance to see him yet, but will probably see him on Sunday.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:33 pm

I am just home for another 14+ hr day! I tried to keep focused on caring goals despite being exhausted! Tomorrow is another 12 hr day. One day off in 7 at 3 week intervals is more difficult than I anticipated. So the first place I came, after kissing my sleeping little ones, and snuggling with my sweet DH, is CAY! My spirit, soul and body feel refreshed! :flake:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:00 pm

I managed to get a lot of washing done yesterday (all the sheets, blankets etc that have been stored and now need to be used).

Today I am relaxing and listening to Live365 - Christmas music and catching up on the forums, while OH play XBox 360 and catches up with heaps of his online friends. It is nice to catch up with friends (even if you can't see them and they are on the other side of the world).

I am roasting a leg of lamb for dinner - so I have to go to the store later and pick up some nice fresh rosemary and garlic to spike the lamb with. I will get some parsnips to roast in maple syrup as well - I love these and got the recipe from Nigella Lawson on one of her shows on the food channel (foxtel)...

But mostly it will be a relaxing Sunday today.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:36 am

Today I worked 12 hours, came home to fix a real dinner!, and did a basket of laundry.

Too tired to sleep, I made time for family, and now I'm at my place of Christmas peace, joy and love - CAY! :scene:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Mrs.Claus » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:48 pm

So far I've slept in until 10:30 and then had breakfast and now am on the computer. Later on we will be driving back home. Can't wait to get back there.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:07 pm

Today was restful, restorative and rejuvenating! I slept til noon :oops: , spent time with family, prepared a good meal for us, and smiled! Now I'm at my Christmas home, CAY, and then it'll time to prepare everyone for sleep! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:19 am

Today was a long day at work and then I had a meeting with my investment club - it was nice to catch up with the group of ladies in the club. We meet once a month and buy shares together.

I am now sitting in front of the TV checking out what has happened on CAY today, drinking a hot chocolate.

It is a quarter past 10pm on Monday 21st April and I am starting to get tired now.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Merry Sage » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:32 am

I've been a bit under the proverbial weather the past couple days, but feel better today. I've seen all the three movers we called to get quotes from. Boy, its expensive to move just 200 miles south!

I've done a load of laundry and got some chicken marinating for supper. Its lovely, stretched out in the sun, surfing and feeling some of the niggly things that make you uptight melting away. 8-)
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Mrs.Claus » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:14 pm

Spent another day at school - we have a book fair going on all week and I've been helping out. I just love books. :carolbells:
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Noel+ » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:30 pm

I worked............eat leftovers...........and as my DH watches the Phoenix Suns game Im posting at CAY! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:28 am

Worked - I was out of the office for a meeting and ended up doing a lunch meeting. As nice as it sound to have lunch out, it mucks up the rest of the plans for the day.

Now I will be working late into the evening.

Oh well, it has to be done.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:36 pm

I had a wonderful surprise at work! They informed me I completed the 480 hrs necessary to complete probation! Tomorrow a raise and a free lunch! God used all this over time to bless me in more ways than financial!!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Merry Sage » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:21 am

Noel+ wrote:I had a wonderful surprise at work! They informed me I completed the 480 hrs necessary to complete probation! Tomorrow a raise and a free lunch! God used all this over time to bless me in more ways than financial!!! :smilecc:

Congratulations! :flake:
Merry Sage
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:27 pm

Thank you Merry Sage!

It was fun all day today! :jump:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jodie » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:36 am

Congrats Noel.

Today was ANZAC day here and OH and I went to the dawn service really early. Then it was home for breaky and I did the shopping and house cleaning while OH went out with his mates to play two up (it is only allowed to be played on ANZAC day).

Our youngest is off with friends for the night tonight, so it is just me and the dog home tonight.

I must admit that I like the time to myself sometimes.

Jodie
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:24 pm

:reindeersmile: Thank you Jodie!

I worked 13 hours --- enough said! Off to bed!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:25 pm

:reindeersmile: Thank you Jodie!

I worked 13 hours --- enough said! Off to bed!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Next

Return to Holiday Chatter