2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Made the swedish surf and turf for dinner. My first lobster was not exactly a success but we did salvage the tail meat. I doubt I would try it again. Hunk of beef turned out well and hubby´s hasselback potatoes were wonderful. Have leftover mince pie and eggnog ice cream for later and our "champagne" jello desserts ready for midnight. Tomorrow is the american southern pork loaf and hoppin john made with black beans. Could not find black eyed peas this year, but I read that in south america and puerto rico, they use black beans, so there is precedent. Hoping all my Christmas friends have a safe evening and a blesséd 2013.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:05 pm

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and happy evening tonight! I am in the process of creating a Christmas website that once it's up and running I will share on here. Just a little fun side project. :smilecc:
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:06 pm

I am happy to see that we are already past 100 posts just a few days after Christmas! We to go group!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Made the swedish surf and turf for dinner. My first lobster was not exactly a success but we did salvage the tail meat. I doubt I would try it again. Hunk of beef turned out well and hubby´s hasselback potatoes were wonderful. Have leftover mince pie and eggnog ice cream for later and our "champagne" jello desserts ready for midnight. Tomorrow is the american southern pork loaf and hoppin john made with black beans. Could not find black eyed peas this year, but I read that in south america and puerto rico, they use black beans, so there is precedent. Hoping all my Christmas friends have a safe evening and a blesséd 2013.

Yes I use black beans all the time! In the midwest, we seldom used them but in the southwest they're a daily treat! It should turn out very well tomtemor! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:17 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and happy evening tonight! I am in the process of creating a Christmas website that once it's up and running I will share on here. Just a little fun side project. :smilecc:

thanks for the New Year well wishes kiwidogy. Good luck on your Christmas page! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:18 pm

It's close to the New Year's turning, and I'm meditating on all I am grateful for in 2012.

And one thing I am grateful for is CAY and each of you internet friends. We share a Christmas bond 365 days of the year! Wishing each of you a healthy, prosperous, joyful and blessed 2013. :angelsnow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:30 am

Happy New Year CAY'ers! You're all the best Christmas gift anyone could ask for!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Happy New Year - to all my CAY friends! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:06 pm

A beautiful chilly day outside- sunny but 16 degrees. Kind of sad though- taking down to Christmas decorations.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:09 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, and happy evening tonight! I am in the process of creating a Christmas website that once it's up and running I will share on here. Just a little fun side project. :smilecc:

Good luck on your Christmas website kiwi! I can't wait to see it! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:12 pm

Hope everyone is enjoying the first day of 2013. We had leftover Christmas ham for breakfast, then I put on a big pot of brown beans and tossed in the hambone for our supper tonight. :dinner: We saw some snowflakes this morning but this afternoon has just been fog and drizzling rain. So ready for this dreary weather to be gone. Ready to see some sunshine. 8-) :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:28 am

That leftover Christmas breakfast sounds delicious!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:24 am

CandyKane wrote:Hope everyone is enjoying the first day of 2013. We had leftover Christmas ham for breakfast, then I put on a big pot of brown beans and tossed in the hambone for our supper tonight. :dinner: We saw some snowflakes this morning but this afternoon has just been fog and drizzling rain. So ready for this dreary weather to be gone. Ready to see some sunshine. 8-) :smilecc:

We had left over ham for breakfast too CK! Hmmm......nothing better than Christmas left-over ham with beans or in an omelet!

Here it is 75F with no clouds in the sky. People are wearing shorts! Sending you some hot sunshine in exchange for misty cloudy rainy/snowy days! :snowwow: :snowwow: :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:53 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:That leftover Christmas breakfast sounds delicious!!

We had the last of the ham in the last of the fiesta soup made with leftover thanksgiving turkey (from the freezer). Very nice combination.

Dreamed last night I had a job at a year round Christmas store, now that would be a dream job............
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:46 am

Happy New Year to my Christmas friends!
I'm sorry I have been away for a while. But we have been enjoying time with family and fiends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:54 am

Our Christmas decorations are still up and we have no plans yet to take them down. :D
But I'm sure my wife will be setting those plans into motion soon. :cry:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:58 am

:cry: I was so sad when I walked into church this past Sunday and they had taken down all the Christmas decorations already.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:40 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Our Christmas decorations are still up and we have no plans yet to take them down. :D
But I'm sure my wife will be setting those plans into motion soon. :cry:

I took down the Swedish flags in the kitchen and put away the advent candles. But the rest will stay up until at least until January 13, St. Knut´s Day, the 20th day of christmas. Since I claim to get that mixed up with January 20, that buys me another week and since I have no job, there is no hurry.........plenty of time. I am putting a few more things in the Christmas in July bag since it doubled as the "emergency" christmas bag this year. I am also labeling things as I put them away as to whether they will go to the US if we move. Hubby said it makes him feel like I am leaving next week, but I tried to explain that labelling takes just a second, makes me feel that I am in somewhat in control (give me my illusion please........), and will make life easier if we do decide to immigrate. Having been through this before, it is NOT an easy process to look at everything single item you own and think "go, stay..........., not sure yet". Been there done that (twice now..........) :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:50 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:
oh, and don´t forget we always have Friday Christmases all year long!

That's a very nice gift your hubby chose for you! And it came in handy too on your first shopping trip.

We don't have Friday Christmases here.........I think its a good idea though! :D

I was referring to Friday Christmasses as created by Christmas Crazy on this list. At the very least you listen to christmas music while doing your regular chores. But, since there are SO MANY Christmas movies you cannot possibly see them all during the regular season, I am thinking of adding a Christmas movie night to the routine. We shall see. Hubby has not agreed.

Change of subject: I have had Hubby on a once a month oatmeal trial since July. It is an effort to convert him to the joys and health benefits of oatmeal. Now, he says that "January" oatmeal should be white and look like snow..........any ideas? My biggest source of inspiration comes from http://www.mrbreakfast.com. A glorious website! Today we had cinnamon apple raisin oatmeal.I was trying to capture the flavors of mincemeat, my favorite christmas pie.

I think that is a great idea to add Christmas movies to Friday Christmas.
There were so many movies that I did'nt get to see this year and that would be a perfect time to watch them now.
I have 25 Fridays off between now and Christmas vacation. I should be able to work them in.
Again, GREAT IDEA!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter