"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:13 pm

This Sunday Hallmark channel starts their Christmas movies! I'm so happy! I need a lot of Christmas right now!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:06 pm

Here in Canada we celebrate Remembrance Day Tomorrow. We honour our war veterans those that are alive and those that have given their lives so we may be free. My Grandfather is one, he is 94 and fought in the Second World War. Tomorrow my son and daughters classes will participate in Remembrance Day ceremonies at their school. My Husband, the wee ones I take care of and I afterwards will go to the Cenotaph in our tiny village to pay our respects.
I just wanted to share a little tonight with my wonderful friends here at Christmas All Year. Wishing Everyone a great evening!
Ange
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:13 am

Thanks for sharing with us MM. Today is our Veteran's Day. Our town will have a ceremony to mark the event. I wish they were having a parade. I love parades.....especially if they're Christmas ones. :rockettes:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:16 am

Busy day ahead with an extra long to-do list. Some days it seems like I work all day on a to-do list and it's longer at the end of the day than when I started. Don't know how that happens.

I sat down last night and made my Thanksgiving grocery list. I divided it so I can get things on the next 2 shopping trips. I'll do the same thing with my Christmas grocery list.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:28 am

Last night I had a dream that it was snowing! I woke up to sun streaming through the windows and it made me kinda sad. :| Hoping Santa can bring me some snow for Christmas. :snowink: :jump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Had to replace part of a wall today, at least it will look good for Thanksgiving and Christmas, also ordered the oldest child's gift last night. Can't wait til this weekend when it will finally get back to feeling like fall, temps in the 70's right now will be back into the 50's by Sunday. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:51 pm

Some packages arrives last night via UPS but I was just too tired to open them. So this morning, after the Veteran's Day parade, it felt sorta like Christmsas opening the boxes!

I had ordered some Slatkin items from QVC on the Joy of Christmas program 10/25 and they arrived yesterday. I plugged 2 of them into outlets with the Holiday Spice fragrance and it has filled my entire home with delicious scent. They're layered scents -- 5 different holiday themes -- and it is wonderful! I'm going back to order more as gifts!

Also I had ordered 3 Slatkin figural Christmas items. They're adorable......and they were on clearance price!

:leafjump:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

I also purchased my Turkey/Ham/side dish items today for Christmas. Thanksgiving is at my sister's house so my Christmas menu is fancy. I've added new items in favor of some traditional family ones and I'm going to make a Chocolate ganache-eggnog-cherry cake for the first time!

YUM! :dinner:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Oh! And I ordered some gifts for my brother and sister online today! I found quality I couldn't usually afford, even at Christmas, at markdown prices. Sometimes when money is little, blessing is great! HO HO HO :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:42 pm

My wife has family coming in tonight so tomorrow we will celebrate an early Christmas with them since they won't be back up to see us until after Christmas.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:55 pm

The 25 Days of Christmas scheduled has been posted at ABCFamily.com! YAY! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:20 pm

With temps in the low 40's today It starting to feel like Christmas. :cold:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:21 pm

I'm listening to Christmas music while I do my housework today. :carolbells: :santadance:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Counting today there are only 12 more days left until Christmas. That means only 12 days left until we put up our Christmas tree!! :peek: :snowtree:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:54 pm

While driving to work this morning, I listened and sang to Christmas carols! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:54 pm

CandyKane wrote:Counting today there are only 12 more days left until Christmas. That means only 12 days left until we put up our Christmas tree!! :peek: :snowtree:

CandyKane - I think you mean 12 weeks til Christmas, right? :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Ho-ho-ho I finished my major Christmas shopping online last night! YAY!

Did you know you can shop Black Friday online at Walmart.com and there is NO shipping and handling fee?

Just a few more small gifts and I can concentrate on enjoying the season! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:08 am

I bought a new family room Christmas tree yesterday morning. It was a very good deal. Our old one had branches that kept falling off. After dinner we played Christmas music and everyone decorated it. :scene:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:19 am

Today I am travelling with some friends to a large discount toy store. I have heard of it before but have never gone. It is a couple of hours away but apparently the deals on toys and books is amazing. There are a couple of Christmas gifts I hope to get there. A shopping I shall go! :smilecc:
Have a great day everyone!!!
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:45 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:I bought a new family room Christmas tree yesterday morning. It was a very good deal. Our old one had branches that kept falling off. After dinner we played Christmas music and everyone decorated it. :scene:

How wonderful, MM! What a perfect way to start the Christmas season! And when the whole family decorates a new tree for the first time you are creating such lasting beautiful memories! Please post a picture for us when you have time! ENJOY!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter