2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:23 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Good Saturday to all CAYer's out there, today is a busy one but when you have kids when isn't it busy. Have a VBS program and picnic to go to today. Happy that for the first time in six years my youngest went to a church and didn't meltdown. I think we might have found a new church to go to. Once that is done I have to get some school work finished that has been delayed all week for one thing or another, hoping to get to listen to some Christmas music at this time. Hope everyone else has a great Saturday. :smilecc:

Sounds like you have a fun-filled busy day scheduled ksrjreed! Hope it was a good one that lifted your spirits with the Christmas music! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:42 am

Hej Christmas friends! Just stopping by to say "hi". I gave myself a sinus infection by breathing dust when we did some heavy duty cleaning this weekend, thinking the apartment building was going to work on the radiators. After all the work (much needed), it seems that our apartment was not included. OH well, hubby finally got his flat screen tv for the bedroom. It is like sleeping in a theatre. He said it felt just like Christmas!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Hej Christmas friends! Just stopping by to say "hi". I gave myself a sinus infection by breathing dust when we did some heavy duty cleaning this weekend, thinking the apartment building was going to work on the radiators. After all the work (much needed), it seems that our apartment was not included. OH well, hubby finally got his flat screen tv for the bedroom. It is like sleeping in a theatre. He said it felt just like Christmas!

Sounds like Christmas movies in bed to me! :santa:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:20 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:Hej Christmas friends! Just stopping by to say "hi". I gave myself a sinus infection by breathing dust when we did some heavy duty cleaning this weekend, thinking the apartment building was going to work on the radiators. After all the work (much needed), it seems that our apartment was not included. OH well, hubby finally got his flat screen tv for the bedroom. It is like sleeping in a theatre. He said it felt just like Christmas!

And it sounds like a little of Christmas too! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:43 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:

oh,that will be fun! And Christmas in July is just around the corner! :elfgrin: :gbhouse: :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:51 am

Hello CAYer's,,,Hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday. I am running slugish today, really need some Christmas spirit to get me through today. Maybe some Christmas movies will do the trick. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:07 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hello CAYer's,,,Hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday. I am running slugish today, really need some Christmas spirit to get me through today. Maybe some Christmas movies will do the trick. :smilecc:

It always helps me to sing Christmas carols or play some Christmas music everwhere I go. Hope it helps you! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:26 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hello CAYer's,,,Hope everyone is enjoying their Thursday. I am running slugish today, really need some Christmas spirit to get me through today. Maybe some Christmas movies will do the trick. :smilecc:

I have two mp3 players. I keep one loaded with Christmas music for just such an emergency! :whistle:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:00 am

Tomtemor wrote:

I have two mp3 players. I keep one loaded with Christmas music for just such an emergency! :whistle:

Thumbs up! I also keep Christmas albums on my Kindle tablet! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby jlcarey » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:20 am

Hi everyone! Been a while but just thought I'd stop in on my break this morning. Enjoying my Christmas Song station on Pandora the last few mornings. Just started a new job this week and I have a huge cubicle that I'm actually allowed to decorate this year! And a big window with a huge sill! I can just see the tiny sparkly Christmas tree that will be sitting there this season!! Woot! Have a great day everyone!
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:43 pm

jlcarey wrote:Hi everyone! Been a while but just thought I'd stop in on my break this morning. Enjoying my Christmas Song station on Pandora the last few mornings. Just started a new job this week and I have a huge cubicle that I'm actually allowed to decorate this year! And a big window with a huge sill! I can just see the tiny sparkly Christmas tree that will be sitting there this season!! Woot! Have a great day everyone!

Nice! I decorated my office at the university last year and my swedish coworkers thought I was weird. they thought I was weird anyway. Imagine if I had still been there and decorated for Christmas in July! :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:46 am

jlcarey wrote:Hi everyone! Been a while but just thought I'd stop in on my break this morning. Enjoying my Christmas Song station on Pandora the last few mornings. Just started a new job this week and I have a huge cubicle that I'm actually allowed to decorate this year! And a big window with a huge sill! I can just see the tiny sparkly Christmas tree that will be sitting there this season!! Woot! Have a great day everyone!

Congrats! jcarey!! So you'll be decorating for Christmas in July?? And I imagine many strands of twinkling lights in the window by your cubby. Super - good luck in your new job too! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:47 am

Tomtemor wrote:

Nice! I decorated my office at the university last year and my swedish coworkers thought I was weird. they thought I was weird anyway. Imagine if I had still been there and decorated for Christmas in July! :gbhouse:

Yes, jennifer, I remember you sharing that reaction of your coworkers with us last year. I say - decorate anyway! Two of my coworkers last year were a Scrooge, but I just ignored them! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:40 am

Noel+ wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:

Thumbs up! I also keep Christmas albums on my Kindle tablet! :singing:

I have a couple of Christmas books loaded on my knock off tablet device. Now that the model of mp4 player I have is out of production. I was thinking of trying to pick up another one on ebay and loading it with christmas only stuff just like the mp3. I just love having Christmas at my fingertips!

Glad Midsummer! Just the 4th of July to go and then it´s Christmas in July!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:15 pm

That's a great idea Jennifer! All of us on the board love having Christmas on all our electronic devices. Good for you! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:23 pm

We started a new tradition today. It is Midsummer weekend, a swedish holiday that usually occurs between June 20 and 26 (Sweden celebrates on a weekend, regardless of when the solstice actually occurs). Today we started a Vido Advent Calendar. Each year, the swedish (and other scandinavian countries) produce a children´s series of 24 episodes, and show one each day between December 1 and 24. We have several on DVD, so we decided to start one at Midsummmer each year (roughly June 25) and that way we will end by or on Christmas in July! I thought the Cartoon Network had a similar feature, but I was wrong, I was thinking of Jul i November (Christmas in November). Most are very well done and alot of fun! And a sneaky way for hubby to make me practice my swedish. ;-)
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:08 am

Tomtemor wrote:We started a new tradition today. It is Midsummer weekend, a swedish holiday that usually occurs between June 20 and 26 (Sweden celebrates on a weekend, regardless of when the solstice actually occurs). Today we started a Vido Advent Calendar. Each year, the swedish (and other scandinavian countries) produce a children´s series of 24 episodes, and show one each day between December 1 and 24. We have several on DVD, so we decided to start one at Midsummmer each year (roughly June 25) and that way we will end by or on Christmas in July! I thought the Cartoon Network had a similar feature, but I was wrong, I was thinking of Jul i November (Christmas in November). Most are very well done and alot of fun! And a sneaky way for hubby to make me practice my swedish. ;-)

What a great idea - not to mention Christmasy fun! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:36 am

Good Tuesday to all my Christmas All Year friends. I feel like I haven't checked in here in forever. But I've been busy, busy, busy. Enjoying a wonderful summer with my family. Hope everyone's enjoying the summer and are getting ready for Christmas in July! :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:53 pm

CandyKane wrote:Good Tuesday to all my Christmas All Year friends. I feel like I haven't checked in here in forever. But I've been busy, busy, busy. Enjoying a wonderful summer with my family. Hope everyone's enjoying the summer and are getting ready for Christmas in July! :scene:

Yes, you've been missed CK! So glad you are enjoying your family, summertime and planning for Christmas in July! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Wow, busy day at work today. But I did manage to listen to Christmas music for a about 2 hours. :D
I hope everyone had a great day! God bless you all.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter