"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:49 pm

It's amazing how Christmas carols - family favorites - bring back memories each year. Last night I changed my desktop theme from Veteran's Day to Thanksgiving. The wallpaper is a family heart with autumn harvest items, like at a farm with the saying "Give Thanks". When the song I started, my heart was bittersweet for a moment, because it was Perry Como singing "No Place Like Home for the Holidays". I immediately missed - and remembered - my Mom & Dad and Christmas Past.

Each year my father would start the season by playing certain cds [in order[: Bing Crosby, Nat King Cole, and Perry Como. And at Thanksgiving he always played this song as we gave thanks for a home, transportation, jobs, and such a feast on the table. It is song that once brought joy --- but now brings longing for those days first. The joy remains...............and now is bookended with gratitute.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Counting today there are only 12 more days left until Christmas. That means only 12 days left until we put up our Christmas tree!! :peek: :snowtree:

CandyKane - I think you mean 12 weeks til Christmas, right? :D

Really meant days left until Thanksgiving. Guess I'm rushing Christmas again. :oops:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:46 pm

This has been a very good day. We went to church this morning. The kids have finished with their parts of the Christmas bazaar crafts. Now it's up to me to put on the finishing touches. I think we're going to set up a Christmas table and sell things from now til Christmas. :shop:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:47 pm

Next Sunday is our big Thanksgiving feast at church. :dinner: I can't wait to try some new dishes and get some inspiration for Christmas. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:15 pm

This week its time to prepare more Christmas boxes for Operation Narnia [Samaritan's Purse] at my church and national center. We are so excited!

And my church Angel tree only has a couple of children left to purchase gifts for so we hope to complete that this week also.

The true joy of Christmas is giving: just as our Father gave His Son to us that wintry night.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:45 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:
jwlundgren wrote:We have snow on the ground and the christmas curtains (swedish thing) have arrived via mail order! It's beginning to look alot like Christmas! Never mind the halloween table cloth is still on the table and the fall curtains are still up in the kitchen.

Sunday is Swedish Father's Day, so Happy Father's Day to all you guys! :snowkiss: :snowhouse: :snowball:

Did you just get the snow today? :snowwow:
That is great!!!
Christmas curtains sound lovely!
What do they look like? :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:49 am

I had written this really nice long reply about the curtains, but poof gone.

Here is the condensed version:
http://www.cellbes.se/Product/047313?so ... 232&oc=036
those are for the living room

http://www.cellbes.se/Product/039130?so ... 232&oc=036
those are for the kitchen

http://www.cellbes.se/Product/049673?so ... 661&oc=036
and last but not least, duvet covers for the bedroom. We already have red plaid curtains in there which will do for now.

We also got red curtains with snowflakes on them from tradera for 'after christmas' but still 'winter'. That should take us until april/may. ;-P The hearts and cupids are common christmas motifs as valentine's is not a big deal here.

Happy Life Day to all the Star Wars Fans! :snowkiss: :snowtree: :snowhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:22 am

I'm mailing my Sunday School classes Operation Christmas Child box today. I wish we could do more but we are just a small country church and we try and spread the money out to different projects. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:24 am

At our church we just agreed to start giving a monthly donation to an area food bank. :dinner: That's going to make it feel like Christmas all year round. :snowjump:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:27 am

While I'm at the post office today I think I'll pick up some Christmas stamps. I haven't even decided what kind of Christmas cards I'll be sending out this year. I usually send picture cards to family and close friends and more traditional cards to others. Can't wait to get dd's picture taken this week. Then I'll at least know what the picture cards are gonna look like. :angelmerry:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:31 am

I watched Moonlight and Mistletoe on the Hallmark channel Christmas marathon this weekend. joyelf

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:37 am

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Counting today there are only 12 more days left until Christmas. That means only 12 days left until we put up our Christmas tree!! :peek: :snowtree:

CandyKane - I think you mean 12 weeks til Christmas, right? :D

Really meant days left until Thanksgiving. Guess I'm rushing Christmas again. :oops:

It's okay, it happens to the best of us, and I would have to believe you are not the only person who wants Christmas to get here soon. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:40 am

Christmas pictures are back and look great, this is three years in a row, that is an all time streak for us. Getting ready for next week and the first Christmas parade of the year for our area, my littlest girl will be walking through it with her dance team. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:22 am

Just a quick note...........back to work in 6 hours! We saw the preview for the Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader yesterday. It is a Christmas release.......December 10..........and looks awesome! We're planning a themed party afterwards. YAY! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Very interesting day as our power has been off for most of it. So thankful that it finally came back on. We got some rain last night and we needed it so badly. I have some more yard cleaning to do before I put up the rest of my outdoor Christmas decorations. :merrysleigh:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:56 pm

I mailed our Operation Christmas Child box yesterday. I really hope that we get another drop off location close by because It's so expensive to have to mail the box. I picked up some Christmas stamps. The ones with the 'angel' on it. They're okay but I wish the stamps were more festive. The new forever stamps have evergreens on them and they look better than the Christmas stamps. :merrytree:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Here's a very interesting Santa website :santa:
http://santaclausoath.webs.com/
Thought I'd post it for all my Christmas friends. :santa:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Oh! I need to order my Christmas stamps! :oops:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Two Christmas packages arrived today! My siblings will be so surprised Christmas morning! It definitely put me in a holiday mood! :D :D :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:51 pm

I'm so excited. Tomorrow is our big Christmas day out. We're having our Christmas portraits made then going shopping. :shop: We've been doing this with friends for several years and it's so much fun. We usually do this on Saturday but the weekends are so busy this time of year we opted for a weekday outing. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter