1200 POSTS BY CHRISTMAS 2009

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 1200 POSTS BY CHRISTMAS 2009

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:31 pm

:dinner: We had our Christmas dinner at church today. Everything was so good. And the best part is there was so much food that everyone got to take home leftovers so I didn't have to cook supper tonight. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:34 pm

The kids really enjoyed making the Christmas birthday cards today. Then we opened our bible store so they could use their bible bucks to buy gifts for their families. They had a blast. :ornasmile:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Hubby finished up his Christmas shopping this afternoon. He's busy wrapping away. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:37 pm

I hope that everyone gets a chance to stop in this week. But if not, I wish each and everyone a Merry Christmas!! :merrysanta:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:38 pm

I have had so much fun posting on this thread this year and reading about everyones Christmas plans. It's been great spending time with old friends, and great making new ones. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:30 pm

CandyKane wrote:I have had so much fun posting on this thread this year and reading about everyones Christmas plans. It's been great spending time with old friends, and great making new ones. :smilecc:

Same here CandyKane!
It's a great place to visit and lots of wonderful Christmas friends to share our Christmas thoughts with. :merrysleigh:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:38 pm

We had hockey this afternoon and early this evening. I delivered Christmas gifts to a couple of the wee ones I take care of, and also handed some more candy cane bark out as well.
:treeclap: :treehat: :treeclap:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:02 pm

We are watching A Dennis The Menace Christmas.
DH pulled a mattress out so the kids could fall asleep while watching Christmas movies.
:scene:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:34 pm

Weird Christmas Facts:

Based on a 1999 estimated population count of North America and Europe, on Christmas Eve of that year Santa Claus had to visit 42,466,666 homes in a 12-hour period — that’s 983 homes per second.
Kris Kringel, a man in his 40s, lives in North Pole, Alaska, and delivers pizzas for a living. He drives a 1984 Ford Tempo.
A traditional Christmas dinner in early England was the head of a pig prepared with mustard.
1 in 6 men would like to get rid of all the “gift-giving nonsense.”
1 in 3 men will wait until Christmas Eve to finish their shopping.
56 percent of Americans sing holiday carols to their pets.
Christmas pudding should be stirred from east to west.
Saint Nicholas of Myra, the original Santa Claus, was the patron saint of children, thieves and pawnbrokers.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:37 pm

One of the most popular Christmas songs, “Jingle Bells” was actually written for Thanksgiving!

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:22 am

:D I came to peace today, my Mom's birthday, about all the unfinished projects for this year's Christmas. We are having a smaller, simpler, and unfinished Christmas -- but a joyous one.

Tonight we watched The Nativity Story -- such a riveting, accurate portrayal of Christs' birth -- and that refocused us deeply on the true meaning of Christmas

Hope ya'll are doing well, and celebrating Christmas. :nav2:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:46 pm

Getting ready to finish up work for today, then will spend time with the family trying to get the final touches on the house cleaning for Christmas,,,,will sit down this evening and watch a movie or something with the kids tonight. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby mistletoe misfit » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:09 pm

The children and I watched The Little Drummer Boy this morning. Then it was cleaning time and more Christmas gifts to wrap. :santagifts:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:55 pm

I went out to my parents house today to help my Mom get started on her Christmas baking and candy making.

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:57 pm

Our weather forecast has changed and no we have no chance for a White Christmas this year. :cry: Oh well, I guess I can start dreaming about next year. :flake: :snowman1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:01 pm

Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday so I gave her the gift I got her today. The fruitcake I ordered from Swiss Colony. It's so hard buying gifts for birthdays so close to Christmas. Mom enjoyed a slice of fruitcake with a big glass of eggnog. Dd got her first taste of both and while she didn't like the fruitcake at all, she loved the eggnong. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:58 pm

Hubby still has one more job to do before Christmas...Put dd's new wagon together. I'm going to put it under her special tree and fill it with the gifts from Santa. :santa:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:01 pm

I had almost forgotten about the special plate and bowl that we bought last year to put Santa's special treats in. The plate is for cookies and peanut butter cups and the bowl is for feed for the reindeer. Dd's Santa letter will be in this weeks Christmas edition of our newspaper. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:04 pm

Tonight I made us a huge bowl of banana pudding. And since I still had bananas left over I decided to make a couple loaves of banana bread. Thought I would keep one for us and give the other away as a Christmas gift. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:06 pm

Several of our local churches have been giving away big bags of groceries to help people out this Christmas. I talked to a man today who said he had gotten one of those bags, and how grateful that he and his family were for it. It was a wonderful reminder of the true Spirit of Christmas. :rabstar:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter