"CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: "CHRISTMAS" Thread - 1500

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Sounds like fun CandyKane!

Two more packages for Christmas gifts arrived today - including Cheryl's cookies! The pumpkin spice iced ones - yum!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:10 pm

Just got an emal from Amazon.com that 2 more gifts just shipped to us. Christmas gift-wrapping this weekend! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:12 pm

Watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving tonight with the kids, now I am ready for all the Christmas specials, hope everyone has a good Friday. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Had the best day yesterday. We had our family portraits made, went Christmas shopping, and even got in a visit with HoHo(Santa). Could not have had a better time!! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:39 pm

I went shopping today and picked up the last of the Thanksgiving groceries. We are having our Thanksgiving dinner at church this Sunday. I am so ready for some good Thanksgiving turkey and some Christmas ham. :dinner: Yum! :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:40 pm

I bought myself a Christmas gift yesterday. Some new cartridges for my Cricut Expressions machine. :santa: :elf:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Tomorrow we'll be working on our outdoor Christmas decorations. I really hope everythings finished in time to turn them on Thanksgiving night. :gbhouse:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:49 pm

Anyone Black Friday shopping?? I think I'll go out to a couple of stores but I plan on doing the majority of my Christmas bargain hunting online. :elfgrin: :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:27 am

CandyKane wrote:Tomorrow we'll be working on our outdoor Christmas decorations. I really hope everythings finished in time to turn them on Thanksgiving night. :gbhouse:

Isn't that the best way to start Christmas celebrating? :gbhouse: :gbhouse:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:28 am

CandyKane wrote:Anyone Black Friday shopping?? I think I'll go out to a couple of stores but I plan on doing the majority of my Christmas bargain hunting online. :elfgrin: :shop:

NO! I'm an online shopper now! Best selection of gifts without the hassle and better prices. My Christmas shopping is done! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:03 am

I don't do much online Christmas shopping. Some places here offer free shipping if you spend over a certain amount, but some charge crazy amounts that I just can't afford. I have been saving for a long time to get my DH a certain really nice gift. It would be easier if I could have it shipped, but the extra $90 they would charge me I need for Christmas. Oh, well i enjoy shopping. It is just trying to find the time. Today definitely no time, we leave for DD8 hockey game at 9 and then after travel 3 hours for our sons hockey game, probably wont get back home until 8 tonight. Have a great day everyone! :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Only 35 days left until Christmas!! Yay!!! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Usually I have my Christmas cards ready to mail out the day after Thanksgiving and this year I haven't even started on them yet. I need to take one whole day to work on nothing but Christmas stuff. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Spent today just relaxing,,,,,watching Christmas movies and planning everything that has to be done this week.

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:31 am

CandyKane wrote:Usually I have my Christmas cards ready to mail out the day after Thanksgiving and this year I haven't even started on them yet. I need to take one whole day to work on nothing but Christmas stuff. :D

:oops: Me either CK. AND I need Christmas stamps. I'm taking on extra work schedules to help provide a Christmas, but I'm way behind schedule on everything. :oops:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:31 am

ksrjreed wrote:Spent today just relaxing,,,,,watching Christmas movies and planning everything that has to be done this week.

:lol: :lol: Fabulous - and I'm so jealous of your Christmas movie day! :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:13 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am very excited to be back chatting with everyone! I can't believe the holidays are so close now. This is my absolute favorite time of year!!! It is only 25 degrees out tonight!! Peace and love to all.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:49 am

Happy Thanksgiving USA! I've been looking for a Thanksgiving Worship Service to watch online (American or Canadian). If your church puts up it worship services, please let me know privately if you don't want to post the website. I think I miss being in the USA at Thankgiving more than Christmas. We made a big deal out of Swedish Thanksgiving this year since we knew we would be occupied over the American one. When we return from the SCA event it will be the First Sunday of Advent, the Beginning of the Christmas season! Time to put up the curtains, put the lights in the windows, and begin lighting the Advent candles. Swedes across the land light candles, but out tradition rather than religious significance, and strangely enough, the lights in the windows strangely resemble menorahs. It is interesting to see what traditions have survived over the years. :snowhouse: :thanks: :snowkiss:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:19 am

Welcome back to Christmas All Year kiwidogy! I can't believe American Thanksgiving is only 4 days away. :scene:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:23 am

I am sorry that I don't know of any online Thanksgiving services jwlundgren. Hopefully one of our wonderful Christmas All Year friends here will know of a site. Good Luck!
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter