CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:26 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky's new job is going well. It is certainly a cultural adjustment. The staff have made him feel at home. He will be teaching woodworking, sewing, and heraldry. The last in conjunction with the art teacher. The age range is 1-5. His classes will be with the 4-5 year olds. He is still figuring out exactly what that means. Several family members are in early childhood and other friends have offered suggestions and directions. While I envision "woodworking" as making things, one friend said for that age group it means building towers with blocks and elementary physics (ramps, pullies, etc). He will be "in charge" on Fridays as the director takes off since she works 10-12 hrs per day mon-thurs. It is certainly a new Christmas adventure.

So great to read Perky's experience is a positive one. The classes he teaches sound like a fun way to bond with his students! What a great Christmas adventure! :)

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:13 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky's new job is going well. It is certainly a cultural adjustment. The staff have made him feel at home. He will be teaching woodworking, sewing, and heraldry. The last in conjunction with the art teacher. The age range is 1-5. His classes will be with the 4-5 year olds. He is still figuring out exactly what that means. Several family members are in early childhood and other friends have offered suggestions and directions. While I envision "woodworking" as making things, one friend said for that age group it means building towers with blocks and elementary physics (ramps, pullies, etc). He will be "in charge" on Fridays as the director takes off since she works 10-12 hrs per day mon-thurs. It is certainly a new Christmas adventure.

So great to read Perky's experience is a positive one. The classes he teaches sound like a fun way to bond with his students! What a great Christmas adventure! :)

As we never had kids (tough when you marry [again] at age 42 and 47), I hope this is an outlet for the qualities I see in him that would have made him an excellent father. Crying Christmas tears now. :roll: :gbhouse:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:38 am

:cry: :cry: Christmas tears for your sensitive heart towards Perky & his fulfillment. This way Perky will touch the lives of more children than most parents.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:53 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-tWyWKSu5Q

Here is a video from one church that had a Christmas in August VBS. Looks like they had a blast!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:40 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOUUh92fhdA

having worked in retail first at Hallmark for 6 years then 2 years at Family Christian Stores I can attest to both the joy and frustration of the Christmas season.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:18 am

I hope his new job is Christmas fun and fulfilling.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:22 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOUUh92fhdA

having worked in retail first at Hallmark for 6 years then 2 years at Family Christian Stores I can attest to both the joy and frustration of the Christmas season.

Now that I figured out how to add a signature. How do I make it as pretty as a store wrapped Christmas package? :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:02 pm

Had a nice surprise when I got home. I had ordered a CD of Hawaiian Christmas Music for Christmas in July and it came today!
Not sure how authentic it is as the Writing is in french. LOL
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:54 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-tWyWKSu5Q

Here is a video from one church that had a Christmas in August VBS. Looks like they had a blast!

Great Christmas fun! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:55 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Had a nice surprise when I got home. I had ordered a CD of Hawaiian Christmas Music for Christmas in July and it came today!
Not sure how authentic it is as the Writing is in french. LOL

Perfect for Christmas in August discovery. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:48 am

Merry Christmas Thursday! Today is the first official day of registration and all is quiet on the western front. I cannot believe the difference from last year. I asked my boss what has made the difference........are we missing something?? Few students with problems, most easily solved.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:01 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Christmas Thursday! Today is the first official day of registration and all is quiet on the western front. I cannot believe the difference from last year. I asked my boss what has made the difference........are we missing something?? Few students with problems, most easily solved.

:shop: WOO HOO! Talk about Christmas answered prayers! This definitely is s thankful Thursday!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:04 am

Singing Winter Wonderland at 3am & 99F. This week its supposed to be 124F plus. Christmas weather please jurry'

Thinking Snow...SNOW!!! :snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:49 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Christmas Thursday! Today is the first official day of registration and all is quiet on the western front. I cannot believe the difference from last year. I asked my boss what has made the difference........are we missing something?? Few students with problems, most easily solved.

That's Christmas Crazy! You can't have registration without major issues. That's not normal.
But it sure is a blessing.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:50 am

Noel+ wrote:Singing Winter Wonderland at 3am & 99F. This week its supposed to be 124F plus. Christmas weather please jurry'

Sending Christmas Cool thoughts your way. Thank God for A/C!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:13 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:

That's Christmas Crazy! You can't have registration without major issues. That's not normal.

No, it is a new experience. and my motarbetare (Swedish for "against" worker, lovely concept) is out sick. I keep wondering if it is Christmas and I missed it. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:52 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Singing Winter Wonderland at 3am & 99F. This week its supposed to be 124F plus. Christmas weather please jurry'

Sending Christmas Cool thoughts your way. Thank God for A/C!

AMEN & and Christmas joy! Love the graphic --- thanks CC. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:54 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

No, it is a new experience. and my motarbetare (Swedish for "against" worker, lovely concept) is out sick. I keep wondering if it is Christmas and I missed it. :scene:

:lol: If you missed Christmas then we all did! And we just celebrated Christmas in July. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:58 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

:lol: If you missed Christmas then we all did! And we just celebrated Christmas in July. :wink:

According to my calculations, we still have 134 days till Christmas.
We did not miss it.
Wheeeewwww!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:01 pm

We now have 1200 posts!!!
Christmas Joy!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter