CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:32 am

Feeling Christmas sentimental for 'home'............Indiana.

John Williams: Somewhere in My Memory from Home Alone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kHH6LJpEbQ

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:34 am

Another Chrsitmas favorite from Polar Express.

When Christmas Comes to Town
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtszN3TkQsI

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:37 pm

Noel+ wrote:Chistmas trivia fnn-fact:

The Christmas Stocking got its start when three unmarried girls did their laundry and hung their stockings on the chimney to dry. They couldn’t marry, they had no dowry. But St. Nicholas, who knew of their plight, put a sack of gold in each stocking and in the morning the girls awoke to discover they had dowry’s. They could marry.

I love the story of St. Nicholas and Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Noel+ wrote:Feeling Christmas sentimental for 'home'............Indiana.

John Williams: Somewhere in My Memory from Home Alone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kHH6LJpEbQ

A favorite Christmas song of mine.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:44 pm

Noel+ wrote:Another Chrsitmas favorite from Polar Express.

When Christmas Comes to Town
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtszN3TkQsI

Another favorite Christmas song of mine.
Wait! They all might be my favorite.
:lol:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:32 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:What song was the last "classic" Christmas song to come out?
Classic: A song that will last for generations.

How did I miss knowing the answer to a Christmas carol? Please tell :whistle: me........... :oops:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Christingle means 'Christ Light'.

Many years ago, children were asked to take a gift to put beside the crib in Church. A certain family were poor but wanted to take something so they found an orange which but were disappointed to find it was going moldy. However, they took out the bad parts and put a candle in the top and turn it into a lantern.

One boy tied a red ribbon and tied it around the middle. They then fastened it with four small sticks, on the ends of which they put a few currents.

They took their lantern to church. The priest thought this was a lovely gift and told the congregation how special it was for several reasons: the orange is as round as the world, the candle gives light in the dark like the love of God, the red ribbon goes around the world symbolizing the blood Jesus shed when he died for us, the 4 sticks point in all 4 directions and the fruit represent the fruits of the earth.

Have you ever made one?

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:08 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:What song was the last "classic" Christmas song to come out?

How did I miss knowing the answer to a Christmas carol? Please tell :whistle: me........... :oops:

I don't know the answer either. Not sure if there is a "correct" answer. It was just something I was thinking about the other day. Do we have any good song writers anymore? Can anyone pen a Christmas carol today that will last 100 years?
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:28 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

I don't know the answer either. Not sure if there is a "correct" answer. It was just something I was thinking about the other day. Do we have any good song writers anymore? Can anyone pen a Christmas carol today that will last 100 years?

Well my last favorite was Mary Did You Know sung by Kathy Mates. To me it's now a classic. So there are talented writers. We just need them to write new carols/hymns!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:09 am

Just home from work. Jolly sent me a message saying she & Perky are fine. Registration is super-busy for her & Perky is adapting well to his new position.l Hopefully she can find a moment to update CAY; until then we look forward to her return in September! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:12 am

Before my sleepy head hits the pillow, I wanted to wish my Christmas friends a blessed Thursday.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:31 am

Greetings Christmas friends! Wow, it's nice to be missed. LIfe has just been busy. August for univ admins is super Christmas crazy. Perky is adapting to his new job fairly well. He has his first interaction with the kids on Friday (wow, is that tomorrow?) for "cinema time". He is the AV guy. He will be teaching woodworking, sewing, and heraldry as part of his teaching duties as well as be the all around admin (think Radar on Mash). He likes the director, seems to get along well with the staff. He is the only male on staff except for one temporary worker. He had a work conference on Monday with all the schools in the same organization and he said there were only about 10 men there including the presenter. But, he is a jolly kind of guy. He had a drs appointment and they were thrilled with the new job as he will have lots of moving around (he got a little hefty on unemployment) as well as getting a nutritional lunch at a preschool. Now, I just need to clean up our home eating habits. It is just hard after a long days work. I am sure everyone falls in the trap of quick over healthy at times. But, all in all, we are blessed. We are going to Norrkoping, about 2 hours away by train, on Friday for an outing to see a NASA exhibit. It will be hotter than we would like, not like Christmas at all.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:09 pm

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!!!
Be blessed my friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:11 pm

Perky just asked if he could wear his Christmas in July Santa shirt on our weekend trip.............shaking head. He said it is light and comfortable. Good thing we won't see anybody we know.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:36 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky just asked if he could wear his Christmas in July Santa shirt on our weekend trip.............shaking head. He said it is light and comfortable. Good thing we won't see anybody we know.

Wear it with Christmas pride!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky just asked if he could wear his Christmas in July Santa shirt on our weekend trip.............shaking head. He said it is light and comfortable. Good thing we won't see anybody we know.

and Christmas joy! Perky & you are too Christmas cute. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:14 am

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

and Christmas joy! Perky & you are too Christmas cute. :D

with the heatwave still in force, if anyone says anything (which Swedes would never do). I told him to say "Wishful thnking". We could also say we are on our way back from Tomteland Santa's Swedish Christmas home. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:50 am

Here at 'lunch' at work we watched a tribute to a fallen US Navy Seal Michael Murphy. Its a little over an hour long & well worth the time: Murph, the Protector. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I've read Marcus Luttrel's book and seen the movie Lone Survivor. This is more documentary style with family & friends. I cred.......often.

I highly recommend this tribute!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:51 am

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:10 am

Christmas Crazy

Here is the link to the complete 2014 TSO performance! ENJOY :D

[url]Trans-Siberian Orchestra Complete show Multi-cam Boston MA 12/20/2014 TSO
by squintyt4e[/url]

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter