CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:44 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Today I had a wonderful visit with my brother. He stopped before going to the airport to travel to San Antonio. Then in 6 days he's flying to Washington for a weeks vacation there & in Canada. He has lost 84 lbs, exercised til he's lean & mean, and looks fabulous. Just the Christmas inspiration I needed today. :D :D :D

Wow, I wish we were still in SA to welcome him. Wishing him all the Chrismtas best.

This morning he's bragging about the fabulous food in San Antonio's. He's definitely Christmas happy. Thanks tor the good wishes Jolly. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:47 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Wow!!! :snowwow:

Noel, Jolly O'Leary, CandyKane, mistletoe misfit, and Christmas Crazy all show up on the same day at CAY. Santa must have sent out an all hands on deck order.
We're still missing a few, but I sure am glad to see everyone here.

:smilecc:

Come to Think of it we have not Heard from Kiwidoggy in a while. I hope he is having a good Christmas time.

Yes I miss Kiwidogy too. His last post was a while ago. Hope he's Christmas happy too.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:49 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Saw something about QVC having a promotion on August 25 for Christmas in August. I have long lost track of my friend I SA who used to take Christmas in July off to watch QVC. I wonder if she will be sitting on the couch in front of the tv tomorrow thinking cool Christmas thoughts.

I will definitely be glued to QVC tomorrow for all the Christmas fun available! :shop:

I don't think we are having much of a celebration. WE barely said Merry Christmas to each other this morning. It is Perky's first day as a classroom assistant and registration issues continue to take up my days. I was dreaming about taking off a couple of hours early to go home and really make a nice dinner, but not gonna happen. I might try to catch of bit of QVC online while doing the dishes and when I go to bed. Ironically, the prefekt is off today and tomorrow. I wonder if she is somewhere celebrating Christmas in August. :scene:

MERRY CHRISTMAS IN AUGUST Jolly' :smilecc:

Merry Christmas in August to all my Christmas friends!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:51 am

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:53 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:For your Christmas in August viewing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YOkGog-m8U

I thought Ray Stevens was one of those "disgusting" comedians, so I almost did not click on it. Either this is mild because it is Christmas, or I have him mixed up with someone else. This part at least is Christmas cute. I will preview the other parts before posting.

Before going to work these are a perfect start to a busy Christmas in August day! They called me in so no QVC today. Thanks for the cheer.
:scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:54 am

!
Jolly O'Leary wrote:For your Christmas in August Viewing pleasure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVQhH-uWvqE

hilarious. made my Christmas day!

:P Too Christmas cute!!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:00 am

I thought Ray Stevens was one of those "disgusting" comedians, so I almost did not click on it. Either this is mild because it is Christmas, or I have him mixed up with someone else. This part at least is Christmas cute. I will preview the other parts before posting.

Oh no my Christmas friend. Ray Stevens is a clean and very humorous comedian as well as a good singer. I've seen him in concert twice. He puts on a very entertaining show. I believe his most famous song was "The Streak". But my favorite is "The Mississippi Squirrel". I look forward to watching your link when I get home tonight. Thanks for posting it.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:04 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Today I had a wonderful visit with my brother. He stopped before going to the airport to travel to San Antonio. Then in 6 days he's flying to Washington for a weeks vacation there & in Canada. He has lost 84 lbs, exercised til he's lean & mean, and looks fabulous. Just the Christmas inspiration I needed today. :D :D :D

Wow, I wish we were still in SA to welcome him. Wishing him all the Chrismtas best.

Oh how I wish I were in SA at the River Walk. Maybe some day. Maybe some day around Christmas time.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:12 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Oh how I wish I were in SA at the River Walk. Maybe some day. Maybe some day around Christmas time.

The pictures of the River Walk at Christmas are beautiful! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:20 am

Noel+ wrote:

Before going to work these are a perfect start to a busy Christmas in August day! They called me in so no QVC today. Thanks for the cheer.

So sorry you won't get to watch Christmas in August QVC. I was just thinking of cutting out eary so I can watch a bit while cooking dinner.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:31 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... es#Bonanza

There is a handy list of all TV Christmas eps. I see a lot of YouTube in my future.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:33 am

Enjoying a cool, crisp 50 degree morning here. This never happens in August. Really makes for some great sleeping weather. :sleephat: I've really put a lot of thought into my dd's elf on a shelf this year. Sis named her Sparkle and she'll be making her grand reappearance on Thanksgiving night. This year I thought Sparkle could bring small gifts with her. Card games, little toys, etc. This morning I ordered a melting snowman kit. I thought it would be cute with a sign that says 'Let's build a snowman'. I also bought an American Girl doll school book. I thought it would be cute if Sis woke up with Sparkle teaching one of her dolls. She might even bring her new school supplies direct from the North Pole. These are just a few ideas. I am open to suggestions. :D :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:40 am

CandyKane wrote:Enjoying a cool, crisp 50 degree morning here. This never happens in August. Really makes for some great sleeping weather. :sleephat: I've really put a lot of thought into my dd's elf on a shelf this year. Sis named her Sparkle and she'll be making her grand reappearance on Thanksgiving night. This year I thought Sparkle could bring small gifts with her. Card games, little toys, etc. This morning I ordered a melting snowman kit. I thought it would be cute with a sign that says 'Let's build a snowman'. I also bought an American Girl doll school book. I thought it would be cute if Sis woke up with Sparkle teaching one of her dolls. She might even bring her new school supplies direct from the North Pole. These are just a few ideas. I am open to suggestions. :D :smilecc:

My cousin does Elf on the Shelf and my aunt has one at her house too to keep the grandkids in line. Frankly, I don't know how the parents do it. I could never come up with new ideas every year. I would imagine by now there are websites with lots of good Christmas suggestions. :smilecc: :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:42 am

http://www.elfontheshelf.com/content/reindeer-tradition

That is too Christmas cute! I want a reindeer for Rudolph Day!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:06 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:

Enjoy the Christmas fun Jolly! :D

So sorry you won't get to watch Christmas in August QVC. I was just thinking of cutting out eary so I can watch a bit while cooking dinner.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:08 am

CandyKane wrote:Enjoying a cool, crisp 50 degree morning here. This never happens in August. Really makes for some great sleeping weather. :sleephat: I've really put a lot of thought into my dd's elf on a shelf this year. Sis named her Sparkle and she'll be making her grand reappearance on Thanksgiving night. This year I thought Sparkle could bring small gifts with her. Card games, little toys, etc. This morning I ordered a melting snowman kit. I thought it would be cute with a sign that says 'Let's build a snowman'. I also bought an American Girl doll school book. I thought it would be cute if Sis woke up with Sparkle teaching one of her dolls. She might even bring her new school supplies direct from the North Pole. These are just a few ideas. I am open to suggestions. :D :smilecc:

:holly1: You are such a creative Christmas elf Candycane! I love your idea of the Elf teaching her dolls. What a Christmas memory for your precious daughter! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:09 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.elfontheshelf.com/content/reindeer-tradition

Me too Jolly. Time for rounds........the tablet in locker........have a great Christmas day! :P

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:28 am

A 4 months til Christmas surprise! The nurse scheduled showed up for work so I am home-bound for a nap! :sleephat:

Jolly here's your reindeer!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:54 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.elfontheshelf.com/content/reindeer-tradition

I would consider the app if it is something you can do each month. I am definitely too Christmas busy for something every day. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:12 pm

Last edited by Christmas Crazy on Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter