CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfjjLYpe2xo

for your Christmas in August listening pleasure:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:07 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfjjLYpe2xo

for your Christmas in August listening pleasure:

:holly1: Thanks for the Christmas tunes.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:15 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:For your Christmas in August viewing pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YOkGog-m8U

I thought Ray Stevens was one of those "disgusting" comedians, so I almost did not click on it. Either this is mild because it is Christmas, or I have him mixed up with someone else. This part at least is Christmas cute. I will preview the other parts before posting.

Oh no my Christmas friend. Ray Stevens is a clean and very humorous comedian as well as a good singer. I've seen him in concert twice. He puts on a very entertaining show. I believe his most famous song was "The Streak". But my favorite is "The Mississippi Squirrel". I look forward to watching your link when I get home tonight. Thanks for posting it.

I remember The Streak. Yes, I found the videos very Christmas entertaining. There are a lot of web episodes so enjoy! The videos reminded me of what good variety shows used to be like, you can find the Christmas episodes of some of them on YouTube.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:19 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Today I had a wonderful visit with my brother. He stopped before going to the airport to travel to San Antonio. Then in 6 days he's flying to Washington for a weeks vacation there & in Canada. He has lost 84 lbs, exercised til he's lean & mean, and looks fabulous. Just the Christmas inspiration I needed today. :D :D :D

Wow, I wish we were still in SA to welcome him. Wishing him all the Chrismtas best.

Oh how I wish I were in SA at the River Walk. Maybe some day. Maybe some day around Christmas time.

We were in San Antonio at the beginning of December and went to the River Walk for the Christmas light up. By the time it was actually "time" we had had enough and went to our hotel a bit away from the action. The way to do it is to suck it up and pay premium price for one of the hotels right in the middle of the action so you can watch it from your balcony. After two weeks I was ready to come "home" to Stockholm, after three weeks, I did not want to leave San Antonio. The heat, though , is definitely a drawback. I recently found a long lost friend on facebook. He settled in Arizona and I was surprised to see that they were only in the 80's yesterday while it was 97F in SA. We were 59F this morning. Could it be that Christmas I on the way? :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:33 am

Perky said yesterday that he had playground duty for about an hour and a half. He tried to do hula hoop (said he made one and a half hoops. I could not even do one even when young). Then he said he played hockey with 4 of them. I told him his dr would be proud. Pretty soon he will be back to his "svelte" (think "thin" Santa) self, maybe in time for Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:59 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky said yesterday that he had playground duty for about an hour and a half. He tried to do hula hoop (said he made one and a half hoops. I could not even do one even when young). Then he said he played hockey with 4 of them. I told him his dr would be proud. Pretty soon he will be back to his "svelte" (think "thin" Santa) self, maybe in time for Christmas.

:D Good for Perky! Glad he's having Christmas fun with the kiddos.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:01 am

Woke up this morning at 3am craving Hoosier pie! Thar's a huge no-no for diabetics...and no Christmas fun.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:53 am

Noel+ wrote:Woke up this morning at 3am craving Hoosier pie! Thar's a huge no-no for diabetics...and no Christmas fun.

Dare I ask what Hoosier pie is? Maybe it will make a good Christmas dessert. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:08 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

I thought Ray Stevens was one of those "disgusting" comedians, so I almost did not click on it. Either this is mild because it is Christmas, or I have him mixed up with someone else. This part at least is Christmas cute. I will preview the other parts before posting.

Oh no my Christmas friend. Ray Stevens is a clean and very humorous comedian as well as a good singer. I've seen him in concert twice. He puts on a very entertaining show. I believe his most famous song was "The Streak". But my favorite is "The Mississippi Squirrel". I look forward to watching your link when I get home tonight. Thanks for posting it.

I remember The Streak. Yes, I found the videos very Christmas entertaining. There are a lot of web episodes so enjoy! The videos reminded me of what good variety shows used to be like, you can find the Christmas episodes of some of them on YouTube.

I watched a couple of the videos last night also. A Christmas one and the one about the Mississippi Squirrel. Fun!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:11 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Today I had a wonderful visit with my brother. He stopped before going to the airport to travel to San Antonio. Then in 6 days he's flying to Washington for a weeks vacation there & in Canada. He has lost 84 lbs, exercised til he's lean & mean, and looks fabulous. Just the Christmas inspiration I needed today. :D :D :D

Wow, I wish we were still in SA to welcome him. Wishing him all the Chrismtas best.

Oh how I wish I were in SA at the River Walk. Maybe some day. Maybe some day around Christmas time.

We were in San Antonio at the beginning of December and went to the River Walk for the Christmas light up. By the time it was actually "time" we had had enough and went to our hotel a bit away from the action. The way to do it is to suck it up and pay premium price for one of the hotels right in the middle of the action so you can watch it from your balcony. After two weeks I was ready to come "home" to Stockholm, after three weeks, I did not want to leave San Antonio. The heat, though , is definitely a drawback. I recently found a long lost friend on facebook. He settled in Arizona and I was surprised to see that they were only in the 80's yesterday while it was 97F in SA. We were 59F this morning. Could it be that Christmas I on the way? :snowwow:

It is 60F this morning. It's the first time we have been below 70F since June. I love it. Feels like Fall. Which comes just before Chirstmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:13 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Noel+ wrote:Woke up this morning at 3am craving Hoosier pie! Thar's a huge no-no for diabetics...and no Christmas fun.

Dare I ask what Hoosier pie is? Maybe it will make a good Christmas dessert. :dinner:

Hoosier Pie is Sugar Cream Pie. Yummmmmm.
Yes, it would make a wonderful Christmas dessert.

:dinner:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:14 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Perky said yesterday that he had playground duty for about an hour and a half. He tried to do hula hoop (said he made one and a half hoops. I could not even do one even when young). Then he said he played hockey with 4 of them. I told him his dr would be proud. Pretty soon he will be back to his "svelte" (think "thin" Santa) self, maybe in time for Christmas.

Well then, he should be easy to buy for this Christmas. He'll need all new clothes that fit. :smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:58 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

:dinner: Sure! Hoosier Pie is the state pie of Indiana [hence Hoosier! :wink: ]. It was a favorite of mine as a child......no wonder diabetes runs in my family! he he he. It's combined of Midwest favorites: cream, butter, sugar & more sugar. Variations include some brown sugar but traditional recipes call for white sugar only.

Per Hoosier magazine: from Amish and Shaker communities that settled in Indiana in the 1800s, this "desperation pie"—a category that refers to pies made when fresh fruit wasn't available or money was short—is as simple as it is delicious.

This is my Gramma's original recipe: simple & yummy

"Hoosier Pie" or
INDIANA SUGAR CREAM PIE

Half recipe of flaky butter pie dough [any one]
1 cup sugar
1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup half-and-half
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Freshly grated nutmeg, to garnish

Instructions
Heat the oven to 375°. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Fit the dough circle into a 9-inch pie plate, trim the edges, and crimp as desired. Using a fork, prick the dough all over, and then chill for 30 minutes.
Line the dough with a sheet of parchment paper and fill the pie dish with pie weights or dried beans. Bake until the crust begins to turn brown at the edge, about 15 minutes.
Transfer the pie dish to a rack, and remove the paper and weights.

In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar with the flour, and then stir in the half-and-half, cream, and vanilla. Pour the cream into the pie crust, and bake until the filling is lightly set but jiggles when tapped on the side, Remove and sprinkle more sugar to taste on top. 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Transfer the pie to a rack and let cool completely. Grate nutmeg over the top just before serving.

Hope you love it as much as I do. It was a Christmas dinner favorite!!! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:02 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

I watched a couple of the videos last night also. A Christmas one and the one about the Mississippi Squirrel. Fun!

:lol: So did I Christmas Creazy! I saw your recommendation yesterday and had not seen the squirrel one. He's always so funny! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:03 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:

Well then, he should be easy to buy for this Christmas. He'll need all new clothes that fit. :smilecc:

:holly1: Wish that was my Christmas list -- one size smaller clothes please. Not while I eat Christmas favorites! :lol: :lol:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:06 am

Well I am longing for Autumn weather, scents & sounds!! :peekleaves2: The forecast for Phoenix this weekend is 110!! :| :x

So I changed my desktop wallpaper & created a new signature tag for September. No matter what the thermostat says here its going to be Autumn in my heart! :leafjump:

And then comes Christmas :scene: decorating!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:08 am

Feeling a little Christmas wistful this morning. Enjoy a little snow & lights!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNlRhncDyh8 :snowwow: :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:09 am

A little Shakin Stevens Christmas fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwSCiUfgNic :flake: :flake:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:12 am

Children singing about our Baby Christ Child!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeRrAzapOQ0

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:13 am

Another milestone marker: 1380 posts!!! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter