CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Pretjah » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:16 am

howdy yall

man this morning had a definite fall feeling in the air

i was shivering riding the motorcycle to work this morning.

really got me in a holiday mode getting that feeling
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:22 am

Pretjah wrote:howdy yall

59F in Stockholm. Days still warm (hot) but the weather people keep promising a change. I thought the leaves changed because of cooler temps, but the ex who is a master gardener shattered my illusion and said no, it is because of increasing darkness. Afterall, the sun comes up at "only" 4:30 a.m. now. Soon we will be in the eternal darkness and then it's almost time for Christmas!

Ok, I need some advice. Tact is not my strong point and I cannot ask on facebook because the people involved are there. So, here is my question. We invited some friends from England for Christmas. They said "oh, that sounds fun or oh, that's a good idea" but no definite, "Oh yes, we'd love to come and will arrive on........". So, my question is: when is it polite to ask them if they have decided yet? Perky only has a limited number of days off in his new job and we still have some renovations to finish on the new apartment. We do not want to assume they are not coming, but need to know if we also need to "get out butt in gear" and not have them arrive on the doorstep on December 24 just in time for Christmas smorgasbord. :dinner:

Suggestions?
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:24 am

Hi Pretjah!

How wonderful your trek into work was this morning. A chill in the air means snow in a few months for Christmas! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:26 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

59F in Stockholm. Days still warm (hot) but the weather people keep promising a change. I thought the leaves changed because of cooler temps, but the ex who is a master gardener shattered my illusion and said no, it is because of increasing darkness. Afterall, the sun comes up at "only" 4:30 a.m. now. Soon we will be in the eternal darkness and then it's almost time for Christmas!

Ok, I need some advice. Tact is not my strong point and I cannot ask on facebook because the people involved are there. So, here is my question. We invited some friends from England for Christmas. They said "oh, that sounds fun or oh, that's a good idea" but no definite, "Oh yes, we'd love to come and will arrive on........". So, my question is: when is it polite to ask them if they have decided yet? Perky only has a limited number of days off in his new job and we still have some renovations to finish on the new apartment. We do not want to assume they are not coming, but need to know if we also need to "get out butt in gear" and not have them arrive on the doorstep on December 24 just in time for Christmas smorgasbord. :dinner:

Suggestions?

Jolly,

I believe in a gentle direct approach. Email them & tell them you want to besure Perky has his vacation days scheduled for their Christmas visit. Ask for confirmation. That's a compliment [you want their company] with a request for verification. Hope that is helpful..........let's see what Christmas Crazy suggests too.

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:41 am

As soon as I felt that chilly air this morning, my mind said I needed to start preparing for Fall projects. (Staining the deck and fence, cutting back tree limbs, burning the scrap wood pile, cleaning out the landscaping, closing the pool, cleaning out the garage, waxing the cars) By the time I get all that done, it'll be Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:44 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:

As soon as I felt that chilly air this morning, my mind said I needed to start preparing for Fall projects. (Staining the deck and fence, cutting back tree limbs, burning the scrap wood pile, cleaning out the landscaping, closing the pool, cleaning out the garage, waxing the cars) By the time I get all that done, it'll be Christmas.

I'm as tired as Santa on Christmas morning just reading it.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:48 am

Christmas exhausted! You're a brave man CC. :sleephat:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:11 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Suggestions?

Jolly,

I believe in a gentle direct approach. Email them & tell them you want to besure Perky has his vacation days scheduled for their Christmas visit. Ask for confirmation. That's a compliment [you want their company] with a request for verification. Hope that is helpful..........let's see what Christmas Crazy suggests too.

That's the same way I would approach it Noel. Let them know they're wanted, but you need to nail down Perky's vacation days to coincide with their arrival. You may also want to give them an "out". Saying something like "If it doesn't look like you will be able to make it this year, maybe we can get together another time soon." That way if they are feeling bad that they cannot come, it will give them a comfortable way out.
I hope this helps Christmas friend.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:24 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Suggestions?

Jolly,

That's the same way I would approach it Noel. Let them know they're wanted, but you need to nail down Perky's vacation days to coincide with their arrival. You may also want to give them an "out". Saying something like "If it doesn't look like you will be able to make it this year, maybe we can get together another time soon." That way if they are feeling bad that they cannot come, it will give them a comfortable way out.
I hope this helps Christmas friend.

Wise words Christmas Crazy. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:29 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:

It's funny how the weather has such an effect on us. Chilly weather always gets my mind racing ahead to Christmas. :snowdeer:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:34 am

Another beautiful, cool morning here. And it's been a really productive morning for me. I can't claim any great accomplishments but I've taken care of lots of little odds and ends I'm glad to have out of my way. joyelf Now onto some housework. I put on a Christmas movie. I can't sit and watch it but every now and then I can catch a glimpse of its Christmasy goodness. :elfgrin:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:52 am

CandyKane wrote:Another beautiful, cool morning here. And it's been a really productive morning for me. I can't claim any great accomplishments but I've taken care of lots of little odds and ends I'm glad to have out of my way. joyelf Now onto some housework. I put on a Christmas movie. I can't sit and watch it but every now and then I can catch a glimpse of its Christmasy goodness. :elfgrin:

That's what I'm doing right now CandyKane! Polar Express is playing and I sing along as I dust/scrub! Great Christmas minds think alike! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:53 am

National Dog Day

Date When Celebrated: Always August 26th

National Dog Day has two goals: to honor Dogs, and to rescue Dogs from homelessness and abuse. It's an opportunity for us to recognize and appreciate the value and importance of Dogs in our lives.

This day is intended to honor Dogs for all that they do for us. In addition to giving love and companionship, Dogs help us out in countless ways. They are watchdogs for our safety. They lead the blind. Dogs aid in search and rescue, and they seek out bombs and drugs.

The second goal of National Dog Day is to rescue Dogs in need. On occasion, Dogs need us to save them from homelessness and abuse. The goal of the National Dog Day Foundation is to rescue 10,000 Dogs a year. Lend a hand to help a Dog in need today, or any day.

Origin of National Dog Day:

National Dog Day was created by the National Dog Day Foundation. Their motto is "Saving 10,000 Dogs - One Day at a Time".

President George W. Bush, a Dog owner himself, sent a letter to the foundation in support of National Dog Day.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:34 pm

CandyKane wrote:Another beautiful, cool morning here. And it's been a really productive morning for me. I can't claim any great accomplishments but I've taken care of lots of little odds and ends I'm glad to have out of my way. joyelf Now onto some housework. I put on a Christmas movie. I can't sit and watch it but every now and then I can catch a glimpse of its Christmasy goodness. :elfgrin:

Which Christmas movie are you watching?
I usually have Pandora's Traditional Christmas music station playing throughout the house on the Fridays that I off. Love being home alone every once in a while. Get a lot done.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:50 pm

We broke our all time record low this morning. The record was 59F set in 1997. This morning it got down to 57F. That's almost our average Christmas Day high.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:53 pm

Did you know that we have surpassed our total number of Christmas posts (1369) from last year?
Woot Woot!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gIJZgLi7NA

nice tune and it even mentions Christmas Eve.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:56 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... tchen.html

I'd like to hope this is a Christmas joke.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Did you know that we have surpassed our total number of Christmas posts (1369) from last year?
Woot Woot!!!

Yes. I'm Christmas proud of all of us! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:06 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gIJZgLi7NA

nice tune and it even mentions Christmas Eve.

Great Bin Jovi tune! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter