2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:58 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Christmas Crazy- may I ask what you do for work where they let you play Christmas music? Jealous!!

I am not sure what Christmas Crazy does for a living, but in my previous job I could listen to www.Live365.com with earphones. They have several christmas channels year round.

We have been sick with cold/flu etc since New year´s day. Finally made it out to the store today. Hubby got his report from the ex rays and the hands show no arthritis and only 1 toe. So, why are they swollen, stiff, and difficult to use? He still has a referral to the rheumatology clinic, but I doubt we are a priority without "evidence". While I am glad he has no permanent damamge, this feels like a step backwards in actually getting proper treatment.

Needing prayers from all my christmas friends. This is I feel the make it or breakt it year. I am seriously contemplating returning to San Antonio to look for a job and trying to bring hubby over. Needless to say, the immigration process is daunting and having given up one life to move here, I do not fancy doing the reverse. Coming here was the hardest thing I have ever done and I feel like a failure for not having mastered the language and been able to find a productive long term job. This will be a year of difficult decisions. Now, I shall try to be upbeat! :singing:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:30 pm

I know how you feel about the decs being taken down . I will do my on the 7th January and dreading it . Nice to see the count down though so roll on November . Hope everyone in 2013 will be blessed with good health , peace and employment . Night CAY friends x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Just noticed im a bulb tester now great x
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:25 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Christmas Crazy- may I ask what you do for work where they let you play Christmas music? Jealous!!

Engineer. Sit in a cubical with my headphones on.
But not too loudly. Gotta be able to hear the phone ring. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:20 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am not sure how we are going to take down the outside Christmas lights anytime soon. They are buried until about 2 feet of snow, plus it was only -20 degrees today when I got to work. A little chilly, but it was beautiful out with the snow.

All of the inside decorations are down except for my village and the tree (only lights on it and the angel now).

When we lived where it snowed, we always left our lights up til past Valentine's Day. One string is red [at the top] so it was fitting for Valentine's and by then the snow either covered them up - :lol: - or it was light enough to take the string. So I hope you can just relax and enjoy :gbhouse: kiwi!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:21 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Noel, what is a winter siggie? A little Christmas scene?

:oops: Ooh......oops! Yes, just a mini-village scene small enough to sit on a side table through the winter time! A little Christmas magic to shine through longer. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Welcome Friday! Tomorrow we do Christmas 3.0 with my brother and cousin! It's STILL the most wonderful time of the year!!

Christmas with family and friends is the BEST!
Have fun and enjoy kiwidogy. :elfgrin:

:smilecc: High-fiving Christmas Crazy's comment! Just enjoy every moment!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Friday Christmas!
I have to work today, but I will be listening to Christmas music all day. :snowwow:

Good for you Christmas Crazy! :singing: Personally I never tire of Christmas carols and play them from time-to-time any day of the year! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:24 pm

tinseltown wrote:I know how you feel about the decs being taken down . I will do my on the 7th January and dreading it . Nice to see the count down though so roll on November . Hope everyone in 2013 will be blessed with good health , peace and employment . Night CAY friends x

Yes, we'll be seeing the countdown for a long time! Still, despite how plain our homes looks without Christmas decorations, our hearts shine brightly with the joy, peace and love of Christmas! Have sweet dreams tinseltown! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:25 pm

tinseltown wrote:Just noticed im a bulb tester now great x

Kudos! I remember watching for my Christmas status to raise too. It's fun and we appreciate your being a member of CAY. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:29 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

I am not sure what Christmas Crazy does for a living, but in my previous job I could listen to http://www.Live365.com with earphones. They have several christmas channels year round.

We have been sick with cold/flu etc since New year´s day. Finally made it out to the store today. Hubby got his report from the ex rays and the hands show no arthritis and only 1 toe. So, why are they swollen, stiff, and difficult to use? He still has a referral to the rheumatology clinic, but I doubt we are a priority without "evidence". While I am glad he has no permanent damamge, this feels like a step backwards in actually getting proper treatment.

Needing prayers from all my christmas friends. This is I feel the make it or breakt it year. I am seriously contemplating returning to San Antonio to look for a job and trying to bring hubby over. Needless to say, the immigration process is daunting and having given up one life to move here, I do not fancy doing the reverse. Coming here was the hardest thing I have ever done and I feel like a failure for not having mastered the language and been able to find a productive long term job. This will be a year of difficult decisions. Now, I shall try to be upbeat! :singing:

Ah, Jennifer I know it is discouraging to go this long without a full-time job but hang in there Christmas friend! In America our unemployment is back up to 7.8% and expected to rise again in January. The Labor Dept predicted 8.0% til 2015 so please pray hard before you make any major life decisions like moving back to the USA. I'm praying God's willl for you as only He knows what is best at this time.

One of the joys of this forum is we don't have to pretend to be 'upbeat' -- we can share our concerns with other members. It is a joy to pray for you and believe you have a major Christmas miracle coming in His time.

I admire your courage to pick up your life, move to Sweden out of love for your DH, and a sense of adventure to start a new life! :snowtree:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:30 pm

It seems the flu virus has hit our little family. Children seem to pick up every virus out there and we are sharers in this family. LOL! :lol: So......time for tea, bedrest, and the rest of the Christmas tree can wait for a few days. My little one is sleeping on the coach, Christmas tree lights blazing, saying it makes him feel better! Ahhh...........me too. :gbhouse:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

Engineer. Sit in a cubical with my headphones on.
But not too loudly. Gotta be able to hear the phone ring. :D

I used to use only one earphone and leave the other free so I could hear the phone or someone knocking on the door. It makes work tolerable when you can listen to Christmas tunes! :whistle:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:38 pm

Noel+ wrote:It seems the flu virus has hit our little family. Children seem to pick up every virus out there and we are sharers in this family. LOL! :lol: So......time for tea, bedrest, and the rest of the Christmas tree can wait for a few days. My little one is sleeping on the coach, Christmas tree lights blazing, saying it makes him feel better! Ahhh...........me too. :gbhouse:

We have been sick since New Year´s day.Just doing enough shopping and cooking to get by. There are a few Christmas decorations I would like to take down, but don´t have the energy yet.

The unemployment rate in SA is 5% right now, slightly less than the national average, but I have several friends my age and older who have been looking for jobs in the same area (adminstration) to no avail. My aunt has offered us half of her house permanently if we want it. I keep coming back to the fact that we would never be homeless in SA. Trying hard to keep Christmas in our hearts! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:16 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:It seems the flu virus has hit our little family. Children seem to pick up every virus out there and we are sharers in this family. LOL! :lol: So......time for tea, bedrest, and the rest of the Christmas tree can wait for a few days. My little one is sleeping on the coach, Christmas tree lights blazing, saying it makes him feel better! Ahhh...........me too. :gbhouse:

We have been sick since New Year´s day.Just doing enough shopping and cooking to get by. There are a few Christmas decorations I would like to take down, but don´t have the energy yet.

The unemployment rate in SA is 5% right now, slightly less than the national average, but I have several friends my age and older who have been looking for jobs in the same area (adminstration) to no avail. My aunt has offered us half of her house permanently if we want it. I keep coming back to the fact that we would never be homeless in SA. Trying hard to keep Christmas in our hearts! :scene:

First, I hope you and your DH keep feeling stronger & better each day!

Second, I am glad to hear you have options. Knowing you have a place to go is a huge blessing. So I'll just keep praying you walk through God's open doors and believe he'll give you the wisdom you need Tomtemor!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Today was spent totally in bed. Just up to catch up at CAY. This virus is an exhausting one! Christmas seems a bit far away so time to turn on the carols!

Hoping each of you are having a lovely weekend! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:00 am

First off, I hope all of my CAY friends who are sick get the rest they need to feel better soon. Secondly, I hope those of us looking for jobs keep our heads up and find what we are looking for.

Our village and tree decorations are still up. Everything else is down. It is nice to still be able to sit and relax by the light of the Christmas tree.

Today I had a great day of sliding, eating, playing games, and opening presents for another Christmas with my brother and cousins. I am very lucky for the family that I have!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:20 am

Finally got some real sleep last night, I find I like it.... I am afraid I might live. Hubby has to go to work tomorrow and I have to track down a package in a neighboring kommun. I have no idea what it is, my missing Christmas movie, Moonlight and Mistletoe finally appeared and all of Hubby´s gifts came. Maybe it is from Santa!

I have not really cleaned much since New Year´s so I need to have a post Christmas cleaning and will start putting things away this week. The tree will come down Sunday, the 13th as per Swedish tradition. But, this same three will be back for Christmas in July dressed in its Hawaiian decor. I really like the way it turned out with the blue and gold beads, swedish flags and yarn ornaments. Just festive enough and since it is in the kitchen, I get to look at it all the time.

Happy Epiphany! :magi:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:48 pm

:elfgrin: Praying for those flu bugs to go quickly :rudolph1: Nice to hear the lights are still on your trees :smilecc: Last day tomorrow for mine . Had a last christmas feast today and will fit in a coffe tomorrow with a friend over from Sweden who is very ill . They will be returning to Lund to continue treatment for him so pray . Dads had a super time here and i wil be off to the uk with him in Febuary . He bought my daughter 2 christmas dvds but forgot to bring them so we will have 2 more to watch next christmas . Watched the christmas Shoes with Rob Lowe , what a weepy :cry: So nice that i have friends who feel the same way as me ,sad that Christmas is over and looking forward to the next one already :smilecc: :snowwow: :elfgrin: Bless you all CAY friends especially with good health and those job situations xxx :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:49 pm

Praying that your family gets over the flu quick. It's been pretty rough here. Hubby, dd, and I all suffered a very nasty stomach bug right after Christmas. Fortunately it didn't last too long. And your son is right, Christmas does make you feel better! :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter