2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:08 am

The phone interview went well. Hopefully well enough to be passed onto the next stage. Our US trip could be a problem though. The employment ends in March and they said they prefer you take your vacation out in money rather than days. I felt I just had to mention the trip since it is necessary and even told them I had to settle some financial business regarding my pension. It is probably a violation of some sort of job hunting rule to talk about personal business but I wanted to convey that it is not just a pleasure trip that can be rescheduled. I did however say that we had not yet bought tickets and could shorten it some. We shall see. It is all in God´s hands. Praying for a Christmas miracle!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:41 pm

So glad to read your interview went very well! :D We continue to pray for your Chirstmas Miracle, and understand how difficult it is to wait for that open door. And, JMHO, being honest about your situation is a positive not a negative. :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi everyone prayers will continue for all situations . Im feeling alot better even if im working long hours and temp in the shade has been 41 degrees :snowwow: Reading about christmas movies i start off with Diehard 1 and 2 in october :elf: , Bridget Jones as well . Also End of days which is scary but i like the ending :elf: Also watch Midsommer murders Christmas special but i save all my favourites for when i trim up . Trading places i love and The holiday . Fred claus is now a firm favourite and Jingle all the way . Christmas eve is White christmas and scrooge with A : Alistair Sims in the evening. Christmas morning we watch Miracle on 34th Street while opening our gifts . I will look out for some of the movies you mentioned , they sound great . Be blessed all of you :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:33 pm

Mrs.Claus wrote:Christmas Crazy - that is strange. When I start fiddling with the website, I'll look into the forum too. It might be that it's upgrade isn't compatible with the Safari browser.

Shopping at the One Direction store was great!!! Both my girls did purchase T-shirts and the oldest also bought herself a poster book. We found a lot of amazing merchandise, although I'm pretty sure we're going to give it all to her for her birthday (which is at the end of September), instead of waiting till Christmas. Hubby's concerned that she may not be as "in to" 1D then as she is now. And, yes, I gave the items for hubby to hide, so I don't know where they are. :lol:

Everything looks like its back to normal tonight. The Christmas forum looks good now. :smilecc:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:16 am

I took dd for a bike ride in the park after school yesterday. We found some HUGE pinecones for our Christmas crafts. I thought I might take them and let my Sunday School kids glitter them. I'm gonna research some other crafts too. I have tons of pinecones on our property but they're the small ones. :holly1:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:18 am

Our dollar store has all the Fall/Halloween stuff out now. :peekleaves2: I even saw a few things for Thanksgiving. The Christmas stuff will be out soon. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Noel+ wrote:So glad to read your interview went very well! :D We continue to pray for your Chirstmas Miracle, and understand how difficult it is to wait for that open door. And, JMHO, being honest about your situation is a positive not a negative. :D

I have an in person interview for this position on Thursday, Keep those Christmas prayers coming. Hubby and I looked at the calendar and an easter trip to the US might work out better all around. I can tell them then that I have spoken to the bank and can take care of part of the business by fax and email and finish up the end of March, only taking a few days off my contract at the end. We shall see. First I need to get the job!

And I got a call from a reruiter yesterday saying I was still in the running for a job I had a preliminary interview for about a month ago. (yes, that is a run on sentence, and yes, I majored in English). The internet has ruined our proper writing skills. ;-)

Praying Christmas miracles for all my Christmas friends in the same situation. :peekleaves2:

OH, and hubby said it was only slightly above freezing when he left this morning. Winter is on it's way! :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:49 pm

tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone prayers will continue for all situations . Im feeling alot better even if im working long hours and temp in the shade has been 41 degrees :snowwow: Reading about christmas movies i start off with Diehard 1 and 2 in october :elf: , Bridget Jones as well . Also End of days which is scary but i like the ending :elf: Also watch Midsommer murders Christmas special but i save all my favourites for when i trim up . Trading places i love and The holiday . Fred claus is now a firm favourite and Jingle all the way . Christmas eve is White christmas and scrooge with A : Alistair Sims in the evening. Christmas morning we watch Miracle on 34th Street while opening our gifts . I will look out for some of the movies you mentioned , they sound great . Be blessed all of you :smilecc:

Great to hear from you again tinseltown. Glad to hear you are feeling better even while working long hours. In this economy, a job is a huge blessing. Thanks for always keeping your CAY friends in your prayers -- and we uphold you in prayer too.

Your list of Christmas flicks is interesting. We always start with Miracle on 34th Street [old one] on Thanksgiving day after our meal! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:50 pm

CandyKane wrote:Our dollar store has all the Fall/Halloween stuff out now. :peekleaves2: I even saw a few things for Thanksgiving. The Christmas stuff will be out soon. :smilecc:

Our dollar store has Halloween, Autumn and Labor Day all at once! Christmas decorations usually go up after Labor Day weekend - yay! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:So glad to read your interview went very well! :D We continue to pray for your Chirstmas Miracle, and understand how difficult it is to wait for that open door. And, JMHO, being honest about your situation is a positive not a negative. :D

I have an in person interview for this position on Thursday, Keep those Christmas prayers coming. Hubby and I looked at the calendar and an easter trip to the US might work out better all around. I can tell them then that I have spoken to the bank and can take care of part of the business by fax and email and finish up the end of March, only taking a few days off my contract at the end. We shall see. First I need to get the job!

And I got a call from a reruiter yesterday saying I was still in the running for a job I had a preliminary interview for about a month ago. (yes, that is a run on sentence, and yes, I majored in English). The internet has ruined our proper writing skills. ;-)

We definitely are continuing to pray for your interviews, job search and prospering Jennifer.

So envy you the cold weather - it is 108F here today.

Please keep us posted -- hopes remain high for your Christmas miracle!

Praying Christmas miracles for all my Christmas friends in the same situation. :peekleaves2:

OH, and hubby said it was only slightly above freezing when he left this morning. Winter is on it's way! :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:22 pm

I visited with my mother in law this afternoon and she told me she has is changing the date of her Christmas dinner. She's moved it earlier in December and this is great news. More time between activities means more time to rest and savor the season. :scene:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:35 pm

I stopped by the thrift store this weekend and dd was with me. She picked out a Christmas ornament and asked if she could have it. It's a Mr. Christmas musical hinged bear ornament. Inside a little train goes around to the music. It's in brand new condition and it was only $1. Glad my baby loves Christmas as much as her momma does. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Noel+ wrote:
tinseltown wrote:Hi everyone prayers will continue for all situations . Im feeling alot better even if im working long hours and temp in the shade has been 41 degrees :snowwow: Reading about christmas movies i start off with Diehard 1 and 2 in october :elf: , Bridget Jones as well . Also End of days which is scary but i like the ending :elf: Also watch Midsommer murders Christmas special but i save all my favourites for when i trim up . Trading places i love and The holiday . Fred claus is now a firm favourite and Jingle all the way . Christmas eve is White christmas and scrooge with A : Alistair Sims in the evening. Christmas morning we watch Miracle on 34th Street while opening our gifts . I will look out for some of the movies you mentioned , they sound great . Be blessed all of you :smilecc:

Great to hear from you again tinseltown. Glad to hear you are feeling better even while working long hours. In this economy, a job is a huge blessing. Thanks for always keeping your CAY friends in your prayers -- and we uphold you in prayer too. Love to hear everyones christmas traditions on the run up to Christmas :smilecc: Just read my post and i seem to be jumping from one subject to the other , its tiredness :elfgrin: So glad to see prayers being answered . Do hope Tomtenors trip works out to the states . My prayers are for all those in the path of hurricane Issac as well .Be blessed all my CAY friends so lovely to keep in touch and that we keep Christmas alive all year round :smilecc:

Your list of Christmas flicks is interesting. We always start with Miracle on 34th Street [old one] on Thanksgiving day after our meal! :wink:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Mrs.Claus » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:28 pm

Tomtemor wrote:I have an in person interview for this position on Thursday, Keep those Christmas prayers coming. Hubby and I looked at the calendar and an easter trip to the US might work out better all around. I can tell them then that I have spoken to the bank and can take care of part of the business by fax and email and finish up the end of March, only taking a few days off my contract at the end. We shall see. First I need to get the job!

Great news on the interview and the follow up from the other interview!!! :snowjump: Will keep those Christmas prayers going!!
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:52 am

CandyKane wrote:I visited with my mother in law this afternoon and she told me she has is changing the date of her Christmas dinner. She's moved it earlier in December and this is great news. More time between activities means more time to rest and savor the season. :scene:

That is great news! It is always nice when one side of the family is actually considerate that you do have other people to visit. It gets even more complicated if you have a divorce situation and more houses to shuffle the kids between. It is nice when others are accomodating and help you keep your Christmas Spirit! :peekleaves2: :scene:

The hedge down by the car is having a few red leaves. Fall is on its way! (Usually August is our "transition" month. I have worn gloves by the end of August in some years. Not this one, but they are in my bag! :leafjump: :rake: :cheer:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:23 am

CandyKane wrote:I visited with my mother in law this afternoon and she told me she has is changing the date of her Christmas dinner. She's moved it earlier in December and this is great news. More time between activities means more time to rest and savor the season. :scene:

That's great news the Christmas dinner was moved up in December, CK. We all like to celebrate the entire month of December. ENj :D OY!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:39 am

Got a call from an old boss, my references are being checked on recruiting company position (with a school, but handled by a recruiter). That is nice, but I would MUCH prefer the job I interview for tomorrow. But, praying God´s best and not my will. Hope everyone is having a Christmas filled day!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:42 pm

There is Christmas joy and glad tidings in your update today Jennifer. :D
And I agree. His plan in His time is always best.

Obedience is our responsibility. The details are His.
Last edited by Christmas Crazy on Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:38 pm

If you haven't already 'liked' Countdown to Christmas on facebook, you should. They have some awesome pics and ideas. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:36 pm

CandyKane wrote:If you haven't already 'liked' Countdown to Christmas on facebook, you should. They have some awesome pics and ideas. :smilecc:

I have been checking Countdown to Christmas out to. Another great one on facebook is A Country Christmas. I have just joined Pinterest and WOW have they got some amazing Christmas food/craft/decorating ideas! :D
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter