CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:38 pm

CandyKane wrote:E.L.F cosmetics is offering free shipping today. I just ordered dd nail polish, eyeshadow, and lip gloss for her elf to bring her. How cool is that! :elfgrin: :santadance:

That a very Christmas cool! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:39 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Happy Saturday Christmas friends.

Happy Saturday Christmas Jolly!!!

Happy Super Christmas Saturday all my friends!!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:41 pm

CandyKane wrote:I'm going all out with her elf and Santa because I'm pretty sure this will be dd's last year of really believing. She's in 3rd grade now and is on the edge of truly believing and being told by her friends that there's no Santa. Sigh. I know a parent that told her preschooler there was no Santa. I'm just hoping to avoid all such Scrooges this Christmas. :carolbells:

You're a good Christmas mom CK. It's a bittersweet moment isn't it?! :cry:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:52 am

CandyKane wrote:E.L.F cosmetics is offering free shipping today. I just ordered dd nail polish, eyeshadow, and lip gloss for her elf to bring her. How cool is that! :elfgrin: :santadance:

You are just full of Christmas cool ideas. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:54 am

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:I'm going all out with her elf and Santa because I'm pretty sure this will be dd's last year of really believing. She's in 3rd grade now and is on the edge of truly believing and being told by her friends that there's no Santa. Sigh. I know a parent that told her preschooler there was no Santa. I'm just hoping to avoid all such Scrooges this Christmas. :carolbells:

You're a good Christmas mom CK. It's a bittersweet moment isn't it?! :cry:

My mother told me it was a "game" that we could go right on playing. According to my mother I was more traumatized by there being no Easter Bunny. We all know the real reason for Christmas, but that does not mean we cannot also have fun. :D
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:45 pm

Merry Sunday Christmas!!!
ImageI hope that everyone has a blessed Sunday!Image
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:03 pm

MERRY SUNDAY CHRISTMAS all my friends!

Reading about your temperatures makes me yearn for Fall:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:17 am

Merry Monday Christmas! 59F this morning.

Crazy day, first day of term. Trying to keep up the Christmas cheer!
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:51 am

Merry Monday Christmas!!!
I hope everybody has a great week.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:07 am

Woke up at 3am to another plumbing leak in the house. Waiting the 3 hora before calling a plumber & emptying water buckets. This is definitely not very Christmasy! I will be off line tip its repaired & hope Thar's later today. Please have a better Monday than me. :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:09 am

Noel+ wrote:Woke up at 3am to another plumbing leak in the house. Waiting the 3 hora before calling a plumber & emptying water buckets. This is definitely not very Christmasy! I will be off line tip its repaired & hope Thar's later today. Please have a better Monday than me. :wink:

Oh so sorry. hope the Christmas elves get there soon to fix it. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:01 am

Noel+ wrote:Woke up at 3am to another plumbing leak in the house. Waiting the 3 hora before calling a plumber & emptying water buckets. This is definitely not very Christmasy! I will be off line tip its repaired & hope Thar's later today. Please have a better Monday than me. :wink:

So sorry this happened Noel. Hoping its a quick and cheap fix. Wishing you a better rest of the week just filled with Christmas Cheer. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:04 am

August just flew by at reindeer speed. :reindeer2: Christmas will be here before we know it. :singing:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:38 am

I hope your repairs come quicker than Christmas my friend. Sorry this happened again.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:41 am

CandyKane wrote:August just flew by at reindeer speed. :reindeer2: Christmas will be here before we know it. :singing:

You're so right CandyKane. As I was driving to work in the dark this morning (6:30am), I was also thinking to myself "It won't be long before it's Christmas time".
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:48 am

It's still a little early for the Fall decorations but I couldn't resist putting a Fall leaf wreath on my front door. :cheer: I just love the colors. I also have a beautiful Christmas wreath I found at a thrift store. It'll just have to wait its turn. :peekleaves2:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:52 am

CandyKane wrote:It's still a little early for the Fall decorations but I couldn't resist putting a Fall leaf wreath on my front door. :cheer: I just love the colors. I also have a beautiful Christmas wreath I found at a thrift store. It'll just have to wait its turn. :peekleaves2:

We put on the "fall" duvet covers yesterday to try to urge the season along. ONe more season closer to Christmas.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:56 am

http://www.thelocal.se/20150830/one-dea ... in-rinkeby

It's not a happy Christmas tale but the shooting/stabbing in that article takes place in the exact "square" where Perky works. That store is where he buys our bagels and pretzels. This took place at 2 pm on a Sunday afternoon, so one cannot think, oh, it's safe in the daytime..........my father said, sounds just like San Antonio. But, dear Christmas friends it is not. This is on the edge of one of the "No go" zones. I am actually surprised there were any police there at all. Pray for Perky's safety daily. The amazing thing is, he really seems to like the job.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:33 am

CandyKane wrote:It's still a little early for the Fall decorations but I couldn't resist putting a Fall leaf wreath on my front door. :cheer: I just love the colors. I also have a beautiful Christmas wreath I found at a thrift store. It'll just have to wait its turn. :peekleaves2:

With Christmas just around the corner, it won't have to wait long.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:01 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:http://www.thelocal.se/20150830/one-dead-in-shooting-and-stabbing-in-rinkeby

It's not a happy Christmas tale but the shooting/stabbing in that article takes place in the exact "square" where Perky works. That store is where he buys our bagels and pretzels. This took place at 2 pm on a Sunday afternoon, so one cannot think, oh, it's safe in the daytime..........my father said, sounds just like San Antonio. But, dear Christmas friends it is not. This is on the edge of one of the "No go" zones. I am actually surprised there were any police there at all. Pray for Perky's safety daily. The amazing thing is, he really seems to like the job.

Praying BIG Christmas size prayers for Perky.
Please dear Lord, keep him safe.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter