CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:54 am

115 Days till Christmas!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:27 am

Merry Christmas Tuesday! Perky saw 3 skin drs, had photographs and samples taken, just like 2009. Strange thing is you can not now even feel the bumps on the skin.......he told them it was a smart disease. I am not sure I was in this group then, but he went to work one day in October 2015 fine and has basically never been fine since. They were sanding a 100 year old building and finding creosote underneath all the layers of paint. But, enough of our woes. It is September and the start of the Christmas celebration in the PHilippines. I was watching part of Santa Baby on the mp4 on the bus this morning. It looks too Christmas cute.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:06 am

The 'Ber' months are here! And I'm just a little excited about it. :snowjump: Time for a few more Fall decorations to start coming out. And I might even sneak in a Christmas one or two. :D I can't remember who :think: but someone on this site used to put their tree up in September. I'm not that bold but I am looking forward to decorating.

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:49 am

CandyKane wrote:The 'Ber' months are here! And I'm just a little excited about it. :snowjump: Time for a few more Fall decorations to start coming out. And I might even sneak in a Christmas one or two. :D I can't remember who :think: but someone on this site used to put their tree up in September. I'm not that bold but I am looking forward to decorating.

I think that was someone with a special needs child who did not respond well to changes in the home. It's a great way to still keep up the Christmas spirit and makes the season last longer. My cousin's family has an autistic child and they bring out the decorations a little at a time so there is not a drastic change but the house is all decorated by Christmas. I do wonder now if they handle the "Un-decorating" in the same manner. I will have to ask. Maybe the reverse process is not as traumatic. Christmas points to ponder. :think:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:15 am

Since it's the first of the month I'll be taking in my canned goods donation to the food bank today. :dinner: Thats a great way to feel all Christmasy. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:51 am

CandyKane wrote:Since it's the first of the month I'll be taking in my canned goods donation to the food bank today. :dinner: Thats a great way to feel all Christmasy. :smilecc:

That's the true Christmas spirit! Kudos CK!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Merry Christmas Tuesday! Perky saw 3 skin drs, had photographs and samples taken, just like 2009. Strange thing is you can not now even feel the bumps on the skin.......he told them it was a smart disease. I am not sure I was in this group then, but he went to work one day in October 2015 fine and has basically never been fine since. They were sanding a 100 year old building and finding creosote underneath all the layers of paint. But, enough of our woes. It is September and the start of the Christmas celebration in the PHilippines. I was watching part of Santa Baby on the mp4 on the bus this morning. It looks too Christmas cute.

Jolly we are happy to pray for both Perky's healing and his safety in the no-go-zone! Thanks for the update on his skin condition. Christmas prayers for you both & enjoy cute Santa Baby! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:12 pm

CandyKane wrote:The 'Ber' months are here! And I'm just a little excited about it. :snowjump: Time for a few more Fall decorations to start coming out. And I might even sneak in a Christmas one or two. :D I can't remember who :think: but someone on this site used to put their tree up in September. I'm not that bold but I am looking forward to decorating.

:peekleaves2: Sure wish it felt like Fall here! I had planned on putting up a few Fall decorations too but at 109F that feels silly. Emjoy your decorating CandyKane! Christmas decorations fit neatly between autumn leave garlands! :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:13 pm

CandyKane wrote:Since it's the first of the month I'll be taking in my canned goods donation to the food bank today. :dinner: Thats a great way to feel all Christmasy. :smilecc:

You are living out Christmas by this action CandyKane. :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:14 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Image

115 Days till Christmas!

Thanks Christmas friends for all your support yesterday! The plumbing issue is fixed........for now,.....as their recommendations are too costly at the moment. Thanks for your prayers -- I felt them! Hugs :snowkiss:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:33 pm

[b]Off to run some errands thinking happy Christmas thoughts![/b]

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
I'm still dreaming of a white Christmas.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:28 am

A little pre-Christmas inspiration for Wednesday!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:32 am

CandyKane: does your daughter like/love "Frozen"? Which sister is her favorite? My DD loves them both! I'm in a Frozen mood so enjoy everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:43 am

I'll be leaving for work in a few minutes but wishing all my Christmas friends an awesome Wednesday!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:30 am

Just wow! A job that was sent to me via LinkedIn during the summer and for which I applied has just gone to the next level. I will have a phone interview hopefully on Friday. I am super Christmas amazed. It is something that popped up out of the blue from my LinkedIn profile. It is with an American company called Parexel out of Massachusetts. The job is here in Stockholm.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:06 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Just wow! A job that was sent to me via LinkedIn during the summer and for which I applied has just gone to the next level. I will have a phone interview hopefully on Friday. I am super Christmas amazed. It is something that popped up out of the blue from my LinkedIn profile. It is with an American company called Parexel out of Massachusetts. The job is here in Stockholm.

That is so exciting Jolly. Working for a global research company may have some huge benefits. Christmas size prayers for discernment on this opportunity.
Go God!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:10 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Just wow! A job that was sent to me via LinkedIn during the summer and for which I applied has just gone to the next level. I will have a phone interview hopefully on Friday. I am super Christmas amazed. It is something that popped up out of the blue from my LinkedIn profile. It is with an American company called Parexel out of Massachusetts. The job is here in Stockholm.

That is so exciting Jolly. Working for a global research company may have some huge benefits. Christmas size prayers for discernment on this opportunity.
Go God!!!

The phone interview is 2 pm on Friday. A day I had taken off of work since we are going on a cruise this weekend. It will be very interesting.......one thing to consider is if they follow Swedish vs American labor laws. Swedish is more advantageous. I have gotten used to having 7 weeks of vacation a year. Hubby said maybe travel is included, but I actually hope not. I am more a "stay home and hold down the fort" type of admin. Without hubby or traveling where I actually know people, business travel is a lot of hassle for no Christmas fun in my opinion. At the very least, it is certainly nice to know someone finds me interesting. We will know more about my current situation hopefully in a few weeks. Meanwhile, keep up the Christmas prayers.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:30 am

Noel+ wrote:CandyKane: does your daughter like/love "Frozen"? Which sister is her favorite? My DD loves them both! I'm in a Frozen mood so enjoy everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

We both love frozen Noel! Her fave princess is Elsa. But her real movie faves are Olaf and Sven. :reindeer2: She asked for some Frozen stuff on her Christmas list last year but she hasn't mentioned it for this year yet. :santa:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:32 am

Dd has started asking for a new laptop and I have to agree we need one so it's going on the Christmas shopping list. :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter