CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:42 am

CandyKane wrote:
Noel+ wrote:CandyKane: does your daughter like/love "Frozen"? Which sister is her favorite? My DD loves them both! I'm in a Frozen mood so enjoy everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

We both love frozen Noel! Her fave princess is Elsa. But her real movie faves are Olaf and Sven. :reindeer2: She asked for some Frozen stuff on her Christmas list last year but she hasn't mentioned it for this year yet. :santa:

I was trying to type in Swedish cadence but it is too hard. We have friends who think Perky looks like Olaf. He's the shop guy right? Too Christmas cute.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:50 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:Just wow! A job that was sent to me via LinkedIn during the summer and for which I applied has just gone to the next level. I will have a phone interview hopefully on Friday. I am super Christmas amazed. It is something that popped up out of the blue from my LinkedIn profile. It is with an American company called Parexel out of Massachusetts. The job is here in Stockholm.

That is so exciting Jolly. Working for a global research company may have some huge benefits. Christmas size prayers for discernment on this opportunity.
Go God!!!

Don't count your Christmas chickens yet. An online friend uncovered some ethical issues I am unsure I could justify in my conscious. Since I actually still have a job, I can afford to have morals. Part of me says, I'll just be an admin. The other part says "isn't that what the admins at concentration camps said?" Pray for guidance and direction. I suppose if I did not have these concerns, I would have not gone looking for confirmation. I will be professional but not enthusiastic.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:16 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Just wow! A job that was sent to me via LinkedIn during the summer and for which I applied has just gone to the next level. I will have a phone interview hopefully on Friday. I am super Christmas amazed. It is something that popped up out of the blue from my LinkedIn profile. It is with an American company called Parexel out of Massachusetts. The job is here in Stockholm.

:holly1: What an interesting opportunity Jolly! :D Prayers for wisdom, insight & direction. Who knows this may be a new facet of your life or another growth experience!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:18 pm

CandyKane wrote:Dd has started asking for a new laptop and I have to agree we need one so it's going on the Christmas shopping list. :shop:

Well there is windows 10 now and their new browser so its good for the kiddos to know the latest technology [for school]. I use mine til they fall apart - :lol: - or Santa brings me a new one for Christmas. :wink:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:20 pm

With only 4 hours sleep I ran errands this morning....groggily. :wink: At Fry's [Kroger affiliate] there was a nice Christmas surprise! One-fourth plus of the store is wrapped off in thick layers of plastic. But this elf could clearly see Christmas trees, wrapping paper & ribbons, and tons of boxes! Oh, yeah, Christmas is coming soon! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:39 pm

A little retro Budweiser Clydesdales Christmas for the middle of the week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXvAVtwbemE

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:42 pm

I'm wishing for SNOW :snowwow: and a little retro Christmas! This is so entertaining to me.........hope you enjoy it too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxUkP7kb4q8

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:59 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

That is so exciting Jolly. Working for a global research company may have some huge benefits. Christmas size prayers for discernment on this opportunity.
Go God!!!

Don't count your Christmas chickens yet. An online friend uncovered some ethical issues I am unsure I could justify in my conscious. Since I actually still have a job, I can afford to have morals. Part of me says, I'll just be an admin. The other part says "isn't that what the admins at concentration camps said?" Pray for guidance and direction. I suppose if I did not have these concerns, I would have not gone looking for confirmation. I will be professional but not enthusiastic.

You must take a stand on your morals. Even if you stand alone my Christmas friend.
Trust God.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:15 pm

Noel+ wrote:I'm wishing for SNOW :snowwow: and a little retro Christmas! This is so entertaining to me.........hope you enjoy it too!

I absolutely loved watching those old Christmas commercials. Brought back many wonderful memories of Christmas past. Thanks Noel!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:16 pm

Noel+ wrote:A little retro Budweiser Clydesdales Christmas for the middle of the week!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXvAVtwbemE

Budweiser had some great Christmas commercials.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:24 pm

This is a Christmas song for the teenagers of the 80's.
They weren't one of my favorite bands, but I did like this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aznAq5a5aP4
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:55 pm

Another Christmas favorite.
Faith Hill - "Where Are You Christmas"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2QzjoB0Xg0
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:25 am

Noel+ wrote:
CandyKane wrote:Dd has started asking for a new laptop and I have to agree we need one so it's going on the Christmas shopping list. :shop:

Well there is windows 10 now and their new browser so its good for the kiddos to know the latest technology [for school]. I use mine til they fall apart - :lol: - or Santa brings me a new one for Christmas. :wink:

I totally agree. I don't get this must have a new program, upgrade every year. My brain is just too Christmas slow.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:28 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:

Go God!!!

You must take a stand on your morals. Even if you stand alone my Christmas friend.
Trust God.

Upon further investigation, I will not deliberately blow the interview. I want her to like me just decide I am perhaps not the best person for the job at hand. In this day and age one never knows who is connected to whom and it might lead to a job somewhere I would want to work. In the end, they do not know my current job is in jeopardy. So, I could always say that I "really like what I do (most days) and just don't feel I am ready for a change yet.......". Who knows, I may yet get a job delivering with Santa on Christmas Eve.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:42 am

Merry Thankful Thursday Christmas!!!
Be blessed my friends.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:08 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:This is a Christmas song for the teenagers of the 80's.
They weren't one of my favorite bands, but I did like this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aznAq5a5aP4

Wow! I had forgotten about this one. Thanks for the Christmas blast from the past. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:11 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Another Christmas favorite.
Faith Hill - "Where Are You Christmas"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2QzjoB0Xg0

We've watched 'The Grinch' :grinch: around here so many times it's ridiculous. So this is one of our faves. Sadly, I feel like this some times. Love the Christmas video. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:15 am

For some reason Thursdays are the worst mornings for us to get up and get around. Even though I was really dragging this morning I still got hubby off and dd to school on time. I stopped by a yard sale on the way home and the only thing I bought was a Christmas ornament. I don't need it, but it sure is pretty. :elfgrin:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:25 am

CandyKane wrote:For some reason Thursdays are the worst mornings for us to get up and get around. Even though I was really dragging this morning I still got hubby off and dd to school on time. I stopped by a yard sale on the way home and the only thing I bought was a Christmas ornament. I don't need it, but it sure is pretty. :elfgrin:

I agree I think Thursdays are the worst. It is over the "hump" but not quite Friday......one more day to go to the weekend. Hej då Christmas friends.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:29 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:I'm wishing for SNOW :snowwow: and a little retro Christmas! This is so entertaining to me.........hope you enjoy it too!

I absolutely loved watching those old Christmas commercials. Brought back many wonderful memories of Christmas past. Thanks Noel!!!

You've made my day Christmas Crazy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter