CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby CandyKane » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Is anyone else worried about the Winter weather predictions for your area? Thanks to El Niño our forecast is for bitterly cold temps with above average moisture. That spells BAD for us. :snowball: The bright side would be we might just see a White Christmas. :snowjump:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:32 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote::dinner: having a peanut butter sandwich and peanut butter cups for lunch. Too bad we do not have sparkling water or it could be a Peanut Butter Christmas! (only Patch the Pirate fans will understand....) :dinner:

I get it.......and so do the kiddos!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:34 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:
CandyKane wrote:We're enjoying a quiet Labor Day weekend around the house. We're taking care of some outdoor projects and I'm so excited to be getting these done before it's time to start decorating for Christmas. :holly1:

International Worker's Day (Labor day) is May 1 on the heels of Valborg. We sometimes have a balcony grillfest and picnic, but today it is raining ALL day and my allergies have kicked in. ON the other hand, it is one more milestone toward Christmas! :elfgrin:

:holly1: CandyKane you're one busy woman! Congrats! on checking off chores on your list this weekend.

And Jolly thanks for the holiday primer. :D Onward to CHRISTMAS!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:37 pm

CandyKane wrote:Is anyone else worried about the Winter weather predictions for your area? Thanks to El Niño our forecast is for bitterly cold temps with above average moisture. That spells BAD for us. :snowball: The bright side would be we might just see a White Christmas. :snowjump:

CandyKane wouldn't a White Christmas be awesome?!

El Nino is the southwest means hotter longer drought days. Personally I find that a real Christmas bummer. Maybe I can send you some Arizona sunshine when the blizzards hit your area?! 8-)

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:44 pm

My Labor Day weekend visit with my brother, and our Sibling Day yesterday, were awesome! He's now making the 4 hour trek home to the California border.

Yesterday we used GPS to find my sister's new house. 5 years ago they changed her access street so GPS led us to a dead end. LOL! :lol: My brother had to call for directions.

Her down-sized home is big and beautiful to me. She has a well landscaped fromt yard & the backyard has a huge living room sized patio with a built in kitchen area around the pool. The pool is a 'wader' only to 5ft epth. And then a manicured lawn, old trees and beautiful flowers. It's the perfect size to maintain! She did herself proud.

We went to lunch together, and then did some early Christmas shopping! Who me? :shop: It was a new mall - outdoor walk areas - and very nice.

My brother & I went to my church for Saturday night contemporary worship service and we were blessed.

Today I am exhausted. I swept off the front porch & picked up some groc :sleephat: eries after church. Now I am going to rest.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:45 pm

P>S> We're a dunce of Christmas elves: not one of us thought to take pictures!!! Santa would be so disappointed in us. :oops:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:36 pm

Noel+ wrote:P>S> We're a dunce of Christmas elves: not one of us thought to take pictures!!! Santa would be so disappointed in us. :oops:

Even though you didn't get any pictures, it sounds like you reinforced the sibling bond for years to come. The Christmas elves are proud of that!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:37 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:45 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:10 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:P>S> We're a dunce of Christmas elves: not one of us thought to take pictures!!! Santa would be so disappointed in us. :oops:

Even though you didn't get any pictures, it sounds like you reinforced the sibling bond for years to come. The Christmas elves are proud of that!!!

:holly1: Thanks for that word of encouragement Christmas Crazy.

:D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:05 am

To all my Christmas friends, I wish you a safe, joyful & restful Labor Day!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:58 am

Have a safe and wonderful Labor Day my Christmas friends!!!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:39 pm

Michelle and I went shopping yesterday. 10 hours. I was flat out tired when we got home. I bought 5 new long sleeved shirts for this fall and winter. Michelle bought 2 new tops and a pair of shoes. We stopped in at Sam's Club and spent way too much money. But it was neat to see all the Christmas decorations they had out. They had 6 foot tall toy soldiers for $200 each. I told Michelle we needed 2 of them for each side of the front door. She just laughed at me. Gotta love her. We did manage to buy a Christmas present for her dad and one for her mom. So technically it was Christmas shopping.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day. Dd is off of school so I took her out to visit my Dad awhile. We stopped by the Dollar Store on the way home and I noticed they have started putting out Christmas decorations at the end of a Fall/Halloween aisle. It has begun! :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Michelle and I went shopping yesterday. 10 hours. I was flat out tired when we got home. I bought 5 new long sleeved shirts for this fall and winter. Michelle bought 2 new tops and a pair of shoes. We stopped in at Sam's Club and spent way too much money. But it was neat to see all the Christmas decorations they had out. They had 6 foot tall toy soldiers for $200 each. I told Michelle we needed 2 of them for each side of the front door. She just laughed at me. Gotta love her. We did manage to buy a Christmas present for her dad and one for her mom. So technically it was Christmas shopping.

:holly1: Sounds like a wonderful day "Christmas shopping" CC! I was excited to read Sam's Club has Christmas on display already. Kudos on the gifts you found. :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:01 pm

CandyKane wrote:Hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day. Dd is off of school so I took her out to visit my Dad awhile. We stopped by the Dollar Store on the way home and I noticed they have started putting out Christmas decorations at the end of a Fall/Halloween aisle. It has begun! :smilecc:

:holly1: Just love how you are teaching your DD the art of wise Christmas shopping!

:wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:44 am

Christmas Joy!
I was just promoted from Reindeer Caretaker to Rudolph's Assistant.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:20 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Christmas Joy!
I was just promoted from Reindeer Caretaker to Rudolph's Assistant.

Wow! Christmas congratulations! It has been a busy week and it is only Tuesday. Have a work conference next week. That is no Christmas fun. I don't get this "bonding thing" with co workers. I just want to do my job and go home and bond with my husband and my cats. We will take a commuter train ride on Saturday to the conference location so I know how to get there on Thursday. It's not as much fun as a regular train ride but will make a nice lunch date with hubby.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:35 pm

Christmas Special - November 30 @ 9:00 PM on ABC
I can't wait!!!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:46 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Christmas Special - November 30 @ 9:00 PM on ABC
I can't wait!!!

Nothing beats Charlie Brown's Christmas! Thanks for posting. :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter