CHRISTMAS 2015

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: CHRISTMAS 2015

Postby CandyKane » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Christmas Joy!
I was just promoted from Reindeer Caretaker to Rudolph's Assistant.

I've been Rudolph's Assistant for some time. I love our Christmas jobs. :rudolph:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:43 pm

Congrats! Christmas Crazy. We know Rudolph will be ready & primed for take-off on 12/25 now! :D :reindeersmile:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:45 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Wow! Christmas congratulations! It has been a busy week and it is only Tuesday. Have a work conference next week. That is no Christmas fun. I don't get this "bonding thing" with co workers. I just want to do my job and go home and bond with my husband and my cats. We will take a commuter train ride on Saturday to the conference location so I know how to get there on Thursday. It's not as much fun as a regular train ride but will make a nice lunch date with hubby.

I can so relate Jolly. Once you've seen 40 and are not look backwards, bonding with co-workers is old hat. We know how to do that & we are team players. Conferences are a waste of time but necessary for good reviews. Enjoy the train ride & bonding time with your precious Perky! And you can Christmas daydream - like I do - during the conference! :lol:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:46 pm

CandyKane wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Christmas Special - November 30 @ 9:00 PM on ABC
I can't wait!!!

Nothing beats Charlie Brown's Christmas! Thanks for posting. :smilecc:

Thanks CC! It's not Christmas season without a Charlie Brown special! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:48 pm

It's a busy Tuesday morning! But not as much fun as Christmas hectic days. They're predicting hotter than normal temps here so that is a real Christmas bummer. I just keep my heart full of Christmas thoughts! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:49 pm

1566 Christmas posts! Woot! Woot! :sing: :sing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:48 pm

Noel+ wrote:It's a busy Tuesday morning! But not as much fun as Christmas hectic days. They're predicting hotter than normal temps here so that is a real Christmas bummer. I just keep my heart full of Christmas thoughts! :D

Try to keep cool my Christmas friend.
Think cold thoughts. Think of Mid-January in Indiana with only a light jacket.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:50 pm

Noel+ wrote:1566 Christmas posts! Woot! Woot! :sing: :sing:

Over 1500 posts and it's only September?!
That's
Christmas Crazy!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:51 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Noel+ wrote:It's a busy Tuesday morning! But not as much fun as Christmas hectic days. They're predicting hotter than normal temps here so that is a real Christmas bummer. I just keep my heart full of Christmas thoughts! :D

Try to keep cool my Christmas friend.
Think cold thoughts. Think of Mid-January in Indiana with only a light jacket.

Ahhh....that's Christmas cold. Just perfect for me. :snowwow: :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:04 am

Noel+ wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:

Wow! Christmas congratulations! It has been a busy week and it is only Tuesday. Have a work conference next week. That is no Christmas fun. I don't get this "bonding thing" with co workers. I just want to do my job and go home and bond with my husband and my cats. We will take a commuter train ride on Saturday to the conference location so I know how to get there on Thursday. It's not as much fun as a regular train ride but will make a nice lunch date with hubby.

I can so relate Jolly. Once you've seen 40 and are not look backwards, bonding with co-workers is old hat. We know how to do that & we are team players. Conferences are a waste of time but necessary for good reviews. Enjoy the train ride & bonding time with your precious Perky! And you can Christmas daydream - like I do - during the conference! :lol:

I added up the "Productive time" at the last conference and out of a day and a half (we don't even get lunch the second day) it was about 6 hours total and that was for the professors. For the admins who are required to sit there, it is a total waste of a day and a half. I'd rather be home watching Christmas movies!
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:07 am

went out to dinner last night with Perky. We went to the Arabic grocery afterwards to get some chlorine (they sell the real stuff there) and I found a tiny Cornish hen for almost nothing. about $2.50! I will cook it for my Swedish thanksgiving (Perky doesn't like them because of the bones) and send him a pic while he is having his boys' weekend away. I am as cruel as a parent who gives coal in Christmas stockings. :rake:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:39 am

Jolly O'Leary wrote:went out to dinner last night with Perky. We went to the Arabic grocery afterwards to get some chlorine (they sell the real stuff there) and I found a tiny Cornish hen for almost nothing. about $2.50! I will cook it for my Swedish thanksgiving (Perky doesn't like them because of the bones) and send him a pic while he is having his boys' weekend away. I am as cruel as a parent who gives coal in Christmas stockings. :rake:

You're mischievous my Christmas friend. :P
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:42 am

The Weather Channel is predicting cooler temps starting Friday (Highs in the low 80's).
The season is changing and soon it will be Christmas.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:33 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Jolly O'Leary wrote:went out to dinner last night with Perky. We went to the Arabic grocery afterwards to get some chlorine (they sell the real stuff there) and I found a tiny Cornish hen for almost nothing. about $2.50! I will cook it for my Swedish thanksgiving (Perky doesn't like them because of the bones) and send him a pic while he is having his boys' weekend away. I am as cruel as a parent who gives coal in Christmas stockings. :rake:

You're mischievous my Christmas friend. :P

Even Christmas elves can be feisty! :wink:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:35 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:The Weather Channel is predicting cooler temps starting Friday (Highs in the low 80's).
The season is changing and soon it will be Christmas.

Congrats my Christmas friend. Instead of thinking snow today I'm singing FROZEN!!! :snowwow: :snowwow: :snowwow:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:38 am

Ads for the new tv season were playing this weekend during football games. That means in 2 weeks the autumn season officially arrives. Then time flies on reindeer feet ChrIstmas. :peekleaves2:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby CandyKane » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:23 am

I LOVE when I set my dvr to record a Christmas show then forget about it and find it later. Happy, happy, happy :snowjump:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:44 am

CandyKane wrote:I LOVE when I set my dvr to record a Christmas show then forget about it and find it later. Happy, happy, happy :snowjump:

:holly1: What Christmas movie/program did you find? Enjoy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Just got confirmation that our British friends are not coming for Christmas. I am both glad and sad at the same time. It would have been nice to see them, but when Perky Went to work we lost momentum again getting the apartment Company ready. But it will be also nice to have a quiet Christmas after last year, as is our norm. We will probably Cook the big turkey as we can then save the rest of the meat for future casseroles. We will try to meet our friends over Ascension, either them coming here or us going there.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:07 pm

Jolly O'Leary wrote:Just got confirmation that our British friends are not coming for Christmas. I am both glad and sad at the same time. It would have been nice to see them, but when Perky Went to work we lost momentum again getting the apartment Company ready. But it will be also nice to have a quiet Christmas after last year, as is our norm. We will probably Cook the big turkey as we can then save the rest of the meat for future casseroles. We will try to meet our friends over Ascension, either them coming here or us going there.

:holly1: It's good Jolly that your friends verified their status for Christmas. That way you can make certain' plans. And you know, meeting them for Ascension is a good alternative. You & Perky may be tired & need of quiet time together this Christmas. Sometimes a quiet Christmas is the best one. :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter