2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:51 pm

I got a really sweet late Christmas present today. One of my Sunday School kiddos gave me a teacher 'doll' made out of handtowels. It's so cute. It's nice to be thought of. And I love getting Christmas gifts.....anytime of the year. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:51 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:First off, I hope all of my CAY friends who are sick get the rest they need to feel better soon. Secondly, I hope those of us looking for jobs keep our heads up and find what we are looking for.

Our village and tree decorations are still up. Everything else is down. It is nice to still be able to sit and relax by the light of the Christmas tree.

Today I had a great day of sliding, eating, playing games, and opening presents for another Christmas with my brother and cousins. I am very lucky for the family that I have!

Thanks for the good health wishes and job search success kiwi! :D

Yes, we still enjoy the glow of the tree too. It's relaxing and beautiful.

Your Christmas was extended and that always makes it more fun! So glad you have a great family to share it all with! :holly1:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:53 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Finally got some real sleep last night, I find I like it.... I am afraid I might live. Hubby has to go to work tomorrow and I have to track down a package in a neighboring kommun. I have no idea what it is, my missing Christmas movie, Moonlight and Mistletoe finally appeared and all of Hubby´s gifts came. Maybe it is from Santa!

I have not really cleaned much since New Year´s so I need to have a post Christmas cleaning and will start putting things away this week. The tree will come down Sunday, the 13th as per Swedish tradition. But, this same three will be back for Christmas in July dressed in its Hawaiian decor. I really like the way it turned out with the blue and gold beads, swedish flags and yarn ornaments. Just festive enough and since it is in the kitchen, I get to look at it all the time.

Happy Epiphany! :magi:

So good to hear you had a good night's rest, Tomtemor, and that you are feeling a bit better. I'll toast to great health! :smilecc:

How fun to have packages arrive! Like Kiwi, your Christmas is extended and that is always such fun!

Your Swedish christmas tree sounds bright & cheerful! And July 25 is not that far away and we count our way back to Christmas again!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 pm

tinseltown wrote::elfgrin: Praying for those flu bugs to go quickly :rudolph1: Nice to hear the lights are still on your trees :smilecc: Last day tomorrow for mine . Had a last christmas feast today and will fit in a coffe tomorrow with a friend over from Sweden who is very ill . They will be returning to Lund to continue treatment for him so pray . Dads had a super time here and i wil be off to the uk with him in Febuary . He bought my daughter 2 christmas dvds but forgot to bring them so we will have 2 more to watch next christmas . Watched the christmas Shoes with Rob Lowe , what a weepy :cry: So nice that i have friends who feel the same way as me ,sad that Christmas is over and looking forward to the next one already :smilecc: :snowwow: :elfgrin: Bless you all CAY friends especially with good health and those job situations xxx :smilecc:

Hi tinseltown! You're having an extended Christmas too -- like Kiwi & Tomtemor. Oh, such joy!

How wonderful you brought some extra joy into your friend's life. Being ill can drain a person's joy and you've given them a Christmas to remember. Bless your heart!

And yes, onward we countdown til Christmas 2013. It is always sad when it is over but there is joyful anticipation of next Christmas! :scene:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:58 pm

CandyKane wrote:I got a really sweet late Christmas present today. One of my Sunday School kiddos gave me a teacher 'doll' made out of handtowels. It's so cute. It's nice to be thought of. And I love getting Christmas gifts.....anytime of the year. :smilecc:

Well, you're part of the extended Christmas group here at CAY! Kiwi, Tomtemor & Tinseltown are right there with you. :D

Your gift will last a lifetime and everytime you look at the handtowel doll you'll remember that thoughtful caring kiddie! Now that's Christmas!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:42 pm

I hope you all get better soon. The flu/virus bugs are no Christmas present that we wish for.
Praying for rest and comfort for you all.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:44 pm

I am already looking forward to a Christmas in July celebration! I have the perfect ugly Christmas sweater t-shirt for that warm day (it was a gift from my brother- a shirt made to look like a Christmas sweater).
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:51 pm

Today we did a lot of cleaning around the house, putting away the rest of the Christmas decorations (my Christmas village is all actually downstairs still in the basement). It was sad, but I will be watching Christmas movies throughout the month as I didn't have time to watch them all before Christmas. I love watching movies in bed snuggled under the warm covers on my iPad.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:00 am

When I got home from work Friday, all the Christmas decorations were down and in boxes. :cry:
My wife got home earlier than I and just started right in without me.
I think she did it on purpose so I wouldn't try to talk her out of it.
Now the house looks bare. :shock: How glum.

We gotta come up with a way to make Christmas last a lot longer. Not just in OUR hearts, but in our surroundings also. I get an overwhelming sense of joy when I walk through the house when it's decorated.

For now, I will just try to recognize all the gifts God gives me everyday.
That too puts joy in my heart.
:D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:40 am

Christmas Crazy- I agree with you. I want to find a way to keep that Christmas spirit in my surroundings throughout the year. In the past I have kept things out the entire year- like a pine cone from that year's tree, or the angel from my late grandmother's Christmas trees. Those things always have me a sense of peace.

In my finished basement (lovingly referred to as "The Man Cave" by my girlfriend), I have a fake ficus tree that is decorated with white Christmas lights that will remain that way the entire year. I am toying with the idea of putting white Christmas lights along the edge o the ceiling all around the room as well. That will keep the room looking Christmassy (at least to some extent) all year long.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:15 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:I hope you all get better soon. The flu/virus bugs are no Christmas present that we wish for.
Praying for rest and comfort for you all.

Thank you so much, Christmas Crazy, for the healing wishes! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:16 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am already looking forward to a Christmas in July celebration! I have the perfect ugly Christmas sweater t-shirt for that warm day (it was a gift from my brother- a shirt made to look like a Christmas sweater).

:lol: :lol: How perfect Kiwi! I treasure my good Christmas sweaters, but even I have some from yesteryear that are a real doozy! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:18 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Today we did a lot of cleaning around the house, putting away the rest of the Christmas decorations (my Christmas village is all actually downstairs still in the basement). It was sad, but I will be watching Christmas movies throughout the month as I didn't have time to watch them all before Christmas. I love watching movies in bed snuggled under the warm covers on my iPad.

That's my DH's fave way to watch a Christmas movie. My preferred way is snuggled in the big lounger with kiddos and pets! Its crowded, but warm! :lol:

And we're enjoying the rest of Christmas lights still on timer. This virus is keeping me from housework, so we have more time with Christmasy glow! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:21 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:When I got home from work Friday, all the Christmas decorations were down and in boxes. :cry:
My wife got home earlier than I and just started right in without me.
I think she did it on purpose so I wouldn't try to talk her out of it.
Now the house looks bare. :shock: How glum.

We gotta come up with a way to make Christmas last a lot longer. Not just in OUR hearts, but in our surroundings also. I get an overwhelming sense of joy when I walk through the house when it's decorated.

For now, I will just try to recognize all the gifts God gives me everyday.
That too puts joy in my heart.
:D

Ah........sounds like your wife has the same M.O. as my DH. He's the first to want to pack up the items to have the task completed. Then he comments how plain/glum/boring the house looks - and misses the decorations too!

One way I keep Christmas alive is making atleast 1 Christmas scene with snowmen. That's 'winter' decorations.......the one on display now has a snowman holding a Christmas tree, children playing by him, and a rabbit & bird sitting on him. When feeling better, I'll add a short strand of white lights under the fake snow!

Of course when Spring comes, then flowers replace the winter decorations. But Christmas in July needs planning! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:22 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Christmas Crazy- I agree with you. I want to find a way to keep that Christmas spirit in my surroundings throughout the year. In the past I have kept things out the entire year- like a pine cone from that year's tree, or the angel from my late grandmother's Christmas trees. Those things always have me a sense of peace.

In my finished basement (lovingly referred to as "The Man Cave" by my girlfriend), I have a fake ficus tree that is decorated with white Christmas lights that will remain that way the entire year. I am toying with the idea of putting white Christmas lights along the edge o the ceiling all around the room as well. That will keep the room looking Christmassy (at least to some extent) all year long.

Christmas lights have a way of keeping the warm glow of Jesus' birth all around us the entire year. I like your ideas, Kiwi ...... and as it is your 'man cave' you can decorate to please your heart! Huge thumbs up! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:24 am

It's 12:22 AM here.........too uncomfortable to sleep.......so catching up at CAY to start my day off right.

Christmas lights on the tree, and wreaths, are still glowing. And that makes this heart gleam.

Have a wonderful Monday, ya'll, and keep singing Christmas carols in your heart! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:56 am

Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa La La La La, La La La La...
Christmas carols are still ringing in my head and heart. :singing:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:58 am

tinseltown wrote::elfgrin: Praying for those flu bugs to go quickly :rudolph1: Nice to hear the lights are still on your trees :smilecc: Last day tomorrow for mine . Had a last christmas feast today and will fit in a coffe tomorrow with a friend over from Sweden who is very ill . They will be returning to Lund to continue treatment for him so pray . Dads had a super time here and i wil be off to the uk with him in Febuary . He bought my daughter 2 christmas dvds but forgot to bring them so we will have 2 more to watch next christmas . Watched the christmas Shoes with Rob Lowe , what a weepy :cry: So nice that i have friends who feel the same way as me ,sad that Christmas is over and looking forward to the next one already :smilecc: :snowwow: :elfgrin: Bless you all CAY friends especially with good health and those job situations xxx :smilecc:

Wow, I actually know where Lund is......though I do not think I have been there. I took a few Christmas things down, the merry christmas cat banner that hung in the kitchen doorway and the mr and mrs santa curtain that hung in the bedroom doorway. Mainly I need my laundry rods back. But, they will be back for Christmas in July...........whether I am here or not remains to be seen. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:00 am

Noel+ wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Christmas Crazy- I agree with you. I want to find a way to keep that Christmas spirit in my surroundings throughout the year. In the past I have kept things out the entire year- like a pine cone from that year's tree, or the angel from my late grandmother's Christmas trees. Those things always have me a sense of peace.

Christmas lights have a way of keeping the warm glow of Jesus' birth all around us the entire year. I like your ideas, Kiwi ...... and as it is your 'man cave' you can decorate to please your heart! Huge thumbs up! :smilecc:

sounds great. My first boyfriend had trees with fake birds in them in the living room all year long. Christmas is always in the heart.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:43 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa La La La La, La La La La...
Christmas carols are still ringing in my head and heart. :singing:

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!
Carols still ringing in my soul too! :singing: :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter