2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Jolly O´Leary » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:15 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NfAqQqcoo4

For your Christmas in July viewing pleasure. This guy is really good!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
originally from San Antonio, Texas
Jolly O´Leary
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O´Leary » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:55 am

Christmas in July prayer:
O Almighty God, in Your holy child Jesus You gave us a great light to dawn on our darkness. Grant that in His light we may see light. Bestow upon us once again that most excellent Christmas gift of love to all people, so that the likeness of Your Son may be formed in us, and that we may have the ever brightening Hope of Everlasting Life, through Jesus Christ oru Savior, Amen. --author unknown. :nav1:

Jolly:
I just realized my christmas creche is still on top of the kitchen shelves. Glasses and things have been put in front of it. I might work a little harder this week on bringing it back to the front where it should be year round. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jolly O´Leary
Bulb Tester

Postby tinseltown » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Merry Christmas in July :smilecc: Lovely prayer Jolly :snowwow: Glad to hear things progressing Noel :smilecc: Blessings to you all :snowwow: :smilecc: :scene:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby Jolly O´Leary » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:04 pm

The kitchen is now decorated. The old christmas table cloth is on the table and the hawaiian tree is up. I decided my hawaiian looking scarf was too cute to use as a tree skirt so I will take it on the cruise for my dinner scarf. Then it can go around the little tree. Hopefully watching Christmas in July (1940) tonight. The Long Kiss Goodnight was on regular tv and though "technically" it takes place at Christmas, it was not something I wanted to go to sleep to. I am really enjoying having QVC in the bedroom. Unfortunately, the only things showing when we watch are the tree and lighting programs. I like the clothes and jewelry. Hubby was however impressed with the video watch. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jolly O´Leary
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Hobby Lobby has their Christmas trees out now.
I took this picture on Friday.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:53 pm

Hello CAY'ers,,,, Just back from the 2013 Ohio State Challenger League Jamboree in Fairfield, Ohio and had a great time with a great group of kids. Now, on to tomorrow, my two oldest start band camp which makes my wife and myself happy because we get back to a somewhat back to school schedule which means things get normal in our lives. When you live in a house with autism you pick up some of the things that your children have going on with them and for us that is routine, we have to have it. Anyway, we are happy that for us our summer is over and we get to focus on school starting and getting closer and closer to Christmas. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Hobby Lobby has their Christmas trees out now.
I took this picture on Friday.

Wow! I have seen Christmas trees displayed here in August but never in July. They are getting a big headstart on everybody. :scene:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:19 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Hello CAY'ers,,,, Just back from the 2013 Ohio State Challenger League Jamboree in Fairfield, Ohio and had a great time with a great group of kids. Now, on to tomorrow, my two oldest start band camp which makes my wife and myself happy because we get back to a somewhat back to school schedule which means things get normal in our lives. When you live in a house with autism you pick up some of the things that your children have going on with them and for us that is routine, we have to have it. Anyway, we are happy that for us our summer is over and we get to focus on school starting and getting closer and closer to Christmas. :smilecc:

Glad to see you ksrjreed! And really glad that things are going so well for your family. I really enjoy this time of year. The gradual buildup to Christmas is so exciting. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:23 pm

I have spent most of my evening making sharpie/alcohol tie-dye tshirts for my Sunday School kiddos. My original plan was to help them make them but this is just a little too involved for the ages that I have. I have made crosses and hearts and they have turned out much better than I thought. I make the outline with sharpie marker dots then drop alcohol with an eyedropper. I plan to make some Christmas trees later on. The extra shirts are gonna be packed in our Operation Christmas Child boxes. :D

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Prayers for my dear Christmas friend Noel! Hope the house repairs are coming along quickly. :holly1:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:47 am

Happy Monday Christmas buddies! We are getting a thunderstorm this morning. I could so back to sleep if I didn't have so much to do. Hope everyone has a great day! :smilecc:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O´Leary » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:11 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSuV4PF5d_0
For your Christmas in July viewing pleasure. Hemming hubby´s pants today again. I am sure Mrs. Claus is a MUCH better seamstress than this Christmas elf.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jolly O´Leary
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O´Leary » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:19 am

Watching Call Me Claus to make the hemming go faster. It is too Christmas cute.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jolly O´Leary
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:27 pm

CandyKane wrote:Happy Monday Christmas buddies! We are getting a thunderstorm this morning. I could so back to sleep if I didn't have so much to do. Hope everyone has a great day! :smilecc:

Happy Monday CandyKane!!!
I hope all my Christmas friends are having a great day also.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:40 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Hello CAY'ers,,,, Just back from the 2013 Ohio State Challenger League Jamboree in Fairfield, Ohio and had a great time with a great group of kids. Now, on to tomorrow, my two oldest start band camp which makes my wife and myself happy because we get back to a somewhat back to school schedule which means things get normal in our lives. When you live in a house with autism you pick up some of the things that your children have going on with them and for us that is routine, we have to have it. Anyway, we are happy that for us our summer is over and we get to focus on school starting and getting closer and closer to Christmas. :smilecc:

Hello ksrjreed! Glad to see you again Christmas friend.

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O´Leary » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:19 pm

Hello ksrjreed! I have a little cousin who was diagnosed with autism. I am learning it is not what I thought it was. Looking forward to all your Christmas posts. Merry Christmas in July!
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jolly O´Leary
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Merry Christmas in July Jolly!!!

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:01 pm

Got any Muppets fans on your Christmas shopping list? The Walmart website has a cute Gonzo bendable plush for $5. I just ordered one for my nephew. :shop:

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:36 am

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas!!!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O´Leary » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:38 am

Merry Tinsel Tuesday Christmas Crazy! I am trying to determine if our cruise line has any other "official" photo ops other than when you walk in. You know. all hot and bothered from standing in line and getting there on public transport. We would like one of those tacky tourist photos with the ships name, etc but after we have cooled down and changed for dinner. I told Perky, the cruise line is missing something there. I bet alot more people would buy them if they turned out better. They would make great Christmas presents.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jolly O´Leary
Bulb Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter