2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:14 am

:elfgrin:
mistletoe misfit wrote:
Tomtemor wrote:Mistletoe Misfit,

Usually by the middle of November our family room tree is up and by the beginning of December our Living room tree is up, then we get our real tree a week or two before Christmas. I have to decorate gradually or I will overwhelm my poor hubby who would prefer everything Christmas not to begin until December 1st. But we compromised years ago on November 1st. Although he conveniently forgets that EVERY year! :laugh:

Ex husband was the original grinch so christmas in general was always a battle. My beautiful second-chance husband is as crazy as I am, so he is up for anything. I just have to decide what I want. Swedish tradition is to put up the tree on dec. 23 and I find I like the anticipation of waiting. But, I am not sure we have room. We bought one of those huge cat "trees" that takes up so much space that the stuff that was where the cat tree now is, is where the christmas tree would have gone and we had to struggle to make that much room. Not even sure I will bother having a tree. Swedish trees are small, sparsely decorated, and always a disappointment that i do not have room to bring out all I brought with me from the US. So, I have finally embraced the "less is more" strategy and only putting out a few but significant things. Since I am unemployed I have more time. We wound up leaving the "christmas curtains" up until fall since they were a generic red checked pattern. We have more authentic ones from my deceased mother in law (whom I never met) but they are in the closet and need ironing. This could be a good year to do that. One has less time but more money when one is employed. :elfgrin:

Once in the US I saw a "half tree" that hangs on the wall, that would be perfect.

When do you start playing christmas music and movies "all christmas all the time"? That I usually wait until the day after American thanksgiving. The first "official movie of the season" must be Miracle on 34th Street. :holly1:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:30 am

Christmas music is played all the time now when I am alone, sometimes while the kiddies are here and occasionally I "forget" and have it playing it when hubby is home. I also started to listen while driving in the car.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 am

Well it truly is starting to feel like Christmas now. Listening to Christmas carols, sipping on egg nog and what do I spy outside my window but a few scattered snowflakes. :scene:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:37 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Christmas music is played all the time now when I am alone, sometimes while the kiddies are here and occasionally I "forget" and have it playing it when hubby is home. I also started to listen while driving in the car.

I have an mp3 by the bed with christmas music year round. And thanks to Christmas Crazy have adopted Friday Christmases for housecleaning. I have a friend who watches a christmas movie or listens to a CD every 25th of the month, but sometimes that escapes me.

So where do you put your real tree? I can´t have one due to allergies. But I am also remembering that many swedes put their trees on the balcony, probably both for asthetic and space reasons. That might be an idea..........We also got one of those Santa´s on a rope for the balcony last year. We saw one in Belgium literally hanging off the balcony, but I am afraid he would fly away in the heavy nordic winds (we are 7 floors up and have had books blown off the shelves if the window is open). I don´t want to lose him. :santa:

I need to find out how to post pictures. Would a photobucket account help? I think that is free. Then I can post pics of the swedish "advent garden" that goes in the middle of the table.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:41 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:Well it truly is starting to feel like Christmas now. Listening to Christmas carols, sipping on egg nog and what do I spy outside my window but a few scattered snowflakes. :scene:

sounds Christmas perfect. We are back to what I call "San Antonio" winter, 40´s and damp. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Tomtemor wrote:
mistletoe misfit wrote:Christmas music is played all the time now when I am alone, sometimes while the kiddies are here and occasionally I "forget" and have it playing it when hubby is home. I also started to listen while driving in the car.

I have an mp3 by the bed with christmas music year round. And thanks to Christmas Crazy have adopted Friday Christmases for housecleaning. I have a friend who watches a christmas movie or listens to a CD every 25th of the month, but sometimes that escapes me.

So where do you put your real tree? I can´t have one due to allergies. But I am also remembering that many swedes put their trees on the balcony, probably both for asthetic and space reasons. That might be an idea..........We also got one of those Santa´s on a rope for the balcony last year. We saw one in Belgium literally hanging off the balcony, but I am afraid he would fly away in the heavy nordic winds (we are 7 floors up and have had books blown off the shelves if the window is open). I don´t want to lose him. :santa:

I need to find out how to post pictures. Would a photobucket account help? I think that is free. Then I can post pics of the swedish "advent garden" that goes in the middle of the table.

Yes, photobucket is what I use when I share pictures here and it is free. I would love to see your advent garden and Santa on a rope I don't think I have seen either one before. :smilecc:

Our real Christmas tree goes in our dining room, which usually means our table gets pushed partly into our living room.We have an open concept living, dining,and kitchen. So we have 2 trees in basically one area. People think I am crazy for having 2 trees on the main floor and one downstairs. But I like how different they all are. :scene:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:06 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:Well it truly is starting to feel like Christmas now. Listening to Christmas carols, sipping on egg nog and what do I spy outside my window but a few scattered snowflakes. :scene:

:snowwow: Oh how I miss the snow. I look forward to the possibility of seeing it when we go to Indiana for Christmas. Stay warm MM.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Holiday Favorites:
November 2nd:
Today I am thankful for my husband. He's totally fine with me listening to Christmas music in October. He doesn't think twice about my Christmas in July or Charlie Brown parties. If I wanted to put my tree up today, he'd help me clear a spot. He's game for whatever I want to do. And he's super cute ;)

Tomtemor: This is a quote from someone on one of my other holiday forums but describes my beautiful husband perfectly. We were talking about putting the tree on the balcony and decorating it while we were shopping tonight,even bought one of those light balls and some Christmas lights!. :gbhouse: :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:21 pm

As the old saying goes "Wonders never cease" Well about a half an hour ago my DH came in after work singing "Let it Snow,Let it Snow, Let it Snow" I think after all of these years I am finally wearing him down. :laugh: He rarely sings a tune and never a Christmas tune. I am still recovering from the shock. :lol:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:25 am

Mee too, MM. I have Christmas cds in my car, and DirecTv has their own holiday sonic music channel! In between tv commercials, I switch to the Christmas music!

Some of it is a hoot!

Daddy looks alot like Santa or Santa looks alot like Daddy - country Bill Owens
Jingle Bells by Fats Domino
Lazy by Bing Crosby
Hallelujah by TSO

Makes me laugh and smile all day! :singing:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:25 am

Please send some pre-Christmas snow in our way! Its' 90F today. :snowwow:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:26 am

mistletoe misfit wrote:As the old saying goes "Wonders never cease" Well about a half an hour ago my DH came in after work singing "Let it Snow,Let it Snow, Let it Snow" I think after all of these years I am finally wearing him down. :laugh: He rarely sings a tune and never a Christmas tune. I am still recovering from the shock. :lol:

Well, atleast he's singing! My DH grimaces - "Christmas :snowwow: music in NOvember he whinces!" I'll never give up on him!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:20 am

Noel+ wrote:

Mee too, MM. I have Christmas cds in my car, and DirecTv has their own holiday sonic music channel! In between tv commercials, I switch to the Christmas music!

Some of it is a hoot!

Daddy looks alot like Santa or Santa looks alot like Daddy - country Bill Owens
Jingle Bells by Fats Domino
Lazy by Bing Crosby
Hallelujah by TSO

Makes me laugh and smile all day! :singing:

I haven't heard Santa Looks A Lot Like Daddy in a few Christmases. That one is a hoot! I don't recall Bing's Lazy. HMMMM, I will have to search for it and listen to it . :smilecc:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:29 am

Noel+ wrote:
mistletoe misfit wrote:As the old saying goes "Wonders never cease" Well about a half an hour ago my DH came in after work singing "Let it Snow,Let it Snow, Let it Snow" I think after all of these years I am finally wearing him down. :laugh: He rarely sings a tune and never a Christmas tune. I am still recovering from the shock. :lol:

Well, atleast he's singing! My DH grimaces - "Christmas :snowwow: music in NOvember he whinces!" I'll never give up on him!

That is usually my DH's response as well. Christmas starts on December 1st he says. I think he was just trying to leave me speechless, which is hard to do and which he succeeded at. :lol:
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:06 am

Too Christmas cute! :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:01 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

Too Christmas cute! :scene:

Sounds like another Christmas All Year convert happening. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Noel+ wrote:

Please send some pre-Christmas snow in our way! Its' 90F today. :snowwow:

Oh Noel, I can't imagine living in that much warmth thru Fall and Winter. It wouldn't seem like the Christmas season.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:04 am

I started my Christmas shopping today! We also bought our Christmas cards and wrapping paper. It was an exciting g shopping day and it was 35 degrees F out.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:05 am

I have DirectTV this year, so I will definitely have to check out the Sonic holiday music channel!!! Chritmas tunes are definitely being played on the way to work tomorrow! :singing:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:07 am

A visit to my favorite store, The Christmas Loft, is definitely in order ASAP!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter