2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Merry Christmas (in July) to our my fellow CAYer's,,,,I haven't been on here for a few days so let me play catch up. Wednesday night was fantastic, our youth group loved the Christmas in July, they loved the fact we played music and the crafts.

Today has been a crazy Friday and I am excited for the fact that I have a Saturday where nothing is scheduled, haven't had one of these since last August. Hope everyone enjoys their Friday evening. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Jolly O´Leary » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:45 am

ksrjreed wrote:Merry Christmas (in July) to our my fellow CAYer's,,,,I haven't been on here for a few days so let me play catch up. Wednesday night was fantastic, our youth group loved the Christmas in July, they loved the fact we played music and the crafts.

Today has been a crazy Friday and I am excited for the fact that I have a Saturday where nothing is scheduled, haven't had one of these since last August. Hope everyone enjoys their Friday evening. :smilecc:

Glad you had a great Christmas in July celebration. It sounds fun! I bought two things on the cruise that were christmas themed. a refridgerator magnet that is "christmas in mumminland". Mummins are Swedish/Finnish cartoon characters that look like hippos. And I got a santa with a finnish flag as a cell phone "dingle" --not sure what they are called. Perky said he can put it on my Christmas mp3 so I always know which is which. Now THAT is smart. Too hot to do much celebrating today. We had Pineapple Raisin oatmeal with tropical parfait for breakfast and will have ham stir fry tonight. Too hot to get any more ambitious. I am sure looking forward to that peppermint ice cream. :dinner:
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
originally from San Antonio, Texas
Jolly O´Leary
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O´Leary » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:20 pm

All my Christmas friends must be out celebrating today. We just finished the hawaiian ham stir fry and it was great! looking forward to that peppermint ice cream.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jolly O´Leary
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:49 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D4HSagDY4c

watching some christmas in july videos on youtube. This one is really cute. I am seeing more and more churches getting into the act since I started researching in 2002. Judging by the accents, this one is probably Australian or New zealand where christmas in july is a big deal.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:00 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=916&p=22624#p22624

Interesting video about the australian christmas in july. I would love to take a real christmas in july cruise there. It is on my bucket list.
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Jolly O´Leary » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:20 am

Merry Sunday Christmas in July! It is "undecorating" day and time to pack it all away until December. As unfortunately often happens, this has been the hottest time this summer which puts a definite damper on a "celebratory mood" mostly we just want to lie in bed and squirt ourselves with the water bottles. Perky still has 4 more Christmas beers and we have enough Christmas coffee for Christmas in August. Woohoo! Hope all my Christmas friends had a lovely celebration. I look forward to hearing all about it.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jolly O´Leary
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Merry Sunday Christmas in July Jolly. With you being from Texas, it's funny to hear you talk about hot days in Stockholm. But as with most things, temperature IS relative. Try not to be too sad about "undecorating". It will make decorating in December that much more special.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:10 pm

Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:Merry Sunday Christmas in July Jolly. With you being from Texas, it's funny to hear you talk about hot days in Stockholm. But as with most things, temperature IS relative. Try not to be too sad about "undecorating". It will make decorating in December that much more special.

possibly, but there is AC in Texas. there is very little in Sweden, thus no relief from the heat. Watching Chill Out Scooby Doo and trying to thinl cool Christmas thoughts. :snowwow:
Jennifer Lundgren

Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:44 am

Wish I could send you some of our Ohio weather, Jennifer! We set a record LOW temperature this morning! 54 degree low! On July 29th! This weather here is REALLY putting me in a mood for Autumn and Christmas! I am ready to bring my Scentsy warmer to work with my apple-y fall scents just to get my fill! I have been listening to my Christmas music station on my Pandora, but I was getting a little bored with it, so I started looking around. And I got so excited about what I found! I have an app called TuneIn Radio, and on there, they have a whole bunch of old-time-radio channels. Even an Old Time Christmas Radio channel!!!! All old time Christmas radio, all the time!The likes of Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, etc....it is so awesome! Been listening to it all weekend! Comedy shows, singing, old time commercials and everything, I love it!! Also, last weekend I went on a Mother-Daughter adult weekend with my mom, sister, 2 aunts, my cousin, and my Grandma. We went to Nashville, IN (just a little over an hour away from home) and spent the weekend in a beautiful, rustic cabin with a GORGEOUS view! Walked around downtown Nashville and checked out all of the shops, did some shopping and had a GREAT TIME! Then back at the cabin, we all worked on our crafts. I started my very first quilt! A Christmas-y one of course! Just last night I finished the quilt top!
My first quilt.jpg
I'm so excited to start hand-quilting it!
I'm feeling so happy and positive right now! :peekleaves2:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O´Leary » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:56 am

That looks really great! I love OTR. I ordered several disks from Otrcat.com before I came to Sweden and look forward to getting some more after regular paychecks start rolling in. I have both an Ipod and a Galaxy tab so I will look for that app. I found alot of Family Radio Theatre on iTunes you can download for free. I will use the "all christmas all the time" mp3 until Christmas in August when it will be put away until November when all becomes "new" again. I have Perky load it so I never know what will be on it as an added "surprise". We have several OTR disks of christmas shows. They are really great! We watched Rudolph and Frosty´s Christmas in JUly this weekend with Harold Peary (sp) as the whale.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jolly O´Leary
Bulb Tester

Postby jlcarey » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks! This is my first venture into real old time radio...but the Tunein Radio app is great for it! If you can stream, then there are a ton of stations available with it, and it's completely FREE!! I only saw the one Christmas Old Time Radio station, but I haven't had to venture out to look further because this one is fantastic! So if you get the app, all you have to do is click the search button and put in old time radio, and it comes up with a whole list of stations, it is great! I sound like I'm advertising for them, but I swear I'm not! It is just putting me in such a holiday mood! How do you put it away in August until November??? That would kill me! That is the time when I start REALLY wanting to listen to Christmas stuff!!
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:31 am

jlcarey wrote:Wish I could send you some of our Ohio weather, Jennifer! We set a record LOW temperature this morning! 54 degree low! On July 29th! This weather here is REALLY putting me in a mood for Autumn and Christmas! I am ready to bring my Scentsy warmer to work with my apple-y fall scents just to get my fill! I have been listening to my Christmas music station on my Pandora, but I was getting a little bored with it, so I started looking around. And I got so excited about what I found! I have an app called TuneIn Radio, and on there, they have a whole bunch of old-time-radio channels. Even an Old Time Christmas Radio channel!!!! All old time Christmas radio, all the time!The likes of Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, etc....it is so awesome! Been listening to it all weekend! Comedy shows, singing, old time commercials and everything, I love it!! Also, last weekend I went on a Mother-Daughter adult weekend with my mom, sister, 2 aunts, my cousin, and my Grandma. We went to Nashville, IN (just a little over an hour away from home) and spent the weekend in a beautiful, rustic cabin with a GORGEOUS view! Walked around downtown Nashville and checked out all of the shops, did some shopping and had a GREAT TIME! Then back at the cabin, we all worked on our crafts. I started my very first quilt! A Christmas-y one of course! Just last night I finished the quilt top!
My first quilt.jpg
I'm so excited to start hand-quilting it!
I'm feeling so happy and positive right now! :peekleaves2:

Your quilt will be a treasured family heirloom for many Christmas' to come. It is beautiful!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:42 am

Thank you so much!! I am very happy with how it turned out! Of course, not all of the corners match up just right, and some things are a little crooked, but hey, it's my first quilt! The fabrics in it were bought as a bundle from a listing on yardsellr, except for the red polka dot and white fabrics used as borders. My mom and I picked those up last week. What you may not be able to tell is that the white fabric has white holly leaves on it! Thought that was perfect to go with it!. Now I just have to pick up the batting and cut the back piece, and I can start quilting it. And BTW, the red polka dot fabric will be used for the binding...I just can't wait to get it finished! I've been wanting to learn to quilt for quite a while now, I can crochet, and sew and cross stitch, and am learning to knit...quilting was the last one on my list! I finally just decided to quit wanting to learn and just learn by doing! So of course my first one HAD to be a Christmas quilt! And I love the whimsical Christmas colors too, not just red and green but the lime green and also pink and baby blue...I love it! My son was already wanting to sleep with it last night after I finished the top...he is 5, so explaining to him why he couldn't was NOT easy! lol
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:53 am

jlcarey wrote:Thanks! This is my first venture into real old time radio...but the Tunein Radio app is great for it! If you can stream, then there are a ton of stations available with it, and it's completely FREE!! I only saw the one Christmas Old Time Radio station, but I haven't had to venture out to look further because this one is fantastic! So if you get the app, all you have to do is click the search button and put in old time radio, and it comes up with a whole list of stations, it is great! I sound like I'm advertising for them, but I swear I'm not! It is just putting me in such a holiday mood! How do you put it away in August until November??? That would kill me! That is the time when I start REALLY wanting to listen to Christmas stuff!!

I'm downloading the Tune In Radio app right now. I can't wait to listen the Christmas OTR.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Just Sayin'
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:29 pm

I'm downloading the Tune In Radio app right now. I can't wait to listen the Christmas OTR.

Sooo....did you find it??? Do you like it??!! Old Time Christmas radio!! What's not to love, right?!! :whistle: :merrysleigh:
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby Jolly O´Leary » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:32 pm

jlcarey wrote:Thanks! This is my first venture into real old time radio...but the Tunein Radio app is great for it! If you can stream, then there are a ton of stations available with it, and it's completely FREE!! I only saw the one Christmas Old Time Radio station, but I haven't had to venture out to look further because this one is fantastic! So if you get the app, all you have to do is click the search button and put in old time radio, and it comes up with a whole list of stations, it is great! I sound like I'm advertising for them, but I swear I'm not! It is just putting me in such a holiday mood! How do you put it away in August until November??? That would kill me! That is the time when I start REALLY wanting to listen to Christmas stuff!!

I have two mp3´s (well, more now with "upgrades") but I use two consistently. One has regular stuff on it, music, Otr, etc uploaded from the computer. The other is "all christmas all the time". I just bought a cell phone charm of Santa with a Finnish flag (we went to Åbo a few days ago) to attach to the christmas one so I know which is which without turning them on. I put one in the drawer and use one. I prefer the ones that run on batteries rather then recharge from the computer (batteries are easier to carry with you). So occassionally the regular one runs out if I listen at night and I "have" to bring out the christmas one. But mostly, I put it away in August to rebuild the excitement of bringing it out again in November. :elfgrin:

I also often feel like I advertise for otrcat.com, but the guy who runs it is really nice and the quality is really good. I talked to him on the phone several times before I came here because I was ordering so much stuff. For some reason, I was afraid I would never hear English again.
Jennifer Lundgren
Stockholm, Sweden
Jolly O´Leary
Bulb Tester

Postby Christmas Crazy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:20 pm

jlcarey wrote:

Sooo....did you find it??? Do you like it??!! Old Time Christmas radio!! What's not to love, right?!! :whistle: :merrysleigh:

I did find it. I got to listen to the ending of "Miracle on 34th Street" during lunch.
I love the Christmas movie!!!
I'll listen again soon when I get a chance.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby jlcarey » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Awesome! Glad you like it! I just listened to "Miracle on 34th Street" the other day! One of my FAVORITE Christmas movies!!

Also, for anyone with a smartphone or a device that can use live wallpapers, I found the prettiest live wallpaper. I found it in the Google Play store. It is called 3D Xmas LW Free (*gasp, Xmas!! sacrilege, I know!! :lol: ) but it is SO pretty! It is a 3d live wallpaper, it has a swirly sort-of tree made out of shining gold star thingies (sorry I don't have a word for them!), and it spins around it in a 3d environment, then after a minute it goes to a Christmas countdown made out of the same gold sparkly star thingies, and gives you the days, hours, minutes, seconds countdown!! It is so pretty!! I wish I could take a picture with my phone, but seeing as it is ON my phone, I can't! Egad! Anyway, if you have an android phone it is in the Google Play store, or it may even be available for others, I'm not sure. It doesn't really kill my battery like most other live wallpapers do, and it is a gorgeous wallpaper! That is all. :holly1:
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter