2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby ksrjreed » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:57 am

Hope all my fellow CAYer's are having a great Wednesday. Going to be a busy one for me today, trying to get some housework done before I head off to work for what is a weird schedule for me today. I have plenty of Christmas spirit in my heart today and that alone should be enough to get me through today. Hope to come home after work and watch some Christmas movies and just enjoy the evening. I need to work on my blueprints for my outside display (and yes, every guy has some sort of blueprint for their outside Christmas light display) so I can get that up and running within the next few weeks. Hope to talk later today. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Has anyone seen Christmas decorations lit up at a house yet? :gbhouse:
I have not. But I know it won't be long.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:36 pm

Actually, a few days before Halloween I saw a GIANT inflatable Santa Claus in someone's front yard. Does that count?
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:38 pm

After a really long day at work, I saw Christmas candles lit up in someone's windows on my street. I was listening to Christmas music while driving by. A great end to the day! :scene:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:43 pm

My family has used Christmas crackers for the last several years. Ours usually come from TJ Maxx. Ha! It was something started by my brothers wife (from England). After we "pop" the poppers we wear the crowns and play the Christmas songs on the whistles found in the poppers. It is a ton of fun and VERY funny!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:45 pm

I was so excited this past weekend when we went into the Christmas section at Target. We picked out some great cards, wrapping paper, boxes, and bows. I guess I need to get going on the shopping for gifts. :shop:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:46 pm

It is not going to be quite the same Christmas without Andy Williams this year. Rest in peace.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Accuholidays is also a great source for Christmas music online.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:59 am

ksrjreed wrote:Hope all my fellow CAYer's are having a great Wednesday. Going to be a busy one for me today, trying to get some housework done before I head off to work for what is a weird schedule for me today. I have plenty of Christmas spirit in my heart today and that alone should be enough to get me through today. Hope to come home after work and watch some Christmas movies and just enjoy the evening. I need to work on my blueprints for my outside display (and yes, every guy has some sort of blueprint for their outside Christmas light display) so I can get that up and running within the next few weeks. Hope to talk later today. :smilecc:

Hope your day was a good one ksrjreed and your Christmas lighting plan is quickly developing! :gbhouse:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:Has anyone seen Christmas decorations lit up at a house yet? :gbhouse:
I have not. But I know it won't be long.

Oh, no it is way to early in the southwest for Christmas lights. It's light at 8pm! :gbhouse:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:After a really long day at work, I saw Christmas candles lit up in someone's windows on my street. I was listening to Christmas music while driving by. A great end to the day! :scene:

When I lived in the midwest, we always had candles in the windows as a welcoming sign. At Christmas we just added some greens! :holly1:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:01 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:It is not going to be quite the same Christmas without Andy Williams this year. Rest in peace.

Yes we bought another one of his Christmas dvds just for the memorries! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby mistletoe misfit » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:51 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Accuholidays is also a great source for Christmas music online.

:smilecc: Accuholidays is the online Christmas music I listen to as well. I really enjoy the different choices. Plus we live in the country and don't have the greatest of internet, the other ones I have tried have too much advertising and and I get too much buffering.
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Pretjah » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:17 pm

had off from work on tuesday - so my wife and I put up our christmas train village...i'll post pictures later.

i'm off from work on monday and have no weekend days open (stuff planned for every one) through the beginning of december so the Wife and I are gonna put the tree up on Monday.

it's a bit early usually we do it the weekend before thanksgiving so it's up and the house is decorated while i'm watching the macy's thanksgiving day parade. but oh well i'll enjoy it.
Pretjah
Toy Maker

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:43 pm

Hello CAYer's,

Enjoying a relaxing day at home. The Mrs. had to take our littlest one to a doctors appointment at Cincinnati Children's Hospital, which is a 3 1/2 hour drive from our home so I am home by myself, before anyone asks, I don't go to doctor's appointments when it deals with the children because I don't exactly get along with doctors, but who does when it is your child they are talking about. Now, to answer the question about Christmas lights in people's homes, my house has been lit up since the middle of October so I see them every night, once again I have Christmas music playing on my slacker radion app on my phone as I do some more house cleaning, I find I can do the industrial cleaning while the wife is gone (industrial as in throwing away things that I don't see as important to keep but she might). I find my Christmas spirit growing each day as we get closer and closer to Christmas. Hope everyone has a great day out there and keeps Christmas in their heart. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby tinseltown » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi everyone my facebook page had loads of Christmas posts up tonight , it feels as the rest of the world is joining us once again :smilecc: Im gearing up to clean and get things ready before decs go up ,so excited :smilecc: Need to get this pesky tooth finished with first so i can really start to relax . Watched the film Serendipity tonight which has some lovely christmas scenes in it . I will be scanning the neighbourhood on my early morning prayer walks for christmas decs but already saw one last week . Be blessed :D :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby jlcarey » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:41 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Accuholidays is also a great source for Christmas music online.

:smilecc: Accuholidays is the online Christmas music I listen to as well. I really enjoy the different choices. Plus we live in the country and don't have the greatest of internet, the other ones I have tried have too much advertising and and I get too much buffering.

Ahh, MM, I forgot about AccuHolidays!! Thanks for reminding me! Got a few Christmas dec's up at work...taking a little flak from the co-workers but not too much! A couple of them are Christmas lovers just like me and love them! Can't wait to put up the lights, they'll really love that!! ;)
jlcarey
Bulb Tester

Postby ksrjreed » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:32 pm

I think I have officially hit the wall with any type of house work, the wife did a little Christmas shopping while in Cincinnati today so I know I am knocking some more items off the list,,,,,just don't know what yet. Hope everyone had a great day and I will talk again tomorrow. :smilecc:

ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 pm

I want to put up one of those USB powered mini Christmas trees on my desk at work. :treewiggle:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:01 pm

I am at a Tech conference today and tomorrow in the mountains of Killington, Vt. The snow is falling and the world feels Christmasy.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter