2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2013: 2300 Posts til Christmas

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:45 am

Tomtemor wrote:
Noel+ wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Christmas Crazy- I agree with you. I want to find a way to keep that Christmas spirit in my surroundings throughout the year. In the past I have kept things out the entire year- like a pine cone from that year's tree, or the angel from my late grandmother's Christmas trees. Those things always have me a sense of peace.

In my finished basement (lovingly referred to as "The Man Cave" by my girlfriend), I have a fake ficus tree that is decorated with white Christmas lights that will remain that way the entire year. I am toying with the idea of putting white Christmas lights along the edge o the ceiling all around the room as well. That will keep the room looking Christmassy (at least to some extent) all year long.

Christmas lights have a way of keeping the warm glow of Jesus' birth all around us the entire year. I like your ideas, Kiwi ...... and as it is your 'man cave' you can decorate to please your heart! Huge thumbs up! :smilecc:

sounds great. My first boyfriend had trees with fake birds in them in the living room all year long. Christmas is always in the heart.

In Spring/Summer I have battery-operated floral wreaths in the living & great rooms. The lights blinking keep the room lit at night and offer a reminder of Christmas glow! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:45 am

Well, no sleep tonight....I have aches/pains where I didn't know I had bones, muscles, tendons or ligments! :lol:

My cure? Christmas carols!!! :singing: :balloons:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby tinseltown » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:43 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:When I got home from work Friday, all the Christmas decorations were down and in boxes. :cry:
My wife got home earlier than I and just started right in without me.
I think she did it on purpose so I wouldn't try to talk her out of it.
Now the house looks bare. :shock: How glum.

We gotta come up with a way to make Christmas last a lot longer. Not just in OUR hearts, but in our surroundings also. I get an overwhelming sense of joy when I walk through the house when it's decorated.

For now, I will just try to recognize all the gifts God gives me everyday.
That too puts joy in my heart.
:D
Amen ! I feel the same way Christmas Crazy :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Noel+ wrote:It's 12:22 AM here.........too uncomfortable to sleep.......so catching up at CAY to start my day off right.

Christmas lights on the tree, and wreaths, are still glowing. And that makes this heart gleam.

Have a wonderful Monday, ya'll, and keep singing Christmas carols in your heart! :singing:

Bless you Noel and i pray you will be refreshed and restored very quickly :D
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Noel+ wrote:
Christmas Crazy wrote:Tis the season to be jolly,
Fa La La La La, La La La La...
Christmas carols are still ringing in my head and heart. :singing:

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!
Carols still ringing in my soul too! :singing: :D

So Lovely to hear that :singing:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Although it is not complete, here is the start to my Christmas page.
https://sites.google.com/site/xmassean/

Please take a look and give me suggestions, observations, etc. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:22 am

tinseltown wrote:
Noel+ wrote:It's 12:22 AM here.........too uncomfortable to sleep.......so catching up at CAY to start my day off right.

Christmas lights on the tree, and wreaths, are still glowing. And that makes this heart gleam.

Have a wonderful Monday, ya'll, and keep singing Christmas carols in your heart! :singing:

Bless you Noel and i pray you will be refreshed and restored very quickly :D

Thank you tinseltown -- and praying your Christmas blessings last the year through! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:28 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Although it is not complete, here is the start to my Christmas page.

Please take a look and give me suggestions, observations, etc. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Your page looks very nice kiwi. Loved the pictures on your blog. When I'm feeling better I'll take a more thorough tour of the site. Just loved the 25 tips to enjoy Christmas all year long! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:30 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Although it is not complete, here is the start to my Christmas page.

countdown to Christmas in July?

Tinseltown, how about a USB christmas tree? I have one that is relatively simple, it changes "glows" every few second and is not too.....gaudy. This year, I am also leaving out the nativity set until Easter. My mother did that growing up, the first year by accident, then afterwards deliberately. :nav1:

I am taking down a thing or two a day, doing it slowly, then it does not feel like such a shock. Yesterday I washed the "vintage" christmas table cloth that belonged to hubby´s mother (I never knew her). I am happy to say it survived and if we emigrate will definitely go with us. We were discussing an appropriate "end of christmas" movie, any suggestions? Does anyone have an "end of season" tradition? Other than popcorn and hot choclate after we take down the tree (our tiny tree will not take long), I cannot come up with anything. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:15 am

Great web site kiwi!
Never can have too much Christmas on the web. :D
I added it to my bookmarks.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Well done site looks great . Maybe with the christmas shopping you could give tips on buying things in from the summer that dont spoil and stocking up on wines etc so its not so hard on the pocket in December . Loved the music :singing:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby tinseltown » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:57 pm

Tomtemor wrote:

countdown to Christmas in July?

Tinseltown, how about a USB christmas tree? I have one that is relatively simple, it changes "glows" every few second and is not too.....gaudy. This year, I am also leaving out the nativity set until Easter. My mother did that growing up, the first year by accident, then afterwards deliberately. :nav1:

I am taking down a thing or two a day, doing it slowly, then it does not feel like such a shock. Yesterday I washed the "vintage" christmas table cloth that belonged to hubby´s mother (I never knew her). I am happy to say it survived and if we emigrate will definitely go with us. We were discussing an appropriate "end of christmas" movie, any suggestions? Does anyone have an "end of season" tradition? Other than popcorn and hot choclate after we take down the tree (our tiny tree will not take long), I cannot come up with anything. :scene:

Thanks for the tip tomtemor . Glad your table cloth survived . My decs came down today and the house looks so bare but a little tree would keep some of that christmas glow . Cant wait to trim up again , roll in november :smilecc: Great idea with the nativity until Easter too :smilecc:
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby kiwidogy_max » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:54 am

Tinseltown- thank you for the comments on the picture blog. I will definitely add your suggestions to the Christmas shopping tips section!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:08 am

Your Christmas site looks great Kiwi! When I get more time I will go over everything. I look forward to your blog posts and pictures. :smilecc:

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby CandyKane » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:25 am

So is anyone doing the 52 Week Money Challenge? I have started it. It looks like a neat way to save for Christmas. :D

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmastime.”

― Laura Ingalls Wilder
CandyKane
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:27 am

CandyKane wrote:So is anyone doing the 52 Week Money Challenge? I have started it. It looks like a neat way to save for Christmas. :D

what is this? Saving for christmas is always a good idea. :shop:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:38 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:

Great web site kiwi!
Never can have too much Christmas on the web. :D
I added it to my bookmarks.

Oh, I added it to my Christmas bookmarks the other day! Sorry I forgot to mention that bit of cheer! :oops:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:40 pm

CandyKane wrote:So is anyone doing the 52 Week Money Challenge? I have started it. It looks like a neat way to save for Christmas. :D

Yes........my DH is in full charge of the Christmas savings! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:41 pm

Well, we're still fighting this post-Christmas flu virus. This is my first time out of bed in 25 hours! Needed to call in family to help with the kiddies. Just checking in with my CAY friends and hoping you're all healthy, safe and having fun!

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:14 pm

I hear on the news that this flu virus has hit a lot of people since Christmas.
They also reported it could last a long time since it's only January. (possibly through March) Image
Last edited by Christmas Crazy on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter