2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:15 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:Accuholidays is also a great source for Christmas music online.

Which Christmas channel do you listen to? :think:
I haven't found one I like yet.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:17 pm

kiwidogy_max wrote:I am at a Tech conference today and tomorrow in the mountains of Killington, Vt. The snow is falling and the world feels Christmasy.

:flake: I am so jealous! I hope I see snow around Christmas time. :flake:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:49 am

Old-Fashioned Christmas is one Iike on Accuholidays
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:11 am

Happy Friday and we are one more Friday closer to Christmas!

I noticed my swedish christmas group is having a pre-Christmas celebration tonight.

http://tomtarojul.wordpress.com/2012/11 ... christmas/

They have summaries of the announcements in English. I notice they do not say where or where, but they are based in southern sweden. But it is a nice idea. Hubby and I are going on our 5th anniversary celebration cruise tomorrow which is almost as fun as Christmas!

I almost forgot to mention that I found some christmas themed hand soap this week! Now, this may not seem like such a big deal to most of you (not sure about Canada), but such "frivolities" are new to the swedish market. I got some orange/clove scented soap for the bathroom. I do not need personal christmas presents at all, its the little novelties that make the season fun. :scene:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:14 am

Tomtemor wrote:Happy Friday and we are one more Friday closer to Christmas!

I noticed my swedish christmas group is having a pre-Christmas celebration tonight.

They have summaries of the announcements in English. I notice they do not say where or where, but they are based in southern sweden. But it is a nice idea. Hubby and I are going on our 5th anniversary celebration cruise tomorrow which is almost as fun as Christmas!

I almost forgot to mention that I found some christmas themed hand soap this week! Now, this may not seem like such a big deal to most of you (not sure about Canada), but such "frivolities" are new to the swedish market. I got some orange/clove scented soap for the bathroom. I do not need personal christmas presents at all, its the little novelties that make the season fun. :scene:

I bet the the orange/clove scented soap smells wonderful! :smilecc: I haven't seen any of that soap here. My sister has her own small boutique in Toronto with all hand made designs by Canadian artists and crafters, including her wonderful jewellery. She also makes bath bombs and room sprays. I know she was making some Christmas room sprays. I wonder if she has an orange/clove one? We are spending next weekend with her when we go to the parade, I can hardly wait to see/smell her new scents. She always keeps me in a good supply of her wonderful lavender/lemongrass spray. Enjoy your soap what a lovely Christmas scent! :D
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby mistletoe misfit » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:24 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Old-Fashioned Christmas is one Iike on Accuholidays

That is the one I most listen to. Occasionally Radio North Pole, and Christmas is for kids.
Right now playing is Nat King Cole "The Christmas Song"(Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)
mistletoe misfit
Head Baker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:01 pm

I will check that out tonight. I need some Christmas Spirit after this long week.
THANKS!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby ksrjreed » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Hello CAYer's

Just got off work but waiting for the family arrive where I am at, getting ready to have the kids Christmas portrait done tonight, I think we ae going with a fun pose this year, we have enought of them just sitting there. After pics it will be time to go home and enjoy the rest of this blessed day. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:25 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Accuholidays is also a great source for Christmas music online.

Which Christmas channel do you listen to? :think:
I haven't found one I like yet.

Sonic........its free on DirecTV and they already have their Holiday channel up and running. It cycles for major holidays and I was so surprised that on Nov 1 they were playing Christmas music! :singing:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:I am at a Tech conference today and tomorrow in the mountains of Killington, Vt. The snow is falling and the world feels Christmasy.

:flake: I am so jealous! I hope I see snow around Christmas time. :flake:

OOoooo! Killington is beautiful during ski/Christmas :snowwow: season - enjoy!

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Tomtemor wrote:Happy Friday and we are one more Friday closer to Christmas!

What fun - have lots of Christmas fun! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:27 pm

mistletoe misfit wrote:

That is the one I most listen to. Occasionally Radio North Pole, and Christmas is for kids.
Right now playing is Nat King Cole "The Christmas Song"(Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)

Yes, Radio North Pole is one of my little one's Christmas faves! :singing:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:28 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Hello CAYer's

Just got off work but waiting for the family arrive where I am at, getting ready to have the kids Christmas portrait done tonight, I think we ae going with a fun pose this year, we have enought of them just sitting there. After pics it will be time to go home and enjoy the rest of this blessed day. :smilecc:

Hope you have fun and enjoy making new memories with your Christmas snapshot! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:33 am

took a pic of myself at a local grocery store last night with a life size Santa. Price was steep but not impossible, the problem is space. My husband would have to move out. Maybe we can make him a Santa outfit like that. Will try to get a photobucket account so I can post pic for all my Christmas friends.
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby tinseltown » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:47 pm

So nice to read all your christmas posts as we race towards our favourite time of the year .Going to pick up my christmas order from the english shop this week :dinner: cant wait to decorate and get the festive season started :smilecc: xxx
[url][/url]
tinseltown
Christmas Tree Finder

Postby ksrjreed » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:13 pm

Had a good evening last night with the family getting the kids Christmas portraits made. It has been wonderful today not having to be at a band competition and just having the first part of today to be lazy. Tonight the family and I will be heading to a early Thanksgiving dinner hosted by our local Autism support group. Should be a fun time being around people who know what you are going through, well hope everyone else has a fun filled Saturday and will talk later. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby Christmas Crazy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:23 pm

My wife and I just got done watching a Christmas movie on The Hallmark Channel.
The Wishing Tree
They have so many great movies. Especially at Christmas time.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Tomtemor wrote:took a pic of myself at a local grocery store last night with a life size Santa. Price was steep but not impossible, the problem is space. My husband would have to move out. Maybe we can make him a Santa outfit like that. Will try to get a photobucket account so I can post pic for all my Christmas friends.

Looking forward to your pics Jennifer! It just isn't Christmas without a Santa pic! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:40 pm

tinseltown wrote:So nice to read all your christmas posts as we race towards our favourite time of the year .Going to pick up my christmas order from the english shop this week :dinner: cant wait to decorate and get the festive season started :smilecc: xxx

Sounds like Christmas fun tinseltown! Are you decorating with a certain color or theme? :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:42 pm

ksrjreed wrote:Had a good evening last night with the family getting the kids Christmas portraits made. It has been wonderful today not having to be at a band competition and just having the first part of today to be lazy. Tonight the family and I will be heading to a early Thanksgiving dinner hosted by our local Autism support group. Should be a fun time being around people who know what you are going through, well hope everyone else has a fun filled Saturday and will talk later. :smilecc:

So happy your Christmas photo session went so well ksrjreed! And enjoy your Christmas dinner hosted by the Autism group - what a special group of people! :smilecc:

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter