2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

The place for Christmas and non-Christmas chatter.

Re: 2000 Posts By Christmas 2012

Postby Noel+ » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:43 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:My wife and I just got done watching a Christmas movie on The Hallmark Channel.
The Wishing Tree
They have so many great movies. Especially at Christmas time.

Yes, they're Countdown to Christmas started Friday night.

Tonight is a great movie: The Christmas Season with Richard Thomas. It's old-time magical fun so don't miss it! :smilecc:

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby ksrjreed » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Checking in for a quick comment, have had a great Sunday, went to church and had a great message this morning and spent the rest of the afternoon just relaxing, now the family and I are watching Disney's A Christmas Carol, hope everyone else is having a great Sunday. :smilecc:

Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.
ksrjreed
Bow Maker

Location: Helping the Old Man Change a Tire,,,,,,,OH FUDGE!!!

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:18 am

I am very excited to hear that the Hallmark channel is starting their Christmas movies!!
Love and Joy Come to You!
Santa's coming Santa's coming! I know him!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:19 am

It's official... we are having an ugly Christmas sweater party.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:25 am

We had a "rough" cruise this time around. Even old navy salt husband was a bit seasick. Had a windstorm at the apartment last night, I thought the balcony was going to be ripped off. But, awoke to a Christmas episode of Lois & Clark, so all is right with the world. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby Mrs.Claus » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm back, actually we got back Tuesday night but we've been non-stop till now. When we got back, we cleaned all the main areas (what visitors see) and got ready for our Santa Claus Parade Party (Saturday). It was great!! We also watch the first Christmas movie of the season - Ernest Saves Christmas.

Getting back to school has been crazy - so much happened and happening and just trying to catch up. Hubby's been swamped at work too. I think the kids have it the easiest this time.

Vacation was AWESOME, AMAZING, WONDERFUL!!! My recommendation is save up and go on a Disney Cruise (even without kids) - it is so worth it! The service was top notch, broadway-style shows, and the food just WOW!!

Just waiting for hubby to upload pics so I can show everyone - lots of Christmas stuff too.
~ Mrs. Claus ~

Mrs.Claus
The Mrs.

Postby kiwidogy_max » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:54 pm

I have been on 2 cruises and have loved them both! I have a Christmas ornament from both. Bermuda, Bahamas, st. Thomas, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico. GREAT TIMES!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:22 pm

I've been on 3 cruises and loved them all. But I don't know if I could get on a ship full of kids and none of them are mine. Does not sound like a Christmas vacation I would enjoy to the fullest. :D
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:24 pm

Mrs.Claus wrote:I'm back, actually we got back Tuesday night but we've been non-stop till now. When we got back, we cleaned all the main areas (what visitors see) and got ready for our Santa Claus Parade Party (Saturday). It was great!! We also watch the first Christmas movie of the season - Ernest Saves Christmas.

Getting back to school has been crazy - so much happened and happening and just trying to catch up. Hubby's been swamped at work too. I think the kids have it the easiest this time.

Vacation was AWESOME, AMAZING, WONDERFUL!!! My recommendation is save up and go on a Disney Cruise (even without kids) - it is so worth it! The service was top notch, broadway-style shows, and the food just WOW!!

Just waiting for hubby to upload pics so I can show everyone - lots of Christmas stuff too.

Did you stop at Bronners? I would love to see all their Christmas decorations.
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:12 pm

I will be setting up the Christmas Tree this weekend. :shop:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Christmas Crazy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:13 pm

My parents are coming for a visit next week. We are trying to have the house decorated for Christmas by Wednesday of next week.
My wife doesn't like the idea of having Thanksgiving dinner with the house decorated for Christmas. So I told her to think of it as Pre-Christmas Dinner. She rolled her eyes and we will do it just this one time. I love her!
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Jolly O'Leary » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Christmas Crazy wrote:My parents are coming for a visit next week. We are trying to have the house decorated for Christmas by Wednesday of next week.
My wife doesn't like the idea of having Thanksgiving dinner with the house decorated for Christmas. So I told her to think of it as Pre-Christmas Dinner. She rolled her eyes and we will do it just this one time. I love her!

I had the same problem, that is why I moved the Lundgren Family Thanksgiving to the Swedish October date. It was too hard to be ready for First Advent if we had American Thanksgiving in November since for some strange reason, Sweden does not give a holiday for that. This week we will start the Christmas cleaning and change out the curtains, bedroom linens, etc. I will make tetrazinni with leftover turkey (frozen) and use placemats rather than the full table cloth so as not to have to wash it again. Not sure I will get out the thanksgiving dishes again, will see how I feel that day.

I have often wondered how our cold climate christmas friends feel about having thanksgiving with snow on the ground. Give your wife a nice "spa day" for doing the dinner. Tell her it is a "pre-christmas" gift. :elfgrin:
Jennifer Lundgren
originally from San Antonio, Texas (USA)

LIfe is one Christmas adventure after another.
Jolly O'Leary
Rudolph's Assistant

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:06 pm

That is great that you are having the house decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving. I would love to do that! You have a wonderfully understanding wife! A spa day for her is a marvelous idea.
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Christmas Crazy- are you setting up a real or artificial tree? I had assumed artificial since it would be up so long! :scene:
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:09 pm

I listened to Accuradio Holidays music on my way home from work today! It was a great way to end the day. Gotta loves art phones...I can get Christmas music anywhere!!!
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby kiwidogy_max » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:10 pm

I was thinking of getting one of those USB powered mini Christmas trees for my desk at work. Does anyone have any such thing in their workplace?
kiwidogy_max
Toy Maker

Postby Christmas Crazy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:21 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:Christmas Crazy- are you setting up a real or artificial tree? I had assumed artificial since it would be up so long! :scene:

You assume correctly.
It's funny, I've never had a real Christmas tree. But I do like real ones.
Maybe one day. :think:
Christmas Crazy
Sleigh Assistant

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:25 am

kiwidogy_max wrote:I have been on 2 cruises and have loved them both! I have a Christmas ornament from both. Bermuda, Bahamas, st. Thomas, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico. GREAT TIMES!

We have one from Midway and Kwajaleen! :D

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year! Charles Dickens
Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:26 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
Mrs.Claus wrote:I'm back, actually we got back Tuesday night but we've been non-stop till now. When we got back, we cleaned all the main areas (what visitors see) and got ready for our Santa Claus Parade Party (Saturday). It was great!! We also watch the first Christmas movie of the season - Ernest Saves Christmas.

Did you stop at Bronners? I would love to see all their Christmas decorations.

So very happy for you & family that your Disney vacation was so wonderful! It'll be a treat to see your photos when you have time to post them!

And Christmas 'stuff' too - yay! :D

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

Postby Noel+ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:28 am

Christmas Crazy wrote:
kiwidogy_max wrote:Christmas Crazy- are you setting up a real or artificial tree? I had assumed artificial since it would be up so long! :scene:

You assume correctly.
It's funny, I've never had a real Christmas tree. But I do like real ones.
Maybe one day. :think:

What I miss about a real tree is the smell! Fake oils, etc [and I've tried them all] just aren't the same. Slatkin had a candle that was spot on but he is no longer in the biz. IF you buy a real tree in the future, just remember you have to water it daily and spend an hour vacuuming up the fallen pine needles. Otherwise it is worth it!

Christmas is worth all the effort! With kids and pets we switched to an artificial tree. Last year it was definitely a Charlie Brown tree..........falling apart........but it'll have to do for now.

Noel+
Santa's Top Advisors

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Chatter